Young fresh decor and move in ready!Chatham
277 Hillside Ave. Chatham, NJ 07928
- 277 Hillside Ave
- 0.34 acres
- 1 full 1 half
New Price! MLS#2910527 Move right in to this pristine colonial in the heart of Chatham Borough, with top-rated schools and commuter trains into midtown Manhattan and Wall Street. This 3 bedroom 1 and 1/2bath home offers up fresh young decor, Formal Living and Dining rooms, refinished hardwood floors and renovated kitchen and baths. The eat-in kitchen has a professional Viking stove, granite counters and stainless steal appliances. You’ll find additional space in the finished walk-out basement with powder room and in the warmer months you can enjoy the large paver patio and huge private rear yard framed by mature trees. Definitely a must-see!
- Entry vestibule with guest closet
- Front-to-back living room with hardwood floor, stairs to the second level and wood-burning fireplace
- Dining room with hardwood floor, chair rail with picture frame molding below and crown molding
- Updated eat-in kitchen with hardwood floor, custom cabinets, granite counters, ceramic tile backsplash, Viking 6-burner gas range with convection/conventional oven, KitchenAid dishwasher and refrigerator, bay window above the sink and stairs to the lower level
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet and second large closet
- Bedroom 2 with hardwood floor and closet
- Bedroom 3 with hardwood floor and large closet
- Hall bath with tile floor, tile wainscoting, vanity with sink and tile shower/tub
- Hallway with linen closet
WALKOUT LOWER LEVEL
- Recreation room with wall-to-wall carpet, crown molding, recessed lights and a French door to the patio
- Play room with padded “puzzle” mats (included)
- Laundry / Powder room with wood floor, antique style vanity with granite counter top, laundry closet with full size washer and dryer
- Utility room
- Hardwood floors on the first and second levels
- Covered front porch
- Paver front walkway
- Paved driveway with additional parking
- Attached one-car garage
- Paver patio
- Professionally landscaped property with mature trees and shrubbery
- Excellent location with easy access to major highways and business centers, recreation, shopping, Chatham’s top-rated schools and commuter trains into midtown Manhattan and Wall Street
Lot Size: 100 x 150 (.34 Acre)
2010 Taxes: $9,452
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.