A rareMillburn/Short Hills
14 Pine Ter E, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 14 Pine Ter E
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 3 Full and 2 Half
14 Pine Ter E, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue For More Information 973-936-9129
A short drive through the tree lined streets of the Glenwood section of Short Hills will bring you to 14 Pine Ter E, Short Hills, NJ 07078. Here you’ll find a beautiful family home meticulously maintained colonial boasting the ultimate in historic charm combined with numerous upgrades.
The bluestone walkway guides you to the front door and into the Entry Hallway where you will get your first glimpse of all that the home has to offer. Warm toned hardwood floors, decorative paneled wainscoting and a classic center staircase provide the backdrop for all your living and entertaining options. Proceed through the broad archway into the gracious Living Room where the large gas fireplace serves as the focal point of the room adorned with built-in bookcases and shelving on either side…the room is just perfect for either an intimate gathering or larger holiday celebration. Guests will flow easily into the adjacent Sun Room where light streams in on three sides and another gas fireplace warms you on cool evenings. French doors lead you into the inviting Family Room where the natural light is breathtaking thanks to large windows and French doors that lead out to the mahogany deck, brick patio and lawn right outside. Picture yourself outdoors with multiple tables and chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbecue and perennials blossoming at every turn…it’s a personal retreat as well as an enticing spot for outdoor entertaining.
Proceed on into the gourmet Kitchen where preparing meals is a pleasure with top of the line appliances and custom cabinetry complete with plenty of pantry space. Sit down in the Breakfast Room for a quick snack overlooking the lush greenery outside or continue on through the conveniently located Home Office, complete with built-in desk and charming bay window, to the Dining Room where family and friends can relax while enjoying a more formal meal. A conveniently located Powder Room, access to the lower level and a rear staircase to the Master Bedroom complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, the second level awaits with 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths to assure everyone’s complete comfort. The Master Suite includes a spacious Bedroom with rich hardwood floors, plenty of closet space, access to the rear staircase and an En Suite Bath with elegant marble shower and built-in storage. A bright and airy Recreation Room is accessible from 2 of the generously sized bedrooms and an additional bedroom with French doors and hardwood floors provides numerous options for alternate use. But that’s not all…2 additional bedrooms, a large Play Room with built-in bookcases and storage as well as another Full Bath on the 3rd level provide private living quarters for family and guests.
And there’s more….the open lower level offers space for use as a Home Gym or Recreation Room, a Dark Room with utility sink for photography enthusiasts, plenty of storage closets, a fully equipped Laundry Area and access to the backyard.
In a sought after location within easy walking distance of schools and NJ Transit Midtown Express to NYC, access to top schools and a wonderful Millburn Downtown, 14 Pine Terrace East is the perfect places to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 14 Pine Ter E, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings, wainscoting, coat closet, center staircase and archways to Living Room and Dining Room
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, 2 custom full wall built-in bookcases with storage cabinets, large gas fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround and 2 archways to Sun Room
- Sun Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, 2 full windowed walls, gas fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround, ceiling fan, baseboard heat and French doors to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, large windows on 2 full walls, recessed lights, ceiling fan, French doors to custom mahogany deck and brick paver patio and access to Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring custom natural maple cabinetry with glass door accents, granite counter tops and ceramic tile backsplash, built-in book shelf/cabinet and pantry, hardwood floors, stainless appliances including Bosch dishwasher, Thermador double wall oven, SubZero Refrigerator, Viking 6 burner range with hood, stainless sink with garbage disposal, microwave, pendant fixture, recessed lights, bay window, adjacent Breakfast Room and access to Office and Basement
- Breakfast Room with floor to ceiling bay window, hardwood floors, recessed lights, closet and baseboard heat
- Office (previously used as Butler’s Pantry before renovation) with custom built-in desk, hardwood floors, bay window, recessed lights, closet with shelving and access to Kitchen and back staircase to Master Bedroom
- Dining Room with wainscoting and crown moldings, hardwood floors, chandelier, 3 large windows and access to Office
- Powder Room with marble floor, pedestal sink, sconce, baseboard heat and storage cabinet
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, linen closet with shelves and drawers and stairway access to Third Level
- Bedroom #1 with walk-in closet with shelving, built-in bookcase, crown moldings, carpet, ceiling fan, window blinds and bi-fold door entry to Recreation Room
- Recreation Room with windows on 3 sides, built-ins with shelves and cabinets, ceiling fan and second set of bi-fold doors to Bedroom #2
- Bedroom #2 with crown moldings, carpet, ceiling fan, window blinds and bedside sconce
- Bedroom #3 with French doors, hardwood floors, closet, recessed lights, 4 large windows with blinds, chair rail, crown moldings currently used as a home theater
- Hall Bath with marble floor and walls, whirlpool tub with shower, mirrored wall, medicine cabinet, towel closet, pedestal sink and recessed lights
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, crown moldings, bedside sconces, window blinds, 3 custom built closets (one with built-in drawers) windows overlooking backyard, staircase to first level office and En Suite Bathroom featuring marble floor, walls and walk-in stall shower with glass doors, heat lamp, pedestal sink, cabinets with shelves, fixture and mirrored wall
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, arched ceiling, ceiling fan and access to large hallway closet
- Play Room with hardwood floors, built-in bookcases/toy storage, large storage closet and access to attic
- Bedroom #6 with hardwood floors, paneled window seat, arched ceiling and built-in bookcase
- Full Bath with shower over claw foot tub, pedestal sink, ceramic tile floor and fixtures
- Gym/Recreation Room with 6 storage closets and separate storage room and private area with toilet
- Dark Room with utility sink
- Utility Area
- Laundry Area with washer/dryer, utility sink, broom closet, second refrigerator/freezer
- Access to back yard
- 1-Car detached garage with electricity
- Professionally landscaped and maintained property with underground sprinkler system
- Family Room addition (2010)
- Multi-zone gas heat
- Multi-zone central air (installed 2001)
- Fire, security and low temperature alarm systems
- Direct gas line to patio
- Water purifier
- Water Softener
- New Roof (2009)
- 2 New Chimneys (2003)
- Gas chimney relined (2008)
- New dishwasher and microwave (2008)
- New hot water heater (2014)
- 3rd floor windows replaced (2010)
- Exterior painting (2007)
- Driveway resurfaced (2011)
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.