Spacious 6 Bedroom 3.5 Bath Expanded Ranch in The Rolling Hill Section of Chatham!Chatham Twp.
14 Ferndale Rd, Chatham NJ 07928
- 14 Ferndale Rd
- Chatham Twp.
- .442 acres
- 6 bedrooms
- 3 full, 1 half
For Sale! 14 Ferndale Rd, Chatham NJ 07928
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Spacious expanded ranch in desirable Chatham Township boasts 6 bedrooms, 3 full and 1 half bath. Open floor plan and unique terraced property are ideal for entertaining inside and out. Featuring hardwood floors throughout the 1st level, Family/Living Room with wood-burning fireplace, skylights and pass through window to galley style kitchen and breakfast bar, Spacious Dining Room open to adjoining kitchen, 1st floor Master Bedroom suite with hardwood floors and luxurious en suite bath, 5 additional bedrooms, a carpeted Sitting Area on the second level and an expansive unfinished lower level provide an abundance of options to meet all your needs!
Welcome to 14 Ferndale Road, a spacious 6 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom expanded ranch in the highly desirable residential community of Chatham Township. Nestled below a canopy of mature trees, you’ll surely enjoy taking full advantage of this home’s unique private setting that boasts exquisite views in every direction.
After proceeding through a charming covered front porch, the front Foyer with parquet floors serves as your entry into each of the living spaces on the first level. An open floor plan provides plenty of flexibility for use. To the right, a spacious Dining Room with hardwood floors and a large bay window has easy access to the neighboring Kitchen. If you love to cook and entertain, this galley set-up with unique pass through window will more than satisfy. Appliances and a pantry closet are positioned for easy access and you’ll find plenty of counter space for preparation of a gourmet meal or a quick snack at the Breakfast Bar. Off of the Kitchen you will find a window seat and built-in storage just steps away from a conveniently located Powder Room and side entrance. Continue on into the Living Room/Family Room where options are abound for use. Large windows and skylights assure a sun lit setting for meals or relaxation while taking in the spectacular views of the stone terraced backyard and patio or cozy up in front of the wood-burning fireplace as you watch your favorite movie. Also, the richly appointed Library where built-in bookcases and storage are highlighted by detailed custom woodwork, which could easily work as a private home office.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day, there are plenty of options for family and guests. A first level Master Bedroom Suite features hardwood floors, plenty of closet space and an elegant en suite bath with a spa-like Jacuzzi tub, walk-in shower and marble topped vanity. 2 additional bedrooms, each with plenty of closet space and sunshine, and a full Hallway Bath/Laundry Room round out the first level living space.
And there’s more…take a walk up the broad staircase to find a large carpeted Sitting Area, 3 additional bedrooms and a full bath – all with high ceilings, ample storage and views of the lush greenery outside. The lower level is unfinished but you can let your imagination run wild as you plan how to utilize the expansive space that’s ideal for use as a Play Room, Home Gym, Hobby Room and so much more. Outdoors, you will undoubtedly appreciate the truly unique terraced landscape as you proceed up the stone steps to the raised patio area overlooking a flat lawn, wooden swing set and another brick paver patio below. Picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbeque as you entertain family and friends.
14 Ferndale Road has so many options to grow with your changing family. Top-rated public schools, a vibrant downtown shopping district, numerous recreational opportunities and easy access to NYC transportation are icing on the cake!
Floor by Floor Description of 14 Ferndale Rd, Chatham NJ 07928
- Entry Foyer with parquet wood floors, crown molding, light fixture, double coat closet, archway to Dining Room and Library; access to Kitchen, Family Room, bedroom wing and lower level
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, crown molding, chandelier, bay window and doorway to Kitchen
- Galley style Kitchen with custom cabinetry and Breakfast Bar with “pass-through” to Family Room, hardwood floors, stainless steel appliances including Maytag refrigerator/freezer, GE 4-burner gas range with center griddle and oven below, Bosch dishwasher, microwave, double sink with disposal, pantry with shelving, light fixture; side yard egress, window seat with storage below, open to Dining Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, raised ceiling with 2 skylights, large windows with 3 exposures; open to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, built-in storage and glass fronted display cabinet ,wood burning fireplace with wood mantel and stone surround, open to Kitchen island seating, picture window with backyard views and rear exit door
- Powder Room with chair rail, pedestal sink, light fixture and window
- Library with hardwood floors, dentil moldings, chair rail, built-in bookcases with storage cabinets, bay window with deep ledge below, light fixture and doorway to bedroom wing
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, walk-in closet with shelving, additional closet, 2 windows, en suite bath with double door entry, ceramic tile floor and walls with marble tile trim, jetted tub, walk-in shower with glass door and ½ tile wall with marble accents, marble topped vanity with built-in medicine cabinet above and storage below, recessed lights, sconces, built-in ceiling speakers
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, light fixture, 3 windows with blinds, double closet with shelving
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, large window, light fixture, 2 double closets with shelving, paneled wall
- Full Hall Bath/Laundry Room with tiled shower over tub, window, double sink vanity with Swanstone top and storage below, Grohe fixtures, built-in medicine cabinet, tooth brush holder and tissue box holder, washer and dryer with cabinets above, deep linen closet with shelving
- Sitting Area with carpet, raised ceiling, recessed lights, ceiling fan, large window with blinds, built-in bookcases, storage closet
- Bedroom #4 with raised ceiling, carpet, ceiling fan, two large closets, large windows facing front yard
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, ceiling fan with light, raised ceiling, 2 windows, large closet
- Bedroom#6/Guest Room with raised ceiling, ceiling fan with lights, carpet, built-in shelves, closet with bi-fold door, storage nook with shelves, large windows overlooking backyard
- Full Bath with tile floor, shower over tub, vanity with Swanstone top and cabinets below, Grohe fixtures, large mirror, built-in medicine cabinet, raised ceiling, 2 sconces and large window
- Walk-in access to large attic storage area
- Expansive unfinished area ideal for recreation room, exercise/yoga room, etc.
- Pantry Room with shelves
- Utility Room
- Workshop area
- Spacious covered front porch with plantation fan
- 2 car garage
- 2 Zone Heat/AC
- Professionally landscaped property featuring backyard with terraced stone walls and raised patio, grade level brick paver patio, swing set
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.