355 Woodland Rd, Madison, NJ 07940
- 3 full, 1 half
- $20 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Fabulously restored turn of the century Farmhouse with high-end design and amenities! Move right in to this Like New 4 Bedroom, 3 and ½ Bath home located in sought after Madison just minutes from downtown, blue ribbon schools and midtown direct transportation. No detail has been overlooked and no expense spared in this amazing, functional renovation that embraces the home’s vintage vibe. Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. Stunning Master Bedroom Retreat with exquisite Master Bath with chic custom cabinetry, oversized rain shower and basket weave tile. All other bathrooms done to perfection with high end finishes throughout. Delightful front porch, original hardwood floors throughout (wide plank on 3rd floor), high ceilings, all new period appropriate windows, original 3-story staircase and neutral paint tones throughout. Finished Lower Level with Recreation Room. 2 Laundry hookups. Rare opportunity to own this decidedly modern renovation with all the perks of a charming, traditional farmhouse!
Drive up to 355 Woodland Avenue and you know you have reached somewhere special. The idyllic, relaxed porch, perfect for rocking chairs and lemonade, is just waiting for breezy afternoons with family and friends. Enter through the original warm wood Entry Door into the elegant Entry Foyer and take in the high ceilings, all new period moldings and stunning hardwood floors that carry through the entire 1st floor. Flow easily in the light and bright Living Room adorned by farmhouse windows, hardwood floors and soothing paint colors. Dinner parties are divine in the large Formal Dining Room which has plenty of room to accommodate both a Dining and Family Area. Flow from the Dining Room into the Gourmet Kitchen that will satisfy every chef’s desire. Custom, crisp white cabinetry, granite countertops, farm sink, glass front cabinets and high-end stainless steel appliances are the best in form and function. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Area with a magnificent light fixture with filament lighting and copious windows with views of the tranquil backyard. Not a thing will be out of place in the nearby Mud Room Area complete with storage and custom bench. A tasteful Powder Room, complete with custom cabinetry, stone countertop and hardwood floors, rounds out the first level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the stately, original 3-story staircase to the 2nd Floor Landing which leads to exceptional design at every corner. Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom with gleaming hardwood floors, generous windows, Walk-In Closet and 2nd double Door Closet. It doesn’t get better than the Master Bathroom with stunning marble tile, oversized rain shower and a custom double vanity in cool, soothing grey. Bedroom 2 is steeped in sunlight and includes generous closet space. The large, renovated 2nd floor Full Hallway Bath dazzles with custom wood vanity with marble, subway tile, large shower and even a laundry hookup. The Third Floor boasts Bedrooms 3 and 4 with plenty of light and closet space, and another superbly renovated Full Bathroom complete with custom wood vanity with marble and chic, modern tile throughout.
And there’s more…The finished Lower Level with Recreation Room will provide endless hours of family entertainment. Whether it’s movie watching, children’s art studio and/or exercise room, the Lower Level provides all the space you need for any pursuit. A second laundry room rounds out this level.
And it doesn’t end there. Easily accessed from the Kitchen, relax in the large, level backyard that flows effortlessly from inside. A 2 car garage, with charming new electric garage doors, is gracefully situated on the rear property.
This truly is an amazing opportunity to own rare like new construction with the vintage, classic style of an old farmhouse. Walking distance from downtown, close to NYC transportation, and Madison shopping and restaurants, 355 Woodland Avenue is an absolute must see!
