265 Ashland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
- 265 Ashland Rd
- 1.013 Acres
New Listing! 265 Ashland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
The tree-lined streets of Summit are just an inviting prelude to the home at 265 Ashland Road, an updated and meticulously maintained Dutch Colonial nestled on over an acre property. Upon arrival, the deep lush lawns and mature shade trees surrounding the bluestone walkway and elegant columned entry will instantly draw you in.
A spacious Entry Foyer with hardwood floors and a welcoming sitting area featuring a bay window with distant views provides your first glimpse of all this home has to offer. Step through the broad archway adorned with decorative pillars into the airy Living Room highlighted by gleaming hardwood floors, a charming bay window and an elegant fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround. It’s the perfect place to gather for both intimate conversations with friends and grand holiday festivities alike. The adjacent sunlit Study is the ideal place to work from home while the neighboring Family Room with spectacular views of the backyard greenery is perfect for a relaxing night in front of the TV. Step through a broad archway into the designer Kitchen that’s sure to please even the most discerning of chefs. Here, custom cabinetry with fine granite countertops, top-of-the-line appliances and a built-in work area are sure meet all of your daily needs. The oversized center island with Breakfast Bar seating is great for a quick snack, a custom built-in booth comfortably seats 8-10 for a casual meal, while the neighboring Dining Room is sure to please your guests as they formally dine with views out the large picture window. A full bath with access via the Family Room completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, proceed up the staircase to one of the 5 bedrooms and 2 baths on the second level. The light filled Master Suite awaits with His & Hers walk-in closets with custom built-ins and a spa-like en suite bath featuring a marble topped vanity with two sinks and oversized walk-in shower. 3 additional bedrooms with plenty of closet space and daylight assure everyone enjoys their own personal retreat with the convenience of a Full Hall Bath just outside.
And there’s more…enjoy a family game night in the finished lower level Recreation Room or step outside to the bluestone patio where outdoor entertaining is a pleasure as you take in the private wooded views or the flickering flames from the nearby stone fire pit.
265 Ashland Road boasts an extremely flexible floor plan, generous interior spaces, a prime location in the desirable Franklin School district and pretty setting together in one fabulous package…it’s the perfect place to call home.
Floor By Floor Details of 265 Ashland Road, Summit, NJ 07901
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, two large closets and sitting area with bay window
- Office/Den with hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, bay window and light fixture
- Living Room with pillared entrance, hardwood floors, crown moldings, bay window with blinds, recessed lighting, double door closet, fireplace with wood mantel and surround
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, crystal chandelier, large picture window, additional window with blinds; broad archway to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, 2 sconces, large picture window and additional window with blinds, access to Full Bath, back patio and broad archway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with custom white cabinetry and oversized center island/breakfast bar, granite countertops and ceramic tile backsplash, porcelain tile floor, top-of-the-line appliances including KitchenAid stainless steel refrigerator/freezer, DCS six burner gas stove and oven, warming drawer, wine cooler, built-in microwave, two-drawer dishwasher, two sinks with disposal units, under-counter lighting, coffered ceiling with recessed lighting, 2 pendant lights over center island, built-in desk/work area with cabinets above, built-in bookshelves, custom built-in booth with storage that seats 8-10; access to patio and stairway to second level
- Full Bath with marble topped vanity with mirror above and storage cabinet below, shower over tub with full tiled surround, decorative border and built-in shelf
- Laundry Room with washer, dryer, utility sink and storage cabinets
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpet, crown moldings, tray ceiling with ceiling fan, 4 clerestory windows, His & Hers walk-in closets with custom built-in shelving, En Suite Bath with tiled walk-in shower with built-in seat and glass door, double sink vanity with marble countertop and storage cabinets below, built-in medicine cabinet, ceramic tile floor, private commode, window with shades, recessed lighting and 2 light fixtures
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, recessed lighting and ceiling fan with light, two closets, 2 large windows and two additional windows
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, ceiling fan and window alcoves with shades, recessed lighting and track lighting, double window with shade, two closets
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, angled ceiling with window alcove, recessed lighting, closet
- Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors, ceiling fan, recessed lighting, large picture window, large closet with double doors and custom built-in shelving
- Full Hall Bath featuring double sink vanity with storage, marble countertops and mirror above, 2 light fixtures, built-in medicine cabinet, shower over tub
- Recreation Room with storage space
- Large storage/utility area with outside exit
- Circular drive with easy access to detached 2.5 car garage with floor finished with Professional Epoxy and walk-up attic wired for electricity
- 1.013 acre private lot with mature trees, flat lawns and bluestone patio with terraced stone wall and fire pit
- New Timberline roof (2014)
- New windows
- Dehumidifier and EZ Breathe ventilation system
- 4-Zone heating and AC
- Lower level with sump pump and French drains
- 7500 watt back-up portable generator system with hardwired panel and starter switch
Visit The Community
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 – Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit’s preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver’s license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.