Six Bedroom Summit Northside home on a rare large lotSummit
115 Woodland Ave Summit, NJ 07901
- 115 Woodland Ave
- 3 Full and 1 Half
Exclusive listing of the Sue Adler Team Call Sue Adler for more information 973-464-9129
115 Woodland Ave Summit, NJ 07901
Welcome to 115 Woodland Avenue, a meticulously maintained family home in the heart of Northside Summit, NJ, just blocks from town and direct train to NYC. On approximately .7 acre professionally landscaped level lot, this center hall colonial features generously sized rooms and a comfortable, open floor plan.
Upon entering, a center hall Foyer serves as your introduction to this gracious home where the gleaming hardwood floors, attractive dentil moldings and a stately curved staircase to the upper level provide your first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Proceed through a large arched entry into the spacious 2-tiered Living Room where light streams through the floor-to-ceiling windows and custom built-in mirrored display cabinets, a charming bay window and a “solarium” sitting area provide the ideal place for formal entertaining.
French doors lead you into the spacious Family Room where a large wood-burning fireplace takes center stage. Here you’ll gather around to enjoy time with friends and family or simply cozy up in front of the fireplace with a book.
A short hallway leads to the large formal Dining Room where an attractive bay window provides picturesque views of the lush greenery outside – a truly elegant space for entertaining. Immediately adjacent is the very large Kitchen and a separate breakfast room area. It is in need of updates but the footprint is the perfect size to envision a top of the line gourmet island kitchen with outside exit to the rear deck.
A conveniently located Powder Room as well as a large Laundry Room/Mud Room with access to both the rear yard and the garage complete the first level living space.
Outside, the California redwood deck has expansive space for entertaining and dining. Beyond the deck, the backyard offers all the space you need for active play and gardening along with a maintenance free fence to insure your family’s safety and privacy…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from a barbeque grill, and family members and friends gathered for quality time together.
When its time to retire at the end of the evening you’ll proceed to the grand staircase leading up to the second level where six bedrooms and three baths assure everyone’s ultimate comfort. The baths are all very spacious, and ready for it’s new buyer’s updates.
The Master Suite is impeccably designed with a large walk-in closet with custom shelving, a well lit dressing area complete with vanity and sink, a large en suite master bath featuring a tile topped double vanity, a Jacuzzi tub and a walk-in shower with tile backsplash. The Family/Guest Bedrooms are enormous and feature hardwood floors, abundant closet space and a combination of en suite and hall access bathrooms to satisfy all family and guest needs. You’ll even have the option to utilize the large unique bedroom featuring parquet floors and a charming brick fireplace as a private study or impressive guest room. There are also three large hall closets and walk up access to a full level of attic storage area. The possibilities for expansion are endless with so much usable space.
And there’s more…the finished lower level includes a large freshly painted and carpeted recreation area with attractive bead board wainscoting, recessed lighting and an abundance of storage space. Expansive unfinished space provides all the additional storage area you could ever require as well as plenty of options for growth with your changing needs.
With its breathtaking grounds and sought after location, 115 Woodland Avenue is a private retreat within walking distance to NYC transportation, downtown Summit’s shops, restaurants and sought after schools…it’s the perfect place to call home.
- Entry foyer with hardwood floors, dentil moldings, 2 coat closets and chandelier
- 2-Tiered Double Living Room with hardwood floors, dentil molding, recessed lighting, built-in mirrored display units (with spot lighting), additional display case with glass shelving and spot lighting, bay window with window seat, full floor-to-ceiling windowed wall, large decorative window facing rear yard, French doors to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, wood burning fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround, recessed lighting, dentil molding, custom built-in shelves and cabinetry
- Kitchen with wood cabinets, desk and shelving, Corian countertops, wood floors, center island with GE Monogram 5-burner vented gas cooktop and prep sink, Viking refrigerator/freezer, built-in GE Profile microwave oven, double electric wall ovens, dishwasher, separate breakfast area, recessed lighting, under counter lighting, pantry, sliding doors to 2-tiered deck and pocket door to Laundry/Mudroom
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, dentil molding, bay window and window seat, chandelier and door to kitchen
- Powder Room with tile floor and Corian top vanity, light fixture and window blinds
- Laundry room with hardwood floor, new (2014) LG washer and dryer, built-in cabinet with large utility sink, broom closet and access to garage and rear yard
- Two-tier California redwood deck spanning full length of home
- Hallway with carpet (hardwood floors underneath), recessed lighting, 2 linen closets with shelves, doorway/stairs to full attic with fluorescent lighting (space suitable for conversion to living space)
- Master bedroom features large walk-in closet with built-in shelving, dressing area with recessed lighting, vanity and sink, 2 linen closets with shelves, en suite bath with recessed lighting, Jacuzzi tub with tile surround, bidet, double vanity with tile countertops, tile floors, recessed lighting, tiled stall shower
- Bedroom # 2/Study features large fireplace with brick surround, parquet wood floors, vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting and full en suite bath with hall access, shower over tub, built-in cabinets and tile floor
- Bedroom # 3- #6 feature hardwood floors, extensive closet space and large windows with blinds
- Oversized Hall Bath with en suite entrance to Bedroom #4, tile floor, double vanity, tiled stall shower and separate tub
- Large freshly painted and carpeted Rec Room with bead board wainscoting, ground level windows and recessed lighting and ceiling fan
- Multiple closets with built-in shelving and lighting
- 2 sump pumps and French drains throughout
- Expansive unfinished area with utility sink
- 2 Zone gas forced air heat and central AC
- (New furnace, AC and water heater installed in 2008)
- Central station monitoring Security system providing coverage of all windows and doors
- In-ground irrigation system
- 2 Sump pumps and French drains
- New asphalt shingle roof (2011)
- Full house Halo water filter (2014)
- Belgian block edge driveway, freshly sealed 2014
- GE Monogram stovetop (2013)
- Full house Generac natural gas back-up generator (2012)
- 2 car garage with electric door openers and built-in shelves
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.