31 Rolling Hill Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 6 full, 2 half
- $5,826 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
At new owner’s request, we took our photos down. If you are considering selling your home and would like to see a brochure of this property for comp purposes, just reach out | email@example.com | 973 936 9129
Spectacular Rolling Hill 6 bedroom, 6 full & 2 half bath custom Colonial. Sleek upscale design with spacious rooms, gracious architectural styling, high end finishes and great flow for entertaining. Designer Kitchen with custom cabinets, top of the line appliances and large center island open to Breakfast Room; Family Room features fireplace with custom mantel, coffered ceiling and access to deck and backyard. Elegant Dining Room with access to Butler’s Pantry. Luxurious Master Suite with gas fireplace, spa like marble bath and huge walk in closet. Expansive 3rd level Recreation Room plus additional Game Room/Recreation Room and potential au pair suite on walk-out lower level. Professionally landscaped property on private lot with magnificent bluestone patio. Come experience the grandeur of this Chatham gem!
We are proud platinum sponsors of The Rolling Hill Association’s Annual Block Party! To learn more about The Rolling Hill Association social events, please visit www.rollinghillassociation.com.
Welcome to 31 Rolling Hill Drive where you can immerse yourself in luxury in the sought after Rolling Hill section of Chatham Township. This spectacular home offers spacious light filled rooms highlighted by custom architectural details and high end finishes throughout – all on four levels of gracious living space in absolute move-in condition.
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed up the meandering bluestone path, through the covered entry porch and into the welcoming Entry Foyer where you’ll get your first taste of all the home has to offer. The plank hardwood floors with attractive inlay borders and detailed architectural millwork provide the perfect backdrop for any stylish décor. Continue on through an archway to the left into the elegant formal Living Room where family and friends will gather either for intimate conversation or a grand holiday celebration. Or, for a more casual get-together, step into a light filled Family Room with a striking coffered ceiling, large windows and a grand fireplace featuring a custom floor to ceiling wood mantel that really makes a statement. Enjoy the warmth from the nearby flames as you settle in to watch your favorite TV show on the built-in flat screen TV or simply gaze through the windows at the lush greenery outside. From here, flow easily into the designer Kitchen that’s sure to impress even a master chef. Top-of-the-line appliances are perfectly integrated into the crisp white cabinetry and marble countertops, while a large, granite topped center island seats 4 with an open view to the sun-filled Breakfast Room. What a perfect place to prepare a gourmet meal for guests seated in the elegant Dining Room reached via a fully equipped Butler’s Pantry just outside. Two separate Powder Rooms and a Mud Room outfitted with extensive storage space and access to the wraparound deck outside round out the first level living space.
At the end of the day, everyone will find their own private retreat when they proceed up the stately center staircase to the second level. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite as the flickering flames from the gas fireplace welcome you. The suite is impeccably designed with a large walk-in closet with custom shelving and a spa-like en suite bath highlighted by a heated marble floor, a jetted claw foot tub and a spectacular steam shower with delightful rain shower head. Enjoy sunny summer breezes as you step outside onto the Juliet balcony with your morning coffee. Just down the hall, family and guests will surely be pleased with their accommodations found in four additional spacious bedrooms (3 with en-suite baths) featuring hardwood floors and an abundance of closet space. A conveniently located Laundry Room, a full hallway bath and a charming reading alcove with cozy built-in bench complete the second level. Continue on up to the third level via the rear staircase to enjoy the expansive space that’s perfect for family fun and playtime. An enormous carpeted Recreation Room is filled with light as is the Bonus Room reached through a glass paned door just to the right. This flexible space has so many options for use…perhaps it’s your new Home Office, Exercise Room, or Craft Studio…the choice is yours to use as you see fit!
And there’s more…a fully finished lower level is home to a rich looking slate tiled foyer with patio and backyard access, a carpeted Recreation/Media Room where you’ll enjoy many hours of active family fun or quiet relaxation in front of the wood burning fireplace, as well as a full bedroom and full bath ideally suited to be used as an au pair suite or exercise room. Step back through the foyer to enter your private outdoor oasis…a partially covered bluestone patio sits facing a fully wooded backdrop located just beyond the lush lawn. Meandering stone pathways and steps lead you back to the raised wraparound deck. This impressive set-up is surely an outdoor entertainer’s dream and also assures plenty of space for outdoor hobbies, gardening and play time.
