6 Bedroom Tudor in Old Short Hills on .74 AcresShort Hills
96 South Terrace, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 96 South Terrace
- Short Hills
- 3 full, 2 half
Listing for Sale! 96 South Terrace, Short Hills, NJ 07078
For a Private Appointment, call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Move right into this sunlit 6 Bedroom, 3 Full and 2 Half Bath Tudor located on quiet Old Short Hills street, just blocks to the Midtown direct train to NYC. Nestled among gorgeous English Gardens, this home will appeal to today’s buyers looking for a combination of elegant craftsmanship, natural light, a generous floorplan and fabulous architectural details throughout. Tudor-style doors, magnificent casement windows with timeless leaded glass, custom built-ins, slate roof and whole house generator. Modern upgrades abound in the white Kitchen, Family Room with wet bar and Master Bedroom with renovated Master Bath. The Outdoor Terrace and Patio, surrounded by a sprawling lawn and glorious landscaping, are truly an entertainer’s dream. Don’t miss all this home has to offer with top-notch schools, proximity to Glenwood Elem, New York City, Midtown Direct Train and downtown Millburn shopping and restaurants.
Drive up to 96 South Terrace and you are transported to another time and place. This stately 6 Bedroom, 3 Full and 2 Half Bath Tudor, in the heart of Old Short Hills, is reminiscent of an English storybook home complete with beautiful cottage gardens, original stone pathways, rock walls and exquisite period details. Enjoy the home’s stunning hallmarks including gorgeous Tudor-Style doors and archways, hardwood floors, casement windows with leaded glass and plaster walls throughout, all within a short walking distance to the Midtown direct train to New York City and top notch schools.
Enter though the welcoming traditional Tudor Door adorned by period hardware. Walk into the bright Entry Foyer complete with hardwood floors and an elegant staircase with iron railings. The spacious and bright Living Room is an entertainer’s dream with its gorgeous flagstone fireplace and bay of leaded glass windows. Cozy up with a book in the stunning Library/Office complete with 3 walls of lovely windows with breathtaking views of the outdoor gardens. A covered Outdoor Porch, with outstanding views of the garden below and stunning bluestone patio, is easily accessed from the Living Room making indoor and outdoor entertaining seamless. Dinner parties are ideal in the elegant Formal Dining Room complete with bright windows and custom built-ins with plenty of room to display all your family heirlooms. Gourmet meals are a snap in the Updated Kitchen complete with crisp white cabinetry, high end stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and ample storage space. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the Breakfast Room as you soak in the beautiful height and variation of the rear gardens. The adjacent Family Room, equipped with wet bar and glass front cabinetry, is the perfect place to enjoy wine with friends or spend time with family. A tasteful Powder Room with an impressive half moon vanity rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stairway to the 2nd floor landing complete with ample storage and beautiful windows. Enjoy privacy and gorgeous architectural details in the roomy Master Bedroom Suite complete with picture window with leaded glass, walk-in closet with custom adjustable shelving, an additional closet and renovated en-suite Bathroom featuring designer vanity and frameless glass shower with granite seat. The adjacent Master Sitting Room provides ample additional living space or can easily be converted to Bedroom #2. Two additional generously-sized Bedrooms share the tastefully renovated Hallway Bathroom. The spacious 3rd Level features two more spacious Bedrooms, plenty of storage space and a conveniently located full bathroom.
The real showstopper of 96 South Terrace is the exquisite property, on ¾ acre, painstakingly restored to its original beauty. Large, level yard with meandering paths, original stone steps, stone walls, an original pond with waterfall and abundant perennial gardens radiate absolute serenity. With a covered stone porch, an additional oversized bluestone patio and dazzling views of the gardens beyond, entertaining family and friends outdoors is divine.
And that’s not all – the unfinished Lower Level has plenty of space for Laundry, a Children’s Playroom or Recreation Room and Mudroom Area.
With its prestigious neighborhood, short walking distance to Midtown Direct train, top notch schools, proximity to New York City and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 96 South Terrace is an absolute must see.
