226 Shunpike Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 1 full, 1 half
- $2,333 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Meticulously maintained 3 Bedroom, 1 Full and 1 Half Bath Colonial with expansive living space and gracious floor plan, located in the heart of Chatham close to Blue Ribbon schools, downtown Chatham restaurants and shopping and NYC transportation. Nestled among mature trees with charming picket fence, this delightful home boasts 2 bathrooms renovated to perfection, large and elegant Living Room with stately fireplace, formal Dining Room, Sun Room, bright and spacious Kitchen, roomy and sun-drenched bedrooms and fresh neutral paint throughout. Lower Level with finished Recreation Room. Serene, and private backyard with Brick Patio and blooming perennials. Truly exceptional value with top-rated schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct Train and all Chatham has to offer.
Drive up to 226 Shunpike and you will instantly see that this is not your ordinary center hall Colonial. A charming picket fence, flat, lush property, classic board and batten shutters and a meandering brick walkway all contribute to this home’s exceptional curb appeal. This pristine and stately 3 Bedroom, 1 Full and 1 Half Bath home, in the heart of the Chatham, simply cannot be missed!
Enter though the classic original wood door into the warm and welcoming Entry Foyer complete with hardwood floors, Coat Closet and an elegant staircase leading to the second level. The spacious and bright Living Room is an entertainer’s dream with its exceptional statement fireplace with brick surround and custom millwork mantel. Flow easily through the French door to the stunning Sun Room, ripe for rocking chairs and lemonade, and featuring floor to ceiling windows at 3 exposures, stone floor and delightful bead board ceiling. A Brick Patio, with outstanding views of the blooming forsythia, is easily accessed from the Sun Room making indoor and outdoor entertaining seamless. Dinner parties are divine in the Formal Dining Room complete with wainscoting and charming corner cabinet with plenty of room to display all your family heirlooms. Cooking is ideal in the bright and airy Kitchen complete with crisp white cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and butcher-block countertops. A tastefully renovated Powder Room rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stairway to the roomy 2nd floor landing complete with a Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving. Enjoy privacy, hardwood floors and dual closets (1 walk-in) in the serene Master Bedroom. Two additional cheerful bedrooms with hardwood floors can also be found on this level. The real showstopper of this home is the amazing renovated Full Bath featuring marble tile, claw foot tub, custom vanity with marble countertop and luxurious oversized shower with subway tile and rain showerhead. Chic apothecary recessed glass shelves add to the bath’s appeal.
And that’s not all! The Lower Level provides plenty of additional living space with a sizable, carpeted Recreation Room/Children’s Playroom perfect for movie watching or arts and crafts. A large Storage/Laundry Room offers even more storage space.
The true jewel of 226 Shunpike is the scenic, park-like property featuring immense privacy, flowering perennials and a Brick Patio perfect for roasting marshmallows with family and friends. A stand alone children’s playhouse will make for hours of imaginary play.
With its prestigious neighborhood, close proximity to Midtown Direct train and New York City, top notch schools and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 226 Shunpike is a fantastic value and cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 226 Shunpike, Chatham
- Country style door
- Entry Way featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, Coat Closet
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, fireplace with elegant millwork mantle and brick surround, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, French door out to Sun Room, curtain panels
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, original corner cabinet for china storage, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, chandelier, curtain panels
- Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, tile wainscoting, crisp white wood cabinetry, butcher block breakfast bar for 2, flush mount light fixture, recessed lighting, gooseneck fixture, Formica countertop, butcher block countertop, side door to exterior, stainless steel LG refrigerator, stainless steel LG dishwasher, stainless steel GE Monogram oven/range, stainless steel built-in GE microwave, open display shelving over sink and breakfast bar, wood blinds
- Back hallway featuring stairway to Lower Level, floor to ceiling open shelving
- Renovated Powder Room featuring hardwood flooring, pedestal sink, wood blind, flush mount light fixture with fan, wood framed mirror, crown molding, baseboard molding, glass shelf
- Sun Room featuring bluestone flooring, windows at 3 exposures, beadboard ceiling, fan with light fixture, door to backyard
- Garage with newer carriage style garage door
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, dual closets (1 walk-in), 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, window shades
- Bedroom 2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, floor to ceiling board and batten millwork with picture rail at top, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, Closet, linen window shades
- Bedroom 3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, semi-pendant light fixture, Closet, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, window shades
- Renovated Hallway Full Bath featuring marble flooring, subway tile, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, nickel bathroom fixtures, shower with subway tile, marble flooring, rain showerhead, handheld shower, storage niches in shower, recessed lighting, claw foot tub, 2 display shelves with glass shelves, wood blinds, rectangular tilt mirror, 2 sconces on either side of mirror, towel shelf
- Staircase with carpeting to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, wood paneling, recessed lighting, baseboard and crown molding
- Utility and storage room
- Laundry Room featuring double utility sink and built in wire shelving
- New picket fence in front and back
- New Stockade fencing in backyard
- Flat, level yard with professional landscaping
- Brick Patio
- New Garage Door
- Updated Full Bath
- Updated Electrical
- Central A/C
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Today We Closed Our 100th Home for 2017 and Now We Get to Give Away $20,000!READ MORE
Local Fourth of July Celebrations Bring Fireworks, Flag Ceremonies, and Even Camel Rides!READ MORE
100th Home Sale Charity Program – We’re Almost There!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC