55 Stewart Rd Short Hills NJ 07078Short Hills
55 Stewart Rd Short Hills NJ 07078
- 55 Stewart Rd
- Short Hills
- 6 full, 2 half
Listing for Sale! 55 Stewart Rd Short Hills NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-936-9129!
DREAM HOME ALERT! Prepare to be wowed by this magnificent custom built 7 bedroom, 6 full, 2 half bath contemporary on 1.45 acre private lot on most sought after street in Short Hills! Expansive open floor plan with 10’ ceilings throughout first floor. Oversized windows and doors provide views and easy access to gorgeous patio, pool and property! Open Living Room/Dining Room share 2-side floor to ceiling fireplace. Gourmet Kitchen totally open to Family room with fireplace. Stunning Master Suite with huge walk in closet and sitting room, luxurious spa-like Master bath with Jacuzzi and steam shower. Convenient 1st floor Cabana Room/Laundry. and best mud room you’ve ever seen! Beautifully finished expansive lower level with rec room, wine cellar, soundproof music studio, exercise room and nanny’s suite. Attached 3-car garage. Bus service to #1 ranked Millburn schools. Your once in a lifetime opportunity to live in your own private sanctuary!
Utterly captivating both inside and out, no luxury was spared during the 2006 construction process of this superior home. Featuring 10 foot ceilings, an open floor plan and walls of glass throughout, this light filled 7 bedroom, 6.5 bath 12,500+ square foot residence is a true show-stopper!
Upon arrival you’ll step through the large custom wood door into the welcoming Entry Hall with exquisite views of the expansive spaces found in all directions. Directly in front are the handsome Living Room and Dining Room that feature a striking floor to ceiling 2-sided gas fireplace and a full wall of windows and sliding doors providing a full view of the gorgeous property outside. It’s the perfect place to gather with friends and family and then sit down to enjoy gourmet creations prepared in the adjacent chef’s dream Kitchen. The open kitchen boasts an elegant blend of warm hued custom cabinetry topped with white Danby marble that makes quite a statement. Equipped with professional grade appliances, an abundance of pantry and storage space, a center island breakfast bar and a spacious casual dining area with even more stunning backyard views, this kitchen is sure to impress. After meals, you’ll have your choice of casual spaces in which to unwind. Settle down in front of a large flat screen TV to watch a movie in the Family Room or step into the neighboring screened in sun porch to enjoy gentle evening breezes. You’re sure to appreciate the adjacent Home Office with built in “command center” that has complete visibility of the kitchen, family room, patio and pool area. An expansive Mud Room with large center island provides plenty of storage space for coats and shoes, a Cabana Room with washer, dryer and refrigerator assures a fabulous pool experience and a conveniently located Powder Room complete the first level living space.
The flawless fluency of the daily living and entertainment spaces transmits seamlessly to the private bedroom wing. Four spacious bedrooms, each with en suite bath, assure the ultimate in comfort and convenience for family and guests. Immerse yourself in luxury as you enter the Master Suite featuring amenities worthy of a 5-star hotel. Drenched in light cascading in from two large windows, the Master bedroom boasts a room sized walk-in closet with built-in custom cabinetry and plenty of dressing space. Enter the spa-like en suite bath to unwind in the large Jacuzzi tub set in a stone surround or, if you prefer, indulge in the relaxing steam shower. A conveniently located Den/Sitting Room with built-in shelving for your favorite collectibles provides the perfect place to cozy up with your favorite book or to watch late night TV. Three additional family bedrooms (one currently equipped as a Home Office) are just down the hall, while just upstairs, you’ll find a fully outfitted Yoga/Dance Studio in addition to another full bedroom.
And there’s so much more – no matter the season. Summertime is sure to be a pleasure as you enjoy your own private backyard oasis. Dine al fresco on the covered patio before taking a dip in the custom designed pool nestled amid lush lawns, well planned shrubbery and a canopy of mature trees. Winter months will surely be enjoyed in the home’s lower level where there are limitless possibilities for day and night family entertainment and fun. Get in a workout on a stationary bike or treadmill or watch a movie before enjoying a game of pool. Sip on your favorite wine found in the temperature controlled wine cellar featuring a granite serving surface. Your budding musician can bang away on a drum set or strum their guitar in the soundproof Music Room. For the artistic members of the family, enjoy endless hours of creativity in the dedicated Art Room. A spacious bedroom, full bath, dog washing room and an abundance of closet space complete the expansive lower level space.
Upon viewing, you’ll undoubtedly see that 55 Stewart Road is truly a one-of-a-kind home. A private retreat in the midst of world-class amenities with easy access to top ranked schools and NYC transportation, it’s a property that’s nothing short of perfection.
Floor by Floor Details of 55 Stewart Road, Short Hills
- Entry Hall with 10’ ceilings and open views of the Living Room, Dining Room, pool and rear property
- Powder Room with Kohler ceramic sink set in custom wood vanity with plate glass mirror above, outlet lighting fixture and Kohler commode
- Laundry Room with cabinetry, marble counter for folding with storage beneath, GE front loading washer and dryer on pedestal and light fixture
- Living Room with custom 2-sided gas fireplace (shared with Dining Room) with floor to ceiling wood surround, recessed lighting, built-in wet bar with Caesarstone countertop, Franke stainless steel sink with polished nickel gooseneck faucet, Crestron sound system with ceiling speakers, full windowed wall featuring 3 sets of glass doors with access to backyard and pool
- Dining Room with gas fireplace (shared with Living Room), recessed lighting, ceiling speakers, 2 large pendant lights, open to Entry Hall and Living Room; full windowed wall with door access to rear property with covered patio and pool area, access to Kitchen
- Kitchen with custom cabinetry with Danby marble countertops, professional grade stainless steel appliances including, Viking 6-burner gas range, Dacor oven, Dacor microwave, SubZero refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid dishwasher and center island with breakfast bar and Franke deep stainless steel sink with Moen faucet and In-Sink-Erator waste disposal, two pantry closets: Breakfast Area with large pendant light, recessed lighting, large windows facing front of property; open access to Office and Family Room, adjacent to Mud Room
- Office Area with custom cabinetry featuring built-in desk and shelves; total visibility of Kitchen, Family Room, patio and pool area
- Family Room featuring wood burning fireplace with stone surround, custom built wall unit, recessed lighting, Fujitsu flat screen TV above fireplace, pocket door to hallway with second Powder Room
- Second Powder Room with Kohler ceramic double sink with gooseneck faucet, wainscoting and Kohler commode
- Screened-In Sun Porch with indoor/outdoor carpet, wood burning fireplace with full stone wall surround, wainscoting on walls and ceiling, paddle fan, built-in speakers and recessed lights
- Cabana Room with stackable Speed Queen washer and dryer, supplemental side-by-side refrigerator (GE Monogram with water and ice dispenser) with easy access to pool area
- Mud Room with walk-in pantry, two double closets, cubbies, center island with built-in dog crate, full wall chalk board
First Level Bedroom Wing
- Hallway with carpeting and double linen closet
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpeting, oversized custom “California” closet with built-in desk, ceiling fan, control panel for security, LG flat screen TV, two huge windows with custom shades, separate Exercise Room with carpet
- Den/Sitting Room with carpeting, LG flat screen TV and wall with built-in shelving
- Master Bath with two Kohler ceramic sinks set in custom vanity with Caesarstone top, Jacuzzi tub with Caesarstone surround, heated floor, double steam shower with Rain Forest showerhead, two benches and seamless glass shower door, double linen closest with shelving, private commode and bidet
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, large windows with wood shutters, walk-in closet, ceiling light fixture and recessed lighting, windows with shades, en suite bath with plate glass mirror above vanity with Kohler ceramic sink set in IceStone, shower with pebble floor and Kohler commode
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, large windows, walk-in “California” closet, recessed lighting, en suite bath with plate glass mirror with lighting fixtures above Kohler ceramic sink set in IceStone, stall shower with pebble floor and Kohler commode with shuttered window.
- Bedroom #4/Home Office with control panel for sound system, hardwood floor, walk-in closet, built-in desk; en suite bath featuring vanity with plate glass mirror above Kohler ceramic sink set in IceStone counter, stall shower with seamless glass shower door and pebble floor, Kohler commode and window with shade
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, recessed lights, two windows with shades, Honeywell thermostats, access to attic; en suite bath with plate glass mirror over Kohler ceramic sink, stall shower, Kohler commode and two windows
- Bedroom #6/Yoga/Dance Studio with bamboo wood floor, vaulted ceiling with recessed lights, ceiling speakers and control panel, built-ins, closet and four windows providing two exposures
- Recreation Room with carpet, LG flat screen TV, bamboo raised stage, recessed lighting, window, walk-in closet plus abundance of additional closet space
- Music Studio with sound proofing, recessed lighting, track and “stage” lighting
- Temperature controlled Wine Cellar with 2,000 bottle capacity, custom built storage racks and center wine storage, light fixture
- Work Shop with custom built-ins and window
- Art Room with VCT floor, recessed lighting and window
- Exercise Room with bamboo floor, two mirrored walls and window
- Full Bath with plate glass mirror with two light fixtures above Kohler ceramic sink set in custom vanity, stall shower, Kohler commode and NuTone exhaust
- Bedroom #7 with carpet, recessed lighting and window with blinds
- Two Utility Rooms
- Dog Washing Room
- Professionally landscaped 1.45+ acre property featuring, stone patios and walkways and in ground pool
- 3-car heated garage
- 8’ doors throughout
- 2 Weil-McLain furnaces provide radiant heat
- 2 Weil-McLain Ultra Plus gas hot water heaters
- Honeywell air conditioning Elite system
- 300-amp electrical panel
- Culligan water softener and reverse osmosis filtered water system
- Hayden central vacuum
- GE alarm system
- Sensor in doorway to announce guests
- Avaya phone system
- Sump pump
- Poured concrete foundation
- Cedar shake roof
- Whole house back-up generator
- Doors and stairs provide legal egress for lower level
- 6 Carrier furnaces and 6 Honeywell humidifiers
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.