Upon viewing, you will undoubtedly see how much the handsome home at 31 Rolling Hill Drive has to offer. Its generous interior spaces, sought after location with easy access to top ranked schools, fine shopping and NYC transportation make it the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 31 Rolling Hill Drive, Chatham
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors with walnut inlay border, intricate raised panel wainscoting, crown moldings, recessed lighting, coat closet; archway to Living Room and Dining Room, access to Powder Room and center staircase
- Living Room with hardwood floor with walnut inlay border, raised panel wainscoting, custom Phillip Jeffries wallpaper, crown molding, 3 windows, recessed lighting, built-in ceiling speakers, doorway to Family Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, ceiling speakers, full windowed wall with cordless bamboo shades, transom windows above and French doors to raised deck, wood burning fireplace with gas starter, floor to ceiling custom mahogany mantel, quartzite surround and hearth and built in Samsung Smart TV, media closet with built-in shelving, pass through window to Kitchen; doorway to Kitchen
- Custom Kitchen designed by Wydian Kitchens & Design featuring high end cabinetry with glass fronted accent panels and under-cabinet lighting, custom tiled backsplash, Danby Imperial honed marble perimeter countertops, two-tiered center island with Blanco Antico granite counter top, stainless steel utility sink with disposal, 4-seat breakfast bar, storage drawers and cabinets below, pendant lights above, built-in desk with zinc top, top of the line stainless steel appliances including, Wolf 6-burner range with griddle, double oven below and overhead vent, Wolf microwave, 48” Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid dishwasher and stainless steel sink with disposal and pass through window above, recessed lighting; open to Breakfast Room and rear hallway with Butler’s Pantry, Powder Room, Mud Room and rear staircase
- Breakfast Room with hardwood floors, full windowed wall with window treatments, glass globe chandelier, French door to deck
- Butler’s Pantry featuring custom cabinetry with interior and under-cabinet lighting, glass shelving and doors, wine rack, Blanco Antico granite counter tops, bar sink, 50-bottle capacity SubZero wine cooler, recessed lighting, crown molding; doorway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floor with inlay border, recessed lighting, 2 chandeliers, sliding barn doors to Entry Foyer, crown molding, large picture windows with window treatments
- Powder Room #1 with pedestal sink with mirror and light fixture above, crown molding, hardwood floors, window with plantation shutter
- Mud Room with slate tile floor, recessed lighting, crown molding, built-in cubbies, coat closet; access to rear deck and Powder Room #2
- Powder Room #2 with slate tile floor, copper sink set in custom vanity with storage cabinets below and light fixture above, recessed lights, window with plantation shutter
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors with wool carpet runner, raised panel wainscoting coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, chandelier; access to Bedrooms, Laundry Room, Reading Alcove and rear staircase
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring bedroom with hardwood floors, 10’ volume ceiling, crown molding, recessed lighting, custom window treatments on windows and French door, gas fireplace with wood mantel and travertine surround flanked by custom built-in with pullout drawers, display shelving with lighting and built-in Samsung Smart TV, French doors to Juliet balcony overlooking backyard, large walk-in closet with hardwood floors, custom shelving and drawers; pocket door leads to en suite bath with tray ceiling, Carrera honed marble tile floor with radiant heat, custom double vanity with two under-mount sinks, marble counter top with full mirrored wall above and storage cabinets below, recessed lights, air jetted claw foot soaking tub sitting below Palladian window with plantation shutters, fully tiled marble steam shower with built-in marble seat and corner shelves, rain showerhead plus two additional shower heads and one handheld, two window, separate commode with plantation shuttered window, separate make-up/dressing area with built-in jewelry storage drawer and mirror above
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, large windows, walk-in closet with shelving, bedside light fixtures, en suite bath with marble tile floor, custom vanity with Botticino polished marble top, drawers below and mirror above, recessed lighting, glass enclosed stall shower, window
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, angled ceiling, ceiling fixture, large windows with shades, walk-in closet with shelving, en suite Jack & Jill Bath (shared with Bedroom #4) with mosaic tile floor, custom vanity with medicine cabinet, under mount double sinks, Durango honed marble top, mirrors above and storage below, recessed lighting, separate commode with shower over tub with subway tiled walls
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, double door closet with shelving, pendant light fixture, en suite Jack & Jill Bath (shared with Bedroom #3)
- Bedroom #5 (versatile use as nursery, office or sitting room to Master Suite) with hardwood floors, walk-in closet with shelving, full windowed wall with custom shades, en suite bath with white ceramic tile shower over tub and accent tile border, custom vanity with Calcutta Quartzite top, under-mount sink, cabinets below and mirror and light fixture above, recessed lights
- Reading Alcove with hardwood floors, crown molding, built in bookshelves, 2 large windows with built-in storage bench below, ceiling fixture
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, Whirlpool front load washer and dryer, stainless steel utility sink, folding surface, storage cabinets, drying racks, window
- Recreation Room/Bonus Room with carpet, recessed lighting, Palladian window with plantation shutter, oversized storage closet with window; glass paned door access to Bonus Room
- Bonus Room with recessed lighting and window ideal for Craft Room, Artist Studio, Office, Home Gym etc.
- Full Bath with porcelain tile floor, vanity with marble counter top, corner shower with glass door, window and recessed lighting
- Staircase with access to Garage and Lower Foyer with slate tiled floor, storage closet and French doors to patio
- Recreation/Media Room with recessed lighting, carpet, bead board wainscoting, pendant fixture, wood burning fireplace with gas starter, full wall custom wood mantel with inset Samsung Smart TV and bluestone raised hearth and surround
- Full Bath with slate floor, vanity with marble top and light fixture above, glass enclosed shower with tiled walls
- Bedroom #6/Exercise Room with recessed lighting, window, walk-in closet with shelving
- Utility Room/Storage Room
- Professionally landscaped property with new plantings, mature trees, underground sprinkler system (front and back), bluestone walkway to arched covered entry porch with polycast columns and solid fir front door, raised wraparound Trex composite rear deck (new 2014) with mahogany railings, ground level bluestone patio (new 2014) (partially covered) with decorative stone walkways and retaining walls, pathway lighting
- Oversized 3-car garage with automatic garage door openers with quiet function, high ceilings with extra-large loft storage, epoxy floor, front and rear facing windows, exterior door detail architecturally consistent with overall exterior design, fixed metal shelving
- Full house Berman Home Systems security/fire alarm system with 2 keypads and cellular backup
- Central vacuum system
- 5-zone forced air heating and central air conditioning
- 75-gallon hot water heater
- Full house back-up generator (new 2014)
- 5” and 3.5”oak hardwood flooring
- Large crown moldings throughout
- 5 panel solid wood doors throughout
- 9’ ceilings on first level
- Bathrooms and Laundry Room sound insulated
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Sue Adler Team 2017 Market ReviewREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
The Sue Adler Team on News 12 New Jersey – “NJ Senate passes workaround of federal tax overhaul”READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC