15 Garfield Ave, Madison, NJ 07940Madison
15 Garfield Ave, Madison, NJ 07940
- 15 Garfield Avenue
Listing for Sale! 15 Garfield Ave, Madison, NJ 07940
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Move right in to this like-new home within walking distance to town and NYC transportation! Elegant craftsmanship is evident throughout this impressive 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath center hall colonial filled with spacious rooms and spectacular custom details throughout. First level features Living Room with hardwood floors and French doors leading to light filled Family Room with grand fireplace and backyard views, formal Dining Room with doorway to gourmet Kitchen highlighted by high end stainless steel appliances, granite topped breakfast bar and adjacent Breakfast Room. Open floor plan has fabulous flow for entertaining. Luxurious Master Suite boasts spacious bedroom with tray ceiling, His & Hers custom closets and spa-like en suite bath. Charming covered porch, expansive brick paver patio on flat fenced in lot. Don’t miss this fabulous home!
Welcome to 15 Garfield Avenue, a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath center hall Colonial situated on a quiet street within walking distance to town, schools and transportation. This light filled move-in ready home boasts an open flow between rooms and exquisite custom details.
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed up the bluestone path, through the elegantly columned covered portico and into the spacious entry foyer. Step past the grand center staircase and through a broad archway to the left to enter the generously sized Living Room featuring large windows and gleaming hardwood floors. The space is just perfect for an intimate gathering with friends or a larger holiday celebration. From here, French doors lead to an equally spacious Family Room where large windows provide backyard views and a wood burning fireplace takes center stage. Your guests will appreciate relaxing in front of the flickering flames while watching a movie on a cold winter night. The room enjoys easy access to the expansive brick paver patio outside, where you’ll surely enjoy al fresco entertaining in summer months.
In the heart of the home you’ll find the superbly equipped custom Kitchen. Preparing meals is a pleasure in this warm hued space featuring high end stainless steel appliances set in custom cabinetry with attractive granite counter tops. Enjoy your gourmet creations in the adjacent casual Breakfast Room or step into the neighboring formal Dining Room to entertain family and friends. This elegant space features large windows, custom wainscoting and a striking pendant chandelier. A conveniently located Powder Room completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, the second level awaits with 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths to assure everyone’s complete comfort. A spacious gallery landing overlooks the impressive curved staircase and leads to the light filled Master Suite. The grand suite includes a spacious bedroom with a tray ceiling where you can relax in front of the fireplace as you unwind at the end of the day. You’ll be wowed by the abundance of closet space found in the suites’ spacious His & Hers walk-in closets and look forward to relaxing in the luxurious spa tub located in the en suite bath. The bath also features a marble topped vanity, a glass enclosed shower and a separate commode. Three additional bedrooms (one currently used as a spacious home office) with large windows and plenty of closet space along with a Full Hall Bath and a conveniently located Laundry Room round out the second level. And that’s not all. The home’s unfinished lower level provides numerous possibilities for use as you see fit…Recreation Room, Home Gym, Artist Studio…the choice is up to you and your imagination!
Upon viewing, you’ll undoubtedly see how much the home at 15 Garfield Avenue has to offer. Spacious rooms, easy flow and numerous custom details are sure to please. Combine that with easy access to shopping, dining, top schools and NYC transportation and you’ll appreciate why this is an ideal place to call home!
