Stunning 5 Bedroom Better than New Colonial with designer touches in every corner!Chatham
17 Robin Hood Ln, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 17 Robin Hood Ln
Listing for Sale! 17 Robin Hood Ln, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Elegance, sophistication and remarkable architectural details abound in this Like New move-in ready 5 bedroom, 5 ½ Bath home in the heart of Chatham close to Blue Ribbon schools, downtown Chatham restaurants and shopping and NYC transportation. Open floor plan and seamless living between the indoors and outdoors make this home exceptional. 1st level features 2-story Entry Foyer, custom millwork, gleaming hardwood floors throughout, formal Dining Room with coffered ceiling, Living Room and Family Room with exquisite moldings and tray ceilings, and Chef’s Dream Kitchen. Breakfast Room with abundant sunlight and beautiful access and view of lush outdoor entertaining space. 2nd level features hardwood floors throughout, spacious Master Bedroom with spa-like en suite bath, 3 additional bedrooms (with generous Jack and Jill and Hallway Baths). 17 Robin Hood Lane truly is a picture-perfect example of the finest in design and function.
Drive up the curved, tree-lined street to view this stunning Like New 5 Bedroom, 5 and ½ Bathroom Custom Colonial, a vision of perfect proportion and detail. Stroll up the paver front walkway to the stunning front entrance graced by a stone exterior, mahogany front porch and a stately front door. Enter the spacious 2-story Entry Foyer and prepare to be overwhelmed by the sheer elegance of this home. With gleaming hardwood floors, 9-foot ceilings, custom moldings and an open floorplan, the First Level is the consummate example of high design and function.
The Entry Foyer includes dual Coat Closets and gorgeous views of the Living Room, Dining Room and elegant staircase. Beauty abounds in the gracious Living Room featuring a tray ceiling, custom moldings and an exquisite pendant light fixture with drum shade. Flow easily through the large archway into the impressive Family Room featuring a gas-burning fireplace with beautiful millwork, tray ceiling and a gorgeous picture window with a view of the lush backyard. Dinner parties are a dream in the magnificent Dining Room featuring a coffered ceiling, wainscoting and a stunning chandelier. The Dining Room connects easily to the impressive Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen that will satisfy any cook’s desire. Creamy white custom wood cabinetry with gorgeous custom island with seating for 5, Bar Area with custom cabinetry and Marvel wine refrigerator, granite countertops, top of the line appliances make the Kitchen extraordinary. Storage abounds in the Walk-In Pantry ensuring that not a thing will be out of place. Take in the backyard view in the Breakfast Area with an oversized French sliding door leading out to the substantial Bluestone Patio, perfect for al fresco dining or just spending time with friends. Rounding out the 1st Floor are a Powder Room, Office/Bedroom with a Full Bath, a Mudroom with custom cubbies, a large Laundry Room and a 3-car Garage complete with custom storage to eliminate any clutter.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the stately staircase, beaming with natural light, leads you to the second floor with 4 spacious bedrooms and 3 full baths. Luxury abounds in the enormous Master Bedroom drenched in sunlight and with plenty of nooks for cuddling up with a book. The Master Suite is functionally designed with a generous His and Her Walk-In Closet (plus an additional large closet) and a spa-like Master Bathroom complete with marble tiling, frameless glass shower door and soaking tub. 3 additional large-sized bedrooms are steeped in sunlight and include generous closets. Two additional Full Baths (1 in the Hallway and 1 Jack and Jill) are luxurious and well appointed with custom cabinetry and granite countertops.
And there’s more…The Lower Level, with its massive Recreation Room, Children’s Arts and Crafts Room and Renovated Full Bathroom, is an entertainer’s paradise. Whether it’s movie watching, card games or children’s art projects, the Lower Level provides wonderful functional space.
