121 Glenmere Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928Chatham
121 Glenmere Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 121 Glenmere Dr
Listing for Sale! 121 Glenmere Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
For a Private Appointment, call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Spectacular Wickham Woods custom designed home with 6 bedrooms and 3.5 baths on 6 levels of living space. Sun filled eat-in kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry, high end appliances and wet bar. Family Room with built-in entertainment center. Elegant Formal Living Room with gas fireplace and built-ins adjacent to Dining Room with French doors leading to expansive two-tiered backyard with show-stopping patio–perfect for entertaining! Family Room has built in Entertainment Center with near-by wine/beverage room. Lower Level Game Room. Gracious Master Bedroom Suite with room size walk-in closet/dressing area and en suite bath. 5 more large bedrooms, 3 with walk in closets. 3 Car Garage space with potential for bonus room. Whole house backup generator. Meticulously maintained inside and out! An amazing home at an amazing value!
Welcome to 121 Glenmere Drive, a truly unique home located on a tree-lined street in the sought after Wickham Woods section of Chatham Township. This custom designed multi-level home provides the ultimate in modern amenities, expansive, flexible living spaces and a show-stopping backyard oasis.
A short walk up the brick paver path leads you into the welcoming Entry Foyer with front-to- back views that provides your first taste of all this home has to offer. Proceed straight through the foyer into the spacious Living Room where gleaming hardwood floors and an abundance of light streaming in through a grand picture window creates a welcoming setting for family gatherings and holiday celebrations alike. Here, an elegant gas fireplace is flanked by custom lighted built-ins to provide an attractive setting for your prized collectibles. Continue on into the adjacent Dining Room to enjoy an elegant venue for formal dining. Or if you prefer, step through the French doors that provide easy access to the spectacular architect designed backyard just outside. Here you’ll find an expansive brick paver patio surrounded by colorful lush gardens – a truly stunning environment for al fresco entertaining. Picture the space set with multiple tables and chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbecue on a warm summer night. Step up to the upper tier to view a lush green lawn large enough for a child’s swing set if desired.
Continue on into the spacious Kitchen where custom cherry cabinetry, high-end appliances and an abundance of counter and storage space are sure to please the most discerning of chefs. Enjoy a quick snack at the Breakfast Bar or a casual sit down meal at the kitchen table that boasts a large buffet and wet bar as well as outdoor views through large picture windows. After your meal, settle in to the expansive ground level Family Room featuring a full wall built-in entertainment center with surround sound built in speakers – a perfect setting to watch your favorite movie on TV or enjoy a family game night. A fully equipped Wine/Beverage Room, a Mud Room with access to the driveway and backyard and an elegant Powder Room complete the ground level space. Just a few steps down to the right you’ll find the partially finished lower level Game Room that provides even more space for playtime and hobbies.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day, you’ll find 6 spacious bedrooms and 3 full baths upstairs. The luxurious Master Suite awaits featuring a large, light filled bedroom, a room-sized His & Hers walk-in closet/dressing room and an elegant en suite bath with marble topped vanity and walk-in shower. Two additional bedrooms and another full bath complete the second level. On the next level are two spacious bedrooms with high ceilings and an abundance of closet space, both with professional built-ins as well as a fully equipped Laundry Room down the hall and another updated hallway bath. Finally you come to Bedroom # 6 that’s also the perfect setting for a family gym, movie room or home office should you desire.
121 Glenmere Drive is a move in ready home that brings generous living spaces and a pretty setting together into one fabulous package. With its sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, this property is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 121 Glenmere Drive, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with front-to-back views, hardwood floors, coat closet with sliding doors, crown molding, light fixture; access to Kitchen, steps to grade level and bedroom level, archway to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, large picture window set in alcove, crown molding, gas fireplace with carved wood mantel and marble surround flanked by custom built-ins with storage cabinets and lighted glass shelves, Bose sound system with built-in ceiling speakers; archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, French doors with shades and upgraded mullions leading to expansive patio, wainscoting, crystal chandelier with ceiling medallion, crown molding; doorway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, custom cherry cabinetry, Corian counter tops, ceramic tile backsplash, Corian sink with window above, recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, breakfast bar, KitchenAid double wall/convection oven, SubZero refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, built-in GE microwave, KitchenAid dishwasher, granite topped center island with JennAir 4 burner cooktop, pantry closet and additional pantry cabinet with pull out shelving, broom closet; open to Breakfast Room with ceramic tile floor, chandelier, large bay window with display shelf, additional picture window, side door with glass panes, buffet/wet bar with storage cabinets, glass fronted accent panels, wine rack, stainless steel prep sink
- Family Room featuring custom built-in entertainment center with storage cabinets, display shelving and wiring for sound system, carpet, crown molding, recessed lighting, 3 windows; archway to Mud Room, Bar and Powder Room
- Wine/Beverage Room with stone floor, utility sink, custom cabinets with faux marble top and bead board backsplash, bead board wainscoting, French door entry, window with bamboo shades
- Powder Room with stone tile floor, vanity with granite top, framed mirror above and storage cabinet below, window with grass cloth shade
- Mud Room with stone tile floor, built-in bench and cubby storage, wainscoting, coat closet; doorway to attached garage, doorway to backyard
- Storage/Utility Room
- Gallery Landing with carpet, linen closet with shelving, additional storage closet, crystal light fixture
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpet, 2 windows, chandelier, room-sized His & Hers closet with, custom shelving, dressing area with built-in dresser unit, window with shade and recessed lighting, en suite bath with tile floor, 2 sink marble topped vanity with framed mirror and built-in medicine cabinet above, storage below, recessed lighting, glass door shower with 2 shower heads, built-in corner shelf and bench, window with blinds
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 large closets, 2 large windows, ceiling fixture
- Bedroom #3 (Office) with hardwood floors, crown molding, chair rail, double closet and light fixture
- Full Hallway Bath with marble tile floor, vanity with marble top and framed mirror above, storage cabinet below, recessed lighting, shower over tub with tiled walls and sliding glass door, window, crown molding, exhaust fan
- Large landing with hardwood floors, linen closet, recessed lighting and light fixture
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, high ceilings, angled ceiling, ceiling fan, windows on 2 sides, large walk-in closet with built-in shelving
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, ceiling fan with light, angled ceiling, walk-in closet with custom shelving, large windows
- Hall Bath #2 with vanity with Corian top, large framed mirror above and storage cabinet below, tiled floor, linen cabinets, separate walk-in shower with sliding glass door, two shower heads, slatted doors to private commode with window
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, storage cabinets with faux marble counter top, Samsung washer/dryer (new 2015), utility sink, closet, open shelving; access to large attic/storage area
- Bedroom #6/Recreation Room with carpet, ceiling fan, recessed lighting, large walk-in closet with shelving, large window; access to attic
- Game Room with carpet; access to utilities and storage space
- Professionally landscaped property with brick paver walkway to front door, private two-tiered backyard featuring expansive brick paver patio surrounded by lush gardens, flat lawn on second tier, outdoor lighting, 4-zone underground sprinkler (front and back), Invisible dog fence
- 1-car attached garage with electric door, built-in work bench and storage cabinets
- 2-car detached garage with electric door and unfinished second level with electricity (flexible space ideal for studio, home office or home gym)
- 3-zone force air heat/central AC
- ADT alarm system
- Lower level has sump pump and French drains
- Whole house back-up generator
- New Samsung washer and dryer (2015)
- All doors solid wood
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.