Floor by Floor Details of 15 Garfield Avenue, Madison
- Entry Foyer with door with glass pane accents and sidelights with shades, crown molding, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, coat closet; access to center staircase and garage, archways with detailed moldings to Living Room and Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, 2 large windows with window treatments, chandelier, built-in ceiling speakers; swinging door to Kitchen
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, windows on 2 sides with window treatments, French doors to Family Room
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry with glass fronted accents, granite counter tops, center island with granite topped breakfast bar with storage below, built-in ceiling speakers, stainless steel appliances including Viking Professional electric wall oven/microwave combo, Viking warming drawer, Bosch dishwasher, Viking 6-burner gas cooktop, GE Monogram refrigerator/freezer, stainless steel sink with disposal and window above, open to Breakfast Room with recessed lighting, hardwood floors and French door to deck and brick paver patio; archway to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers, wood burning fireplace with carved wood mantel, granite surround and hearth, large picture window with window treatments, 2 additional windows; French doors to Living Room
- Powder Room with marble tile floor, porcelain pedestal sink with mirror and light fixture above, ceiling fixture
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, large linen closet with shelves, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, tray ceiling with recessed lights and ceiling fan, crown molding, fireplace with mantel and stone surround, 3 windows with window treatments, His & Hers walk-in closets with custom shelving, hardwood floors and light fixtures, Sony Bravia wall mounted TV, pocket door to en suite bath featuring tile floor, custom vanities with granite countertop, 2 mirrored medicine chest, 2 light fixtures, built-in ceiling speakers, Kohler jetted tub set in tiled surround with window and recessed light above, tiled walk-in shower with glass door and built-in corner shelves, separate commode with window
- Bedroom #3 (currently used as an office) with hardwood floors, dormer ceiling, large windows with shades, 2 deep closets, French doors to Juliet balcony
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, crown molding, full wall of closets with double doors, light fixture, large windows with shades
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown molding, 4 windows with shades, full wall of closets with custom built-in shelving
- Laundry Room with Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer, built-in shelf, utility sink with granite top and storage cabinet below, tile floor, light fixture
- Hall Bath with tile floor, 2-sink vanity with storage cabinets below and mirrored medicine chests above, ceiling fixture, separate commode with shower over tub, light fixture and ½ tiled wall with wainscoting detail
- Unfinished space plumbed for full bath with walk out entrance to rear
- Extensive storage space
- Access to utilities including 2-zone forced air heat and central air conditioning, oversized hot water heater, 2 sump pumps and French drains, Aprilaire humidifier
- Fully landscaped property including expansive brick paver patio with stone retaining walls and built-in Bose speakers, flat lawns with underground sprinkler in front and back of home, iron fence surrounding backyard
- Bose stereo system with built in speakers throughout
- Security System and interior and exterior timed lighting
- All Hunter Douglas window shades
- 2-car garage with electric doors
Visit The Community
The Madison Public Schools system is rightly praised for the great all-round education it offers. The district is committed to delivering a curriculum that challenges the brightest students while supporting those with different learning needs and styles.
For elementary pupils there are three neighborhood schools: Kings Road, Central Avenue, and Torey J. Sabatini. Pupils come together at Madison Junior School for grades 7-8, and high school students attend Madison High School.
Madison High School was recently praised by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for providing “a rich, broad and diverse educational program” for its students. It offers four world languages (Spanish, French, German, & Italian) and 16 Advanced Placement courses, including calculus, computer science, and environmental health. In addition to the rich academic environment, the school is proud of the many character and service opportunities for students. There are dozens of clubs and 23 interscholastic sports. Madison High School features 45 athletic teams in 18 sports and they have clinched an array of conference, county and state titles. Every year its music students are chosen for regional and state select performing groups. Madison High School recently completed a construction project providing additional facilities and space for both curricular and extra-curricular programs.
Additional construction work at Madison Junior School made room for transitioning the sixth grade out of the elementary schools and into the Junior School.
Madison is home to two universities: at Drew University there are around 2,500 students based at the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies in the 186-acre wooded campus. The classically collegiate Madison-Florham Park Campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University is nationally and internationally renowned for its research, academic leadership and innovative curricula. It is home to more than 2,400 undergraduates and over 1,100 students.
An amazing advantage of living in a place so steeped in academia is the opportunity extended to local people by the universities. Sample the Drew University Minicourses at Madison public library or hear a world-class public lectures from speakers such as Bill Clinton, Gerald Ford, Henry Kissinger, Al Gore, Rudy Gullianni, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Colin Powell.
Fairleigh Dickinson’s Community program includes the Institute for Lifelong Learning, which aims to enrich the lives of senior citizens through cultural, educational and social activities. For a small fee, members may join undergraduate or graduate courses – and there are day trips, art classes, line dancing and aerobics, as well as a repertory company which entertains in area nursing homes and hospitals.
The popular Adult School of Chatham, Madison, and Florham Park offers a fabulous selection of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses in business and legal issues.
There’s plenty to keep the kids stimulated and happy outside of school in Madison, from the Summer Institute for the Gifted at Drew University and the academic and computer classes at Imagine Tomorrow, to the Language Workshop for Children. More great activities are at Oasis Summer Day Camp and the Madison YMCA.
From Madison Station in the center of town, commuters can take NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct service, reaching New York Penn Station in around 50 minutes. Madison is on the Morristown branch of the Morris and Essex Line, with trains for the Hoboken terminal and connections to lower New York City.
There’s parking in nearby lots. Parking permits for commuters and residents are administered by Madison Police Department; the application form can be downloaded from the website. Bike racks are also available at the station.
For just $1 a trip the Last MileShuttle/Madison runs between Madison Railroad Station and East Hanover, stopping at several work locations in the area, including Novartis and Kraft Foods. The Morris County Metro bus travels between Madison, Livingston and Greystone Park, stopping at Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Chatham, Morristown and Morris Plains en route.
By car, Routes 24 and 287, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 25 minute drive away. Madison is also just ten minutes by car to Morristown Municipal Airport
Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry, the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.