Turn-Key Three Bedroom Glenwood ColonialMillburn/Short Hills
16 Oak Hill Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 16 Oak Hill Rd
- Millburn/Short Hills
- 2 Full and 1 Half
Call Sue Adler 973-936-9129 for more information!
16 Oak Hill Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
Welcome to 16 Oak Hill Road, a charming center hall colonial tucked away in the heart of the tree-lined streets of Glenwood in Short Hills. The appeal of the home is instantly apparent as you follow the brick paver walkway to the bluestone steps and then proceed on into the inviting Entry Foyer. Through the adjacent archway you’ll find the open and airy Living Room that provides the perfect mood for entertaining family and friends in front of the large stone fireplace with its expansive mantel and intricately detailed cabinetry below. Continue on to the Sun Room where light streams through the windows while you enjoy the view of lush greenery and the inviting brick paver patio in the backyard.
Preparing meals for family and guests is a breeze in the remodeled custom designed Kitchen where granite counters and a stone tile backsplash accent the stainless steel appliances to perfection. You’ll find plenty of storage in the attractive pantry wall and will love the convenience of the built-in granite pedestal table as you sit down for either a lingering meal or a quick snack. The adjacent Dining Room is ready to host your next dinner party in complete comfort and style. A conveniently located Powder Room completes the first level living space.
When its time to retire for the night, proceed upstairs to the second level where the spacious Master Bedroom and its en suite bath plus 2 additional bedrooms and a Hall Bath provide all the space you’ll need for family and guests alike.
And there’s more…in the lower level you’ll find a Recreation Room with plenty of closet space that’s ideal for family fun, a finished office serving as a quiet retreat for your work at home needs, a fully equipped Laundry Room and plenty of additional storage space in the unfinished Utility Room.
With it’s sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, 16 Oak Hill Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 16 Oak Hill Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entry Hallway with hardwood floors, center staircase, crystal fixture and archway to Living Room and Dining Room
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lights, large wood-burning fireplace with wooden mantel, stone surround, bluestone hearth and built-in decorative glass panel cabinets, custom cabinetry and bookshelves with TV nook, window treatments, large closet and French doors to Sun Room
- Sun Room with hardwood floors, white paneled walls, window treatments, ceiling fan/light and Kitchen access
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, 3 windows, crown moldings, custom built-in cabinetry and shelves, fixture and access to Kitchen
- Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite counters, ceramic tile floor, stone backsplash, arched window with decorative mullions, stainless appliances including KitchenAid 4 burner range/oven, GE Profile refrigerator/freezer, Maytag dishwasher, recessed lights, built-in granite pedestal table and access to Powder Room, Sun Room, Basement and rear entrance leading to garage and brick paver patio
- Powder Room with pedestal sink, tile floor and walls, built-in mirrored medicine cabinet and fixture
- Gallery landing with window seat, linen closet and crystal fixture
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, recessed lights, 1 walk-in closet and 1 additional closet and En Suite bath with tile floor, arched window, recessed lights, Corian topped vanity with cabinets, mirrored door and shower over tub with tiled walls
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, raised ceiling with decorative wood beams, fixture, walk-in closet and large window
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, recessed lights, built-in dresser/armoire, 2 deep closets and staircase to full attic
- Hall Bath with tile floor, Corian topped vanity, built-in mirrored medicine cabinet, heat lamp, storage closet, arched window, tiled shower over tub and recessed lights
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lights, full wall of shelves, 2 storage closets and paneling
- Office with carpet, built-in work surface, paneling and recessed lights
- Laundry Room with tile floor, washer/dryer, utility sink and paneling
- Utility Room
Additional Features and Upgrades
- Kitchen cabinetry, floors, backsplash and refrigerator (2013)
- Exterior Painted (2013)
- Windows in Dining Room, Living Room and Sun Room (approx. 2011)
- In ground sprinkler system (2009)
- Central A/C
- 1 Car attached garage with GarageTek System
- Full attic with easy access for storage
Visit The Community
Millburn Township Schools have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The district’s mission statement reads, “[T]he mission of the Millburn Township School District, reflecting our commitment to the pursuit of excellence, is to educate students to be successful and engaged citizens of an ever-changing world through outstanding teaching, challenging programs, and enriching experiences in a safe, nurturing learning environment.” They uphold this bold sense of purpose by consistently striving for a quality of education that exceeds all expectations. The district is served by distinguished and high-ranking elementary schools (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, Wyoming) as well as Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence. Millburn High School also touts the achievement of being a Blue Ribbon School and has been ranked as the #1 high school in the state of New Jersey on multiple occasions. Millburn Township Schools have even been distinguished as high-performing schools by multiple national publications.
This award-winning district focuses on student achievement and produces nothing less than outstanding results. Millburn Township Schools combine high academic performance with a full range of athletic, musical, and community-oriented services in order to offer a rewarding and enriching experience for students that prepares them to excel in their future pursuits.
One of the greatest aspects of living in the Millburn area is the hassle-free commuting to Manhattan by both car and public transportation. The Millburn area is served by both the Millburn Train Station and the Short Hills Station, and the Maplewood Jitney Service additionally provides easy and affordable access to the nearby Maplewood Station. Combined, these conveniently located train stations allow multiple methods for commuters to travel directly into Manhattan within 40 minutes, and residents have the luxury of having a varied selection of options while planning trips using Nj Transit for speedy travel to New York, Philadelphia, and throughout New Jersey. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Hoboken Ferry also offer additional routes for rapid commuting. Millburn is constantly evolving with new commuting options so be sure to visit The Sue Adler Team Blog for updates on these amazing improvements.
The Millburn area also offers easy access to routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway by car. And, last but certainly not least for the business jetsetter, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is only a 20 minute drive away.
The convenient commuting and travel options in Millburn are an amazing perk of living in this fantastic community.