20 Beacon Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
- 6 full, 3 half
- $8,970 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Spectacular renovated turn of the century 8-bedroom estate home with separate 3-bedroom carriage house set back in tranquil 1.5-acre park like setting in the heart of sought-after Northside Summit. Original woodwork and architectural details mesh seamlessly with modern luxury amenities. Living Room with beamed ceiling, Dining Room has original wainscoting and access to expansive fully renovated Kitchen with 2 islands, Family Room with custom built-ins and fireplace. Master Suite with Juliet balcony, walk-in closets and en suite bath, 3 additional bedrooms, home office and 2 baths on second level, 3rd level has 4 more bedrooms and a renovated bath. Lower level recreation room and wine cellar. Separate Carriage House with 3 car garage, Home Gym and 2nd floor 3-bedroom in-law suite/apartment. This home is a testament of timeless beauty renovated to sheer perfection!
Welcome to 20 Beacon Road, a spectacular renovated turn of the century estate with separate carriage home, set back in magnificent tranquil 1.5-acre park like setting in the heart Northside Summit. With original period details evident at every turn, recent thoughtful renovations have only enhanced the character of this truly one of a kind residence.
Once you enter the winding driveway off of the exquisite tree-lined street, you will instantly feel how special this home is. Enter onto the charming covered porch and welcoming vestibule with front-to back views into the grand center hallway and experience the grandeur, yet warmth of this ageless beauty. The soaring ceilings, original hardwood floors and woodwork details will give you your first taste of what the home has to offer. Proceed through a broad archway into the formal Living Room where the original hardwood floors gleam from light streaming in through large windows and two sets of French doors, and the original exposed ceiling beams really make a statement. It’s a fabulous place to gather as groups large and small enjoy the warmth emanating from the grand wood-burning fireplace – a truly impressive focal point of the room. Step back through the center hallway to enter the formal Dining Room handsomely accented by intricate dentil moldings and raised panel wainscoting with attractive upholstered insets. Enjoy a gourmet meal here while soothing music emanates from the built-in sound system and the large windows provide stunning views of the greenery outside. A swinging door leads you into the chef’s Kitchen where top of the line appliances are seamlessly integrated into custom furniture grade cabinetry accented by fine granite countertops and an attractive tile backsplash. Enjoy the convenience of the built-in wine refrigerator, 2 separate granite topped islands with a spacious breakfast bar and the adjacent light filled Breakfast Room. Just imagine the gourmet creations you’ll prepare here! Step through one of two doorways into the inviting Family Room where you can relax in front of a large stone fireplace as you watch the TV that takes center stage in the custom built-in entertainment center. Or if you prefer, settle in for your favorite card game at a table set beside an attractive rounded bay of windows. This spacious room will surely see hours of enjoyable family time. A conveniently located and fully equipped Laundry Room, a Mud Room outfitted with storage cubbies and shelving and 2 separate Powder Rooms complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, you’ll stroll up the grand staircase to the second level (also reached via a rear staircase just off the Kitchen) where unlimited charm exudes throughout the sleeping quarters. The spacious Master Suite is drenched in light from large windows on three sides and is home to an open sitting area, 2 large walk-in closets and a luxurious en suite bath boasting a rich looking vanity with custom cherry cabinetry and an elegantly tiled glass enclosed shower. Three additional bedrooms and two updated hall baths on the second level assure convenience, privacy and comfort for all family members while a sunlit home office makes it easy to complete daily paperwork or a work project in an inviting setting. Continue on up to the third level where your guests will find four more bedrooms and another full bath…there’s no question this home provides all the additional living area your family and guests could need.
And there’s more…A finished lower level is home to a sprawling layout complete with Recreation Room, Game Room and a temperature controlled Wine Cellar found in a tiled Tasting Room to enjoy wine with friends and family alike – all are sure to enjoy numerous hours of entertainment in this welcoming environment. For outdoor entertainment, the expansive backyard setting is perfect for dining al fresco on the bluestone patio, pick-up games as neighborhood friends gather on the expansive flat lawn, tending your flowering perennial garden and so much more.
