New! Turn Key South Orange ColonialSouth Orange
178 Great Hills Drive South Orange, NJ 07079 – SOLD!
- 178 Great Hills Drive
- South Orange
- 3full 2 half
MLS#2938854 Spacious 4 bedroom 3 full 2 half bath Center Hall Colonial in desirable Newstead section, nothing to do but unpack. This move in ready gem features an open floorplan where rooms flow effortlessly into one another. All renovations have been done including, updated kitchen with circular island, renovated bathrooms, refinished hardwood floors, fresh paint, finished basement and so much more! Centrally located near Schools, block to Jitney stop to NYC direct trains, shops, and recreation.
The First level
- Entry foyer with tile flooring
- Formal Living Room with recessed lighting, dark wood floors, crown molding, picture window, fireplace with marble hearth, floor to ceiling windows with banquette sitting looking over rear patio and rear yard.
- Den/Study- laminate wood floor, with lots of windows ushering in natural sunlight
- Formal Dining Room- Parquet wood floor, crown molding, French sliding doors to patio.
- Modern open kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, center island with breakfast bar and pendant accent lighting, stone tile back splash, gas range, double wall oven, walk-in pantry.
- Family Room opens to the kitchen, built in shelving.
- Master Bedroom-crown molding, carpet, recessed lighting, large walk-in closet- separate office/sitting room with built-in shelving.
- Master Bathroom-walk-in shower, double vanity sink, tile floor.
- Hall Bath- tile floor, shower over tub
- Bedroom 2-carpet, large closet
- Bedroom 3-carpet, walk-in closet
- Bedroom 4- large closet
- Hall Bath- tile floor, subway tile back splash, shower over tub
- Recreation room with carpet plenty of closet space
- Powder Room
- Laundry Room
- Garage- two car built under
- Slate patio accessed through french doors in the formal dining room
- large backyard with mature landscaping and plenty of room for outdoor play
- Slate walkway
Visit The Community
The Maplewood – South Orange School District, serving Maplewood and South Orange, is comprised of six elementary schools. Clinton, Jefferson, Seth Boyden, and Tuscan are in Maplewood, and Jefferson/Marshall and South Mountain (which also includes students from Maplewood residing near the school) are in South Orange. There are two Middle Schools – South Orange and Maplewood Middle – while the acclaimed Columbia High School serves both Maplewood and South Orange communities.
Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey, and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. Students can choose from a wide range of elective courses, including 24 AP classes, and every year Columbia High School sends alumni to top universities like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Yale. The extracurricular activities range from Future Business Leaders of America, a mock trial team, and an award-winning student newspaper and literary magazine to the chess club, championship athletics and music and drama. Hip-hop singer/songwriter Lauryn Hill is a former student here, but Columbia High School’s greatest claim to fame must surely be as the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee, invented by students on the school grounds in 1968.
Maplewood Middle School puts a strong emphasis on academic excellence and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. This philosophy obviously pays off, as around one third of 7th graders are identified by the Johns Hopkins Talent Search and invited to take the SATs, usually taken by high school juniors.
The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School, founded in 1933, is the oldest adult school in NJ and open to everyone from age 14 to 114. The inspiring program stimulates the mind, body and senses with high-quality classes covering everything from art and childcare to business studies and computer technology. Most classes are at Columbia High School or South Orange Middle School.
In the summer the school offers a highly praised children’s camp, the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
Kinderenrichment is available to children entering the South Orange/ Maplewood School District’s kindergarten classes each fall. The program matches the school trimester dates and is intended to supplement the district’s half-day kindergarten.
There are 2 train stations servicing South Orange.
The South Orange train station, situated on South Orange Ave, is about a 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. The Midtown Direct Line of NJ Transit takes commuters straight into New York Penn Station, Newark and Hoboken. A quick change onto the PATH Rapid Transit System at Newark or Hoboken transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center.
Trains from Mountain Station in the Montrose section of South Orange reach Newark Broad Street in under 15 minutes.
The popular jitney commuter bus runs a shuttle service between South Orange station and Montrose/Tuxedo Park, Newstead/North Wyoming and Irvington/Prospect/Academy. Applications for the jitney and parking permits can be picked up at the Village Hall on South Orange Avenue or downloaded.
By car, Routes 24 and 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within 5-10 minutes. Route 124- Springfield Avenue – runs though Maplewood. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
(Approx. 5 year waiting list) Village-NJ Transit $70/mo Village-Commuter lot (resident only) $35/mo Mountain Station $40/mo