Spacious updated ranchSouth Orange
37 Speir Drive South Orange, NJ 07079 – SOLD!
- 37 Speir Drive
- South Orange
- New Jersey
Move right in to this totally renovated ranch in South Orange’s sought after Newstead Section. This home is priced to sell and the BEST value on the market. Renovated baths, granite countertops and walnut cabinets in updated kitchen, sun room, family room, walls of windows and tiered deck with access to rear yard. There is an additional full finished walk out ground level living space. Jitney stop around the corner takes you to and from South Orange Train station.
The First Level
- An entry foyer greets you and includes hardwood floors
- The front-to-back living room features hardwood floors and crown molding. The wood-burning fire-place includes a marble surround with built-in shelving on both sides. Large front and back picture windows usher the sunlight into nearly every corner.
- Adjoining the living room is the formal dining room. Hardwood floors and crown moldings are featured.
- The kitchen has wood cabinets, granite counters and mosaic tile backsplash. Stainless steel appli-ances includes, dishwasher, gas cook top and wall oven. Access to the attached two car garage is per-fect for carrying in all your groceries.
- Located off the living room is a four-season sun room with wall to wall carpeting and windows on three walls. Step outside the sunroom door to enjoy one of three decks that overlooks the backyard.
- The updated hall bathroom is perfect for overnight guests and serves the guest bedroom aptly with tile flooring, pedestal sink, mosaic backsplash and jetted tub with shower.
- Further down the main hallway you will find the Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, and 2 walk-in closets.
- The Master bath features tile floors with a pedestal sink and stall shower.
- The guest bedroom features hardwood floors, deep closet and plenty of natural light from windows.
The Lower Level
- The lower level family room has wall-to-wall carpet and access to two large rear decks.
- Adjacent to the family room is the office, quiet and tranquil.
- The lower level full bathroom features tile floors with a shower over tub.
- Bedroom 3 has wood floors and walk-in closet.
- Bedroom 4 has wood floors and plenty of natural sunlight.
- Laundry room/utility room features a kitchenette complete with a sink and plenty of room for storing all your items.
- New Carpeting upstairs hallway/stairs/and lower foyer (2012)
- Updated kitchen (2011)
- Updated first level bathrooms (2011)
- Door put in from kitchen to garage (2011)
- New retaining wall (2011)
- Deck re-stained (2011)
- New Chimney (2011 from roof up)
- New Water Heater (2011)
- New windows lower office (2011)
- House freshly painted (2012/2011)
- Updated downstairs bathroom (2009)
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.