17 Robin Hood Lane is a dream home in every way. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, luxury shopping and downtown Chatham, this home cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 17 Robin Hood Lane, Chatham
- Outside Entry featuring stone façade, mahogany front porch, craftsman style mahogany front door with side lights, lantern
- 2-Story Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, oil rubbed bronze chandelier, Coat Closets flanking front door, decorative ledge over front door and arched window
Staircase featuring iron railings
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, tray ceiling, crown and baseboard molding, pendant light fixture with decorative drum shade, plantation shutters and custom curtains, grass cloth wall paper, wall to wall archway into Family Room
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, coffered ceiling, crown molding, rectangular shaped fringe glass chandelier, grass cloth wallpaper, plantation shutters
- Powder Room featuring marble flooring, pedestal sink, oval tilting mirror, 2 light sconce over mirror, wallpaper
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, pendant lighting with drum shades over island, creamy ivory custom cabinetry, granite countertops, farm sink, dark wood island with seating for 5, Sub Zero Refrigerator, Thermador Range with 6 burners and griddle, Dishwasher, Sharp Microwave Drawer, tile backsplash
- Bar Area featuring Marvel Wine Refrigerator, stainless steel bar sink with gooseneck fixture, custom cabinetry with glass door cabinets above
- Walk-in Pantry with custom floor to ceiling shelving with electrical outlets at shelf level
- Breakfast Area featuring hardwood floors, sliding French doors out to Bluestone Patio, chandelier
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, tray ceiling, crown molding, gas fireplace with custom millwork, stone surround and log set, large picture window, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lighting, custom curtain panels
- Office/Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan, crown and baseboard molding, closet with double sliding doors
- Full Bathroom featuring tile flooring, tub/shower combination with marble tile surround, wood vanity with storage and gooseneck fixture, granite countertop, framed mirror, 3 sconce light above mirror, wallpaper
- Laundry Room featuring built in cabinetry with sink, granite countertops, Maxima Steam XL front loader washer and dryer, storage closet, tiled flooring, flush mount light fixture
- Mud Room featuring built-in cubbies with bead board and hooks, recessed lighting, door to Garage
- Rear staircase to 2nd Floor with wainscoting, iron railings and wood risers
- Heated 3 Car Garage featuring carriage style electric doors, custom garage storage and shelving
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving, doorway to unfinished attic
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring tray ceiling, hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, recessed lighting, plantation shutters, closet with double doors and custom adjustable shelving, Enormous Walk In Closet with His and Her custom adjustable shelving and drawers
- Ensuite Master Bathroom featuring shower with frameless glass shower door with decorative tile and shower seat, waterfall shower head and handheld shower, basket weave floor tile in shower, soaking tub with tile surround, custom double vanity, gooseneck fixtures, granite countertops, marble tile flooring, chandelier, two 3 light sconces over each sink, recessed lighting, separate room for toilet
- Bedroom #2 (flexibly being used as Office) featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan, crown and baseboard molding, plantation shutters, double closet
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, double closet with custom adjustable shelving and drawers, ceiling fan, recessed lighting (shares Jack and Jill Full Bathroom)
- Bedroom #4 featuring chair rail, hardwood floors, crown and baseboard molding, double closet with custom adjustable shelving and drawers, ceiling fan, recessed lighting (shares Jack and Jill Full Bathroom)
- Jack and Jill Full Bathroom featuring custom wood vanity with 2 sinks, granite countertops, 2 light sconces over each mirror, gooseneck fixtures, tile flooring, separate room for toilet and shower, shower with glass doors and tile surround, chandelier
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring tiled flooring, custom wood vanity with granite countertops, mirror, 4 light sconce above mirror, flush mount light fixture, tub/shower combination with tile surround
- Recreation Room with carpeting, baseboard molding, recessed lighting
- Bonus Room with vinyl wood-look flooring, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Renovated Full Bathroom featuring wood-look tile, shower with subway tile surround and glass sliding doors, wood vanity with granite countertops, brushed nickel fixtures, 3 light sconce
- Storage Closet
- Utility Room for Water Heater/Furnace
- Bluestone steps from Breakfast Room
- Large Bluestone Patio
- Wiring for outdoor Sonos speakers
- Manicured Landscaping
- Storage Shed
- Wiring for Sonos System
- Family Room wired for surround sound
- 2 Zone Rheem HVAC with programmable thermostats
- 75 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- Wireless Security System (with hard wiring)
- Cement Board Siding and Azek Exterior Trim
- Irrigation System
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.