Location, location, location!South Orange
140 Turrell Ave South Orange, NJ 07079- SOLD!
- 140 Turrell Ave
- South Orange
MLS#2974357 Location,location, location! blocks to downtown, train and both elementary and middle schools. Located in the desirable Montrose section, this classic ranch is loaded with curb appeal. Inside, spacious rooms are arranged in an open flow, living area separate from 4 spacious bedrooms that are serviced by 3 full baths. Large Rec. Room and media room on the finished lower level, and a large flat backyard with patio. This is a home that you will be proud to showcase at every opportunity.
The First Level
- An entry foyer greets you and includes hardwood floors and convenient coat closet.
- The front-to-back living room features red oak hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with recessed lights and large picture window overlooking flat rear yard.
- Adjoining the living room is the formal dining room with Canadian maple hardwood floors and crown molding.
- Step into the eat in kitchen with porcelain tile flooring and recessed lighting, high end German custom cabinets with granite countertops, 5 burner gas range, double wall ovens, Kitchen Aide refrigerator, Miele dishwasher and pantry. Back door leads you to large herringbone design patio with gas line; perfect for outdoor entertaining and all overlooking the flat backyard.
- Adjacent to the kitchen is an office with carpeting and laundry room.
- The family room features, custom built-ins, hard-wood floors, crown molding and recessed lighting.
- The powder room has a tile floor and granite-top vanity.
- Warm and inviting the master bedroom features new wall-to-wall carpet and 2 spacious closets.
- The master bath has tile floor, vanity with sink, walk-in tile shower.
- Bedroom 2 has a wall-to-wall carpet, closet.
- Bedroom 3 includes wall-to-wall carpet, closet.
- Bedroom 4 includes wall to wall carpet, closet.
- The hall bath aptly serves the bedrooms with a tile floor, granite vanity with double sink, linen closet and shower/tub.
- The main hallway has 2 deep linen closets, for all your storing needs.
The Lower Level
- The recreation room has new wall-to-wall carpet, built-in for storage and has outside entrances from both the driveway and attached 2 car garage.
- The full bathroom room has tile flooring and vanity with sink
- The media room has wall to wall carpet and 2 large closets.
- Utility / Storage rooms
Updates andAdditional Features
- Renovated kitchen and baths
- Newer Pella Windows in entire house
- New wall to wall carpeting in bedrooms and lower level
- Newer hardwood floors throughout home
- Exterior Features
- Herringbone front walkway leading to front steps
- New front retaining wall
- Landscape lighting
- Herringbone Rear Patio with gas line hook-up
- Landscaped property with mature trees and manicured shrubbery
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.