Floor by Floor Details of 96 South Terrace, Short Hills
- Classic Tudor-Style wooden front door with period iron hardware
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, casement windows with leaded glass, brass flushmount lantern, brass sconce, baseboard molding, staircase with decorative iron railing, plaster walls and ceiling
- Powder Room featuring marble tiled floor, half moon decorative wood vanity, granite countertop, sconces with lampshades, recessed lighting
- Living Room featuring archway, hardwood floors, bay of casement windows with leaded glass, oversized wood burning fireplace with flagstone surround and wood mantle, chandelier, recessed light, crown molding and baseboard molding, plaster walls and ceiling
- Library/Office featuring large archway, casement windows with leaded glass, wood floors, plaster walls and ceiling
- Side entry to Covered Porch featuring classic Tudor-style wood door with period iron hardware
2 coat closets
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wall of casement windows with leaded glass, custom built-ins with storage and buffet, crown and baseboard molding, chandelier, plaster walls and ceiling, sconces
- Updated Kitchen featuring wood-look vinyl floors, wood cabinetry with abundant storage, granite countertops, tile backsplash, recessed lighting, beadboard wainscoting, casement window, stainless steel Electrolux refrigerator, stainless steel AGA range and cooktop, Best stainless steel hood, stainless steel Kitchen Aid Dishwasher, Pantry with floor to ceiling shelving, stainless steel sink, gooseneck fixture, glass door upper cabinetry, built-in appliance garage, door to basement
- Breakfast Area featuring wood-look vinyl floors, casement windows, French door to outside, chandelier
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, casement windows with leaded glass, wet bar with stainless steel sink, wine refrigerator, under counter Sub-Zero refrigerator and granite countertops, upper cabinets with glass doors for china storage, recessed lighting, built-in bookshelf, plaster walls and ceiling
- 2nd floor landing featuring hardwood floors, casement window with leaded glass, baseboard molding, flush-mount lantern, eave storage, 2 linen closets, plaster walls and ceiling
- Master Bedroom featuring closet, carpeting (hardwood underneath), baseboard molding, sconces, plaster walls and ceiling, casement picture window with leaded glass, walk-in closet with custom adjustable shelving
- Master Bathroom featuring travertine marble floor, large decorative wood vanity with storage, shower with frameless glass door, granite seat and tile surround, regular and hand shower, decorative shower niches, eave storage, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Master Bedroom Sitting Room (easily converted to Bedroom #2) featuring double closets with gorgeous wood doors, baseboard molding, casement windows with leaded glass, carpeting (hardwood underneath), recessed lighting, built-in storage cabinet and drawers, plaster walls and ceiling
- Bedroom #3 featuring casement windows with leaded glass, sconces, closet, carpeting (hardwood underneath) and plaster walls and ceiling
- Bedroom #4 featuring casement windows with leaded glass, closet with built-in cabinetry, carpeting (hardwood underneath) and plaster walls and ceiling
- Renovated Full Hallway Bathroom featuring wood-look vinyl floors, decorative wood vanity with granite countertop, tub/shower combination with tile surround, sconces, recessed lighting
- 3rd floor landing featuring abundant eave storage, baseboard molding, flushmount lantern, large round window, carpeting and plaster walls and ceiling
- Hallway Full Bathroom featuring tile floor, tub/shower combination with tile surround, glass shower doors, vanity with storage, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #5 featuring casement windows with leaded glass, ceiling fan, closet, carpeting (hardwood underneath) and plaster walls and ceiling
- Bedroom #6 featuring casement windows with leaded glass, ceiling fan, carpeting (hardwood underneath) and plaster walls and ceiling
- Unfinished Room being used as Den with built-in bookshelves and utility closet (easily converted to playroom)
- Laundry Room featuring built-in cabinet with drawers and storage
- Powder Room
- Mudroom Area
- 3 car garage attached with electric doors
- Utility Room
- Work Room
- ¾ Acre (Lot is 250 x 129 and .7409 acre per lot survey – tax record is incorrect)
- English Gardens, rock paths, stone steps, Rock walls
- Bluestone Patio
- Bluestone Covered Porch
- Original Pond with waterfall
- 16 zone irrigation
- Slate Roof
- Kitchen cabinets painted (2016)
- Basement painted (2015)
- Bluestone Covered Porch relaid (2015)
- Exterior painting (with 8 year warranty) and gutter replacement (2015)
- 2 AC Units replaced (2013)
- Whole house generator (2013)
- New Attic exhaust (2012)
- Washing machine (2013)
- Kitchen appliances (2011 and dishwasher 2015)
- Driveway repaved (2010)
- Alarm system
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.