A short walk across the driveway brings you to the charming Carriage House with numerous original period details. The first level is home to a spacious 3 car garage, storage room, Potting Room and an expansive space that’s currently outfitted as a Home Gym. Set in what used to be the home’s horse stable, the room is highlighted by original brick walls, a fully windowed wall and raised ceiling that create an incredibly stylish setting for daily workouts – but could easily be altered for use as you see fit. But that’s not all…On the second level you’ll find a quaint 3- bedroom, 2 bath guest apartment featuring a full Kitchen, Dining Room and an inviting Sun Room…another fabulous option for your out of town visitors!
This stately property is a must see! With its classic turn of the century style, luxury modern amenities, abundance of space, park-like grounds and close proximity to world-class shopping, fine restaurants and easy access to Summit Train station, direct to NYC, 20 Beacon Road is truly a one-of-a-kind estate.
Floor by Floor Detail of 20 Beacon Road, Summit, NJ
- Foyer with front to back views, hardwood floors, deep crown and base moldings, glass paned front door with windows on either side, 2 coat closets with glass pane accented doors, shelving and auto-on lights; mahogany pocket door, broad archway to Center Hallway leading to Living Room, Dining Room, center staircase and rear vestibule with backyard access
- Rear Vestibule with glass paned door to backyard, storage closet and access to Powder Room
- Powder Room with tile floor, subway tile ½ wall, pedestal sink with mirror above, glass shelf, light fixture, window
- Living Room with broad entryway with detailed molding and mahogany pocket door, hardwood floors, deep crown and base moldings, original beamed ceiling, bay of windows with window treatments, 2 sets of French doors with window treatments opening to rear brick patio, additional large window facing backyard, large decorative fireplace with carved mahogany mantel, and stone tile surround and hearth
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, raised panel wainscoting, dentil molding, bay window, mahogany pocket door, built-in display and storage unit, iron chandelier, wall mounted speakers; swinging door to Kitchen, broad archway to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, ceiling fan, built-in desk with storage cabinets, shelves and under-cabinet lighting, built-in entertainment unit with shelving, storage and opening for TV, built-in ceiling speakers, fireplace with wood mantel, stone surround and 2 spotlights above, rounded bay of windows with bamboo shades, 2 additional windows with bamboo shades; French doors leading to porch, 2 archways leading to Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring custom Canterbury furniture grade cabinetry with intricate carved wood detailing and leaded glass accent panels, granite counter tops, limestone tile backsplash with decorative accents, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, top-of-the-line appliances including Garland stainless steel 6-burner range with griddle, Rangercraft exhaust with decorative cabinetry hood above, Dacor stainless steel double wall oven with convection, Dacor warming drawer, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, 2 Miele dishwashers with integrated cabinetry panels, 2 center islands with granite counters (one with rounded Breakfast Bar, stainless steel sink with disposal in one island, Franke prep sink, built-in wine refrigerator with integrated cabinetry panel, built-in desk with granite top, built-in “garages” for TV and toaster oven, large pendant light, built-in ceiling speakers; open to Breakfast Room and rear hallway
- Breakfast Area with hardwood floors, large bay of windows with bamboo shades, French door leading to backyard; doorway to Mud Room/Laundry Room/Powder Room and door to driveway
- Laundry Room with Whirlpool Duet front loading washer and dryer, tile floor, custom cabinetry with granite folding surface and utility sink, recessed lighting, broom closet, 2 windows with wood blinds, built-in ceiling speaker
- Mud Room with tile floor, built-in cubbies and shelves, recessed lighting, door to backyard
- Powder Room with tile floor, vanity with marble top, framed mirror and light fixture above, storage below, window with wood blinds, light fixture
- Rear Hallway with walk-in closet with shelving, access to second and lower levels and Powder Room
- Gallery Landing with carpet runner over hardwood floors, walk-in closet with shelving, doorway to rear staircase with stained glass accents, additional linen closet
- Master Bedroom suite with hardwood floors, crown molding, 2 ceiling fixtures, built-in ceiling speakers, built-in mahogany cabinets with display shelving, 8 windows (3 exposures) with wood blinds and window treatments, French door to Juliet balcony overlooking backyard, doorway to dressing area with His & Hers walk-in closet with custom shelving and drawers, door to en suite bath featuring large vanity with furniture grade vanity cabinets and marble top with framed mirror above, tiled walls with decorative accents, ceramic tile floor, large glass enclosed shower with built-in bench, niche for shampoo, hand held and stationary shower heads, large picture window with wood blinds, 2 additional windows above vanity, crown molding, light fixture
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, fireplace with painted brick surround and carved wood mantel, bay of windows with wood blinds, double door closet with shelving
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown molding, ceiling fixture, 2 windows with wood blinds, double door closet with shelving
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, bay of windows with wood blinds, crown molding, ceiling fixture, large walk-in closet with shelving and mirrored door (potential to close pocket door and create private Junior Suite with Office and Full Bathroom)
- Office with hardwood floors, bay of windows plus additional window with wood blinds, ceiling fixture, crown molding
- Hall Bath #1 with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian top, mirror and light fixture above, storage below, ½ tile wall with decorative border, shower over tub with tiled walls, built-in medicine cabinet
- Hall Bath #2 with tile floor, bath tub, stall shower with tiled walls and 2 shower heads, vanity with Corian top, framed mirror, light fixture and medicine chest above, storage below, ceiling fixture
- Gallery landing with 3 walk-in storage closets
- Bedroom #8 with carpet, angled ceiling, dormer window plus 2 additional windows with blinds, light fixture and storage closet
- Bedroom #6 with dormer ceiling, hardwood floors, window with blinds, crown molding, large closet, light fixture
- Bedroom #7 with dormer ceiling, hardwood floors, window with blinds, large closet
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, dormer ceiling, large closet with mirrored door, carved wood mantel, 4 windows with blinds
- Hall Bath #3 with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian top, light fixture and framed mirror above, storage below, ceiling fixture, alcove with window and display ledge
- Recreation/Game Room with carpet, recessed lighting, decorative columns
- Gathering Room with carpet, recessed lighting, decorative fireplace with brick surround and wood mantel, 4 grade level windows, walk-in storage closet
- Unfinished Utility Room
- Tasting Room/Bonus Room with tile floor and access to temperature controlled wine cellar with glass door entry, recessed lighting
- Powder Room with wall mount sink, tile floor, light fixture, framed mirror
- 3-car garage with electric doors, and storage area with shelves
- Potting/Storage Room
- Exercise Room with carpet, exposed brick walls, angled bead board ceiling, full windowed wall, large wall-mounted mirrors, heating unit, bracket for wall mount TV, exterior door and access to second level apartment
- Carriage House Apartment with Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room, Office, 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths
Additional Features/ Upgrades
- Historic home originally built in 1901
- Professionally landscaped property set on 1.5 acres with featuring bluestone patio and walkway to driveway, large brick rear patio, large flat lawn, underground sprinkler system (front and back), perennial garden
- 3-zone forced air heat/AC
- Security system with break glass sensors
- Full Kitchen renovation completed 2001
- Master Bedroom Suite renovation completed 2001
- Lower level renovation completed 2001
- Dent proof garage doors
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 6 | 3
- 6 | 3
- 7 | 1
- 7 | 2
- 6 | 3
- 5 | 2
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Don't be fooled by the MLS calling Summit "Summit City." It is NOT a city. Summit is known for having one of the best upscale town centers in the area. Living within walking distance of this town is AMAZING! The energetic town of Summit, NJ is surrounded by incredible real estate: absolutely exquisite estate homes, charming family homes and convenient, cozy town homes and condominiums. Check out burbio for all Summit events, schools, and other helpful info! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Summit School Information
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Summit Commuting Info
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.
Summit BLOG POSTS
Ahrre’s Coffee Roastery Serves Up Fresh Roast and Fresh Brew in Summit!READ MORE
Listing Success Beyond the Spring SeasonREAD MORE
“In The Know” Summer Editions are Here!READ MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC