Location, location, location!South Orange
140 Turrell Ave South Orange, NJ 07079- SOLD!
- 140 Turrell Ave
- South Orange
MLS#2974357 Location,location, location! blocks to downtown, train and both elementary and middle schools. Located in the desirable Montrose section, this classic ranch is loaded with curb appeal. Inside, spacious rooms are arranged in an open flow, living area separate from 4 spacious bedrooms that are serviced by 3 full baths. Large Rec. Room and media room on the finished lower level, and a large flat backyard with patio. This is a home that you will be proud to showcase at every opportunity.
The First Level
- An entry foyer greets you and includes hardwood floors and convenient coat closet.
- The front-to-back living room features red oak hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with recessed lights and large picture window overlooking flat rear yard.
- Adjoining the living room is the formal dining room with Canadian maple hardwood floors and crown molding.
- Step into the eat in kitchen with porcelain tile flooring and recessed lighting, high end German custom cabinets with granite countertops, 5 burner gas range, double wall ovens, Kitchen Aide refrigerator, Miele dishwasher and pantry. Back door leads you to large herringbone design patio with gas line; perfect for outdoor entertaining and all overlooking the flat backyard.
- Adjacent to the kitchen is an office with carpeting and laundry room.
- The family room features, custom built-ins, hard-wood floors, crown molding and recessed lighting.
- The powder room has a tile floor and granite-top vanity.
- Warm and inviting the master bedroom features new wall-to-wall carpet and 2 spacious closets.
- The master bath has tile floor, vanity with sink, walk-in tile shower.
- Bedroom 2 has a wall-to-wall carpet, closet.
- Bedroom 3 includes wall-to-wall carpet, closet.
- Bedroom 4 includes wall to wall carpet, closet.
- The hall bath aptly serves the bedrooms with a tile floor, granite vanity with double sink, linen closet and shower/tub.
- The main hallway has 2 deep linen closets, for all your storing needs.
The Lower Level
- The recreation room has new wall-to-wall carpet, built-in for storage and has outside entrances from both the driveway and attached 2 car garage.
- The full bathroom room has tile flooring and vanity with sink
- The media room has wall to wall carpet and 2 large closets.
- Utility / Storage rooms
Updates andAdditional Features
- Renovated kitchen and baths
- Newer Pella Windows in entire house
- New wall to wall carpeting in bedrooms and lower level
- Newer hardwood floors throughout home
- Exterior Features
- Herringbone front walkway leading to front steps
- New front retaining wall
- Landscape lighting
- Herringbone Rear Patio with gas line hook-up
- Landscaped property with mature trees and manicured shrubbery
Visit The Community
The Maplewood – South Orange School District, serving Maplewood and South Orange, is comprised of six elementary schools. Clinton, Jefferson, Seth Boyden, and Tuscan are in Maplewood, and Jefferson/Marshall and South Mountain (which also includes students from Maplewood residing near the school) are in South Orange. There are two Middle Schools – South Orange and Maplewood Middle – while the acclaimed Columbia High School serves both Maplewood and South Orange communities.
Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey, and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. Students can choose from a wide range of elective courses, including 24 AP classes, and every year Columbia High School sends alumni to top universities like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Yale. The extracurricular activities range from Future Business Leaders of America, a mock trial team, and an award-winning student newspaper and literary magazine to the chess club, championship athletics and music and drama. Hip-hop singer/songwriter Lauryn Hill is a former student here, but Columbia High School’s greatest claim to fame must surely be as the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee, invented by students on the school grounds in 1968.
Maplewood Middle School puts a strong emphasis on academic excellence and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. This philosophy obviously pays off, as around one third of 7th graders are identified by the Johns Hopkins Talent Search and invited to take the SATs, usually taken by high school juniors.
The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School, founded in 1933, is the oldest adult school in NJ and open to everyone from age 14 to 114. The inspiring program stimulates the mind, body and senses with high-quality classes covering everything from art and childcare to business studies and computer technology. Most classes are at Columbia High School or South Orange Middle School.
In the summer the school offers a highly praised children’s camp, the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
Kinderenrichment is available to children entering the South Orange/ Maplewood School District’s kindergarten classes each fall. The program matches the school trimester dates and is intended to supplement the district’s half-day kindergarten.
There are 2 train stations servicing South Orange.
The South Orange train station, situated on South Orange Ave, is about a 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. The Midtown Direct Line of NJ Transit takes commuters straight into New York Penn Station, Newark and Hoboken. A quick change onto the PATH Rapid Transit System at Newark or Hoboken transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center.
Trains from Mountain Station in the Montrose section of South Orange reach Newark Broad Street in under 15 minutes.
The popular jitney commuter bus runs a shuttle service between South Orange station and Montrose/Tuxedo Park, Newstead/North Wyoming and Irvington/Prospect/Academy. Applications for the jitney and parking permits can be picked up at the Village Hall on South Orange Avenue or downloaded.
By car, Routes 24 and 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within 5-10 minutes. Route 124- Springfield Avenue – runs though Maplewood. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
(Approx. 5 year waiting list) Village-NJ Transit $70/mo Village-Commuter lot (resident only) $35/mo Mountain Station $40/mo