Floor by Floor Details of 355 Woodland Rd, Madison, NJ 07940
- Front porch with beadboard ceiling
- Original wood entry door
- Entry foyer featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, 2 flush mount light fixtures with drum shades
- Coat Closet
- Powder Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with fan, wood vanity with storage and stone countertop, mirror with wood trim, 2 light sconce
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, pocket doors, crown molding, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture
- Dining Room (can also be flexibly used as Family Room) featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, pendant light fixture
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom white wood cabinetry, leathered granite countertops, farm sink, bridge faucet with gooseneck spout, fixture with sprayer, recessed lighting, stainless steel LG refrigerator, stainless steel Bosch dishwasher, stainless steel LG 6 burner oven/range, Dry Bar/Butler’s Pantry with white custom wood cabinetry, glass door cabinetry, wine storage, Mudroom Area with storage, beadboard detail, hooks and bench, Door to backyard
- Breakfast Area featuring modern chandelier with filament lighting, hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding
- Elegant wood staircase to 2nd Level
- 2nd Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture
- Renovated Hall Bathroom featuring wood look tile flooring, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, 3 light sconce, recessed lighting, fan, wood framed mirror, shower/tub combination with subway tile surround with mosaic tile accent, hookup for 2nd floor laundry
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Walk-In Closet, 2nd Closet with double doors,
- Ensuite Master Bathroom featuring marble tile flooring, custom grey wood double vanity, 4 light sconce, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, fan, oversized shower featuring rain showerhead, handheld shower, recessed lighting, subway tile, basket weave marble inlay, basket weave marble tile floor, marble seat
- Bedroom 2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with drum shade, double door Closet
- 3rd Floor Landing featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture
- Bedroom 3, spanning from front to back of house, featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, recessed lighting, Walk-In Closet
- Bedroom 4 featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture with drum shade, Closet
- Renovated Full Bath featuring wood look tile flooring, custom wood vanity with storage, marble countertop, 3 light sconce, fan, wood framed mirror, shower with subway tile and mosaic penny tile flooring
- Storage Closet
- Recreation Room
- Laundry Room
- Bilco door to backyard
- 2 car detached garage with new electric garage doors
- Large, level yard
- New roof
- All new Plumbing
- All new Electrical
- All new Andersen 400 Series Windows
- Toto toilets in Bathrooms
- Grohe rainfall showerhead in Master Bedroom
- Original pocket doors in Living Room and Dining Room
- Heat/AC – 2 zones
- Sump pump
#madisonnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About MadisonVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Madison is an enchanting suburb with a rich history and an engaged, passionate community. The area mixes a peaceful, small town atmosphere with a modern and cosmopolitan culture. It is also home to two distinguished universities, adding to the exciting and active lifestyle that Madison living affords its residents. This locale is perfect for families and young professionals, especially considering how effortless and convenient commuting options are for both NYC and the rest of New Jersey. The thriving commerce, great schools, amazing real estate market, and endless amenities has made Madison, NJ an extremely coveted location for homebuyers.
Madison School Information
The Madison Public Schools pride themselves on their reputation of high levels of performance, which they achieve easily due to their dedicated staff members and their well-rounded approach to education. The district consists of four elementary schools (Kings Road, Central Avenue, and Torey J. Sabatini), The Madison Junior School, and Madison High School. This town’s educational system is committed to delivering a curriculum that is tailored to meet the needs of all students, and Madison High School was recently praised by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for providing “a rich, broad, and diverse educational program” for its students. It’s selection includes four world languages (Spanish, French, German, & Italian) and 16 Advanced Placement courses, including Calculus, Computer Science, and Environmental Health. In addition to the rich academic environment, the school boasts many character and service opportunities for students, and there are dozens of clubs and 23 interscholastic sports. Madison High School features 45 athletic teams in 18 sports, and they have clinched an array of conference, county, and state titles. The arts aren’t forgotten in Madison either; every year, their young virtuosos are selected for prestigious regional and state performing groups.
Madison is also home to Drew University and Fairleigh Dickinson University, both residing on lush, gorgeous campuses and offering a wide array of educational programs, community-based services, and academic opportunities. Additionally, the popular Adult School of Chatham, Madison, and Florham Park offers a fabulous selection of classes for adult learners that wish to broaden their skills and expand their minds. Numerous children’s workshops and summer programs are also available through private institutions and local universities, making Madison a hub of higher learning for all ages.
Madison Commuting Info
The town center has its own train station, Madison Station, where commuters can take NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct service that allows them to reach New York Penn Station in under one hour. Madison is situated on the Morristown branch of the Morris and Essex Line, with trains for the Hoboken terminal and subsequent connections to lower New York City. The additional selection of bus routes allow for easy travel throughout Madison and beyond.
By car, Routes 24 and 287, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all easily accessible, and Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 25 minute drive away. Madison is also a mere 10 minutes by car to Morristown Municipal Airport. Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry, the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach, which operate as straight shots to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
Madison BLOG POSTS
2017 Madison New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
Painting the Town YellowREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
- 51 Minutes to NYC