226 Shunpike Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 1 full, 1 half
- $2,333 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Meticulously maintained 3 Bedroom, 1 Full and 1 Half Bath Colonial with expansive living space and gracious floor plan, located in the heart of Chatham close to Blue Ribbon schools, downtown Chatham restaurants and shopping and NYC transportation. Nestled among mature trees with charming picket fence, this delightful home boasts 2 bathrooms renovated to perfection, large and elegant Living Room with stately fireplace, formal Dining Room, Sun Room, bright and spacious Kitchen, roomy and sun-drenched bedrooms and fresh neutral paint throughout. Lower Level with finished Recreation Room. Serene, and private backyard with Brick Patio and blooming perennials. Truly exceptional value with top-rated schools, proximity to New York City, Midtown Direct Train and all Chatham has to offer.
Drive up to 226 Shunpike and you will instantly see that this is not your ordinary center hall Colonial. A charming picket fence, flat, lush property, classic board and batten shutters and a meandering brick walkway all contribute to this home’s exceptional curb appeal. This pristine and stately 3 Bedroom, 1 Full and 1 Half Bath home, in the heart of the Chatham, simply cannot be missed!
Enter though the classic original wood door into the warm and welcoming Entry Foyer complete with hardwood floors, Coat Closet and an elegant staircase leading to the second level. The spacious and bright Living Room is an entertainer’s dream with its exceptional statement fireplace with brick surround and custom millwork mantel. Flow easily through the French door to the stunning Sun Room, ripe for rocking chairs and lemonade, and featuring floor to ceiling windows at 3 exposures, stone floor and delightful bead board ceiling. A Brick Patio, with outstanding views of the blooming forsythia, is easily accessed from the Sun Room making indoor and outdoor entertaining seamless. Dinner parties are divine in the Formal Dining Room complete with wainscoting and charming corner cabinet with plenty of room to display all your family heirlooms. Cooking is ideal in the bright and airy Kitchen complete with crisp white cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and butcher-block countertops. A tastefully renovated Powder Room rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stairway to the roomy 2nd floor landing complete with a Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving. Enjoy privacy, hardwood floors and dual closets (1 walk-in) in the serene Master Bedroom. Two additional cheerful bedrooms with hardwood floors can also be found on this level. The real showstopper of this home is the amazing renovated Full Bath featuring marble tile, claw foot tub, custom vanity with marble countertop and luxurious oversized shower with subway tile and rain showerhead. Chic apothecary recessed glass shelves add to the bath’s appeal.
And that’s not all! The Lower Level provides plenty of additional living space with a sizable, carpeted Recreation Room/Children’s Playroom perfect for movie watching or arts and crafts. A large Storage/Laundry Room offers even more storage space.
The true jewel of 226 Shunpike is the scenic, park-like property featuring immense privacy, flowering perennials and a Brick Patio perfect for roasting marshmallows with family and friends. A stand alone children’s playhouse will make for hours of imaginary play.
With its prestigious neighborhood, close proximity to Midtown Direct train and New York City, top notch schools and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 226 Shunpike is a fantastic value and cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 226 Shunpike, Chatham
- Country style door
- Entry Way featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, Coat Closet
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, fireplace with elegant millwork mantle and brick surround, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, French door out to Sun Room, curtain panels
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, original corner cabinet for china storage, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, chandelier, curtain panels
- Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, tile wainscoting, crisp white wood cabinetry, butcher block breakfast bar for 2, flush mount light fixture, recessed lighting, gooseneck fixture, Formica countertop, butcher block countertop, side door to exterior, stainless steel LG refrigerator, stainless steel LG dishwasher, stainless steel GE Monogram oven/range, stainless steel built-in GE microwave, open display shelving over sink and breakfast bar, wood blinds
- Back hallway featuring stairway to Lower Level, floor to ceiling open shelving
- Renovated Powder Room featuring hardwood flooring, pedestal sink, wood blind, flush mount light fixture with fan, wood framed mirror, crown molding, baseboard molding, glass shelf
- Sun Room featuring bluestone flooring, windows at 3 exposures, beadboard ceiling, fan with light fixture, door to backyard
- Garage with newer carriage style garage door
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture, Linen Closet with floor to ceiling shelving
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, dual closets (1 walk-in), 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, window shades
- Bedroom 2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, floor to ceiling board and batten millwork with picture rail at top, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, Closet, linen window shades
- Bedroom 3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, semi-pendant light fixture, Closet, 8 over 8 double hung windows with true divided lights, window shades
- Renovated Hallway Full Bath featuring marble flooring, subway tile, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, nickel bathroom fixtures, shower with subway tile, marble flooring, rain showerhead, handheld shower, storage niches in shower, recessed lighting, claw foot tub, 2 display shelves with glass shelves, wood blinds, rectangular tilt mirror, 2 sconces on either side of mirror, towel shelf
- Staircase with carpeting to Lower Level
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, wood paneling, recessed lighting, baseboard and crown molding
- Utility and storage room
- Laundry Room featuring double utility sink and built in wire shelving
- New picket fence in front and back
- New Stockade fencing in backyard
- Flat, level yard with professional landscaping
- Brick Patio
- New Garage Door
- Updated Full Bath
- Updated Electrical
- Central A/C
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Highgate Chatham | Exclusive Enclave of 9 Custom Homes in Chatham |The Sue Adler TeamREAD MORE
Why This Is The Market For The Move Up BuyerREAD MORE
Imagine the Grand Prize Recipient in The Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity ProgramREAD MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC