Stunning Four Bedroom Upper Wyoming Section Home in South OrangeSouth Orange
463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
- 463 Twin Oak Rd
- South Orange
- 0.32 acres
- 4 Full
463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
SOLD! The Sue Adler Team represented both the Buyer and the Seller!
Call For More Information 973-936-9129
New Price! $799,000
A short drive through the stately tree lined streets of South Orange brings you to 463 Twin Oak Road, an updated expanded ranch with spectacular curbside appeal. Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by the lush terraced gardens, flowering trees and charming stone patios that surround the home. Proceed through the elegant columns that flank the front entry into the Entry Foyer where high ceilings, a rich hued ceramic tile floor and large decorative window provide your first glimpse of all this home has to offer.
The first level has excellent flow for both entertaining and daily family life. A cozy Den is just to the right and provides the ideal place to relax with your favorite book while enjoying the warmth of the flames from the brick fronted fireplace. The generous sized Living Room is sure to impress. With plenty of room to arrange furnishings as you see fit, the massive stone fireplace takes center stage. Light streams into the room featuring rich hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings with skylights and large arched windows and provides the perfect setting for an intimate gathering with friends or a large family celebration. Step up into the Formal Dining Room to enjoy a holiday meal while gazing through the sliding doors overlooking the expansive deck and outdoor greenery. Meals are a pleasure to prepare in the nearby Kitchen featuring vaulted ceilings and sky lights, updated appliances highlighted by fine granite countertops and a conveniently located built-in desk. Enjoy a quick snack at the Breakfast Bar or a casual meal in the dining nook with its charming bay window overlooking the front yard.
When its time to retire for the night, everyone will find their own personal haven in one of 4 bedrooms (2 on the first level and 2 more upstairs) and 3 full baths. The recently updated Master Bedroom Suite awaits with its soaring ceilings, elegant hardwood floors, enormous walk-in closets and spa-like Master Bath highlighted by fine marble floors and counter tops, a mirrored vanity area and walk-in shower with hand held and rain shower heads. Another bedroom on the first level features carpeting, plenty of closet space and easy access to the Full Hallway Bath featuring travertine tile floors and rich looking granite topped vanity. Upstairs, two additional bedrooms boasting plenty of privacy, a full bath and extensive finished and unfinished attic storage space can be found.
And there’s more…the finished lower level provides so many options for family use. Flexible spaces include a full Home Office with built-in desk and file drawers and a comfortable Recreation Room that’s great for spending a night watching movies with friends. A fully equipped Laundry Room, a Full Bath and extensive storage spaces and closets complete the lower level.
Outside, an enormous two tiered deck with built-in seating and spectacular gardens below make outdoor entertaining memorable. Picture the space set with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbecue as you enjoy the views of greenery in every direction… it’s a truly special setting.
With plenty of updated features, excellent flow for entertaining and easy access to shopping, dining and NYC transportation, 463 Twin Oaks Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
- Entry Hallway with arched transom window over door with sidelights, ceramic tile floor, high ceiling, coat closet, recessed lighting, center staircase, archway to Kitchen and double doors to Den
- Den with peg and groove hardwood floors, brick fronted wood burning fireplace, white paneled walls, windows with wood blinds, recessed lights
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floors, Formica cabinets with granite counters, granite center island with cooktop and Breakfast Bar, vaulted ceiling with 2 skylights, bay window with woven shades, recessed lighting, SubZero refrigerator freezer, GE electric double wall oven, Kenmore dishwasher, microwave, large stainless steel double sink with disposal, full wall of pantry cabinets with pullout shelves, built-in desk with granite top and mail slots, built-in sound system speakers, arched window looking out to greenery, doorway to deck and pocket doors to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, skylight, recessed lights, French doors to large 2-tiered deck and 2 additional windows; open to large step-down Great Room
- Great Room with hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with 4 skylights and recessed lighting, windows on 3 sides including floor to ceiling arched windows facing backyard, large stone fireplace, art spotlights and step up to bedroom hallway
- Updated Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with recessed lights and ceiling fan, large picture window and 2 additional windows with wood blinds, 2 large walk-in closets with hardwood floors, built-in drawers, shelving and window with Levelor blinds, additional linen closet, built-in speakers; En Suite Bath with vaulted ceiling, marble tile floor, marble topped vanity with 2 sinks and cabinets below, 3 sconces, built-in makeup alcove with mirrors and granite counter, walk-in shower with glass doors, marble tile walls with decorative tile accents, hand held and stationary shower heads, window with Levelor blinds
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, double closet with shelving and bi-fold doors, large window with wood blinds
- Full Hall Bath with travertine tile floor, granite topped vanity with cabinets below, full mirrored wall with light fixture, recessed lights, shower over tub with travertine tile wall and handicap bar, linen closet
- Bedroom #3 with paneled walls, carpet, angled ceiling with track lighting, alcove with window, closet
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, alcove with window with blinds
- Full Hall Bath with walk-in shower, new toilet, vanity with sink, medicine cabinet, ceramic tile floor
- Hallway with walk-in closet with shelves, finished storage area and access to unfinished attic storage
- Recreation Room with carpet, closet and recessed lights
- Office with carpet, built-in desk with cabinets and file drawers, recessed lights, grade level window, and large closet
- Full Bath with walk-in shower with glass doors and tiled walls, Corian topped vanity with medicine cabinet above, ceramic tile floor and light fixture
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, utility sink, hanging rack, vinyl tile floor and closet
- Hallway with 2 large closets with shelves (one is walk-in), bookcases, under stair closet and access to utility room and 2-car garage
- 2-car garage (new doors 2014) with electric openers and large storage room/workshop with shelves
- Baseboard heat
- 2 Zone Central Air conditioning (1 Zone new 2013)
- Exterior features 2-tiered wood deck with large built-in planter and bench seating, bluestone front patio with steps up to street, terraced landscaping with fieldstone wall and rear bluestone patio, underground sprinkler system
- Dishwasher (2012)
- Washer and dryer (2013)
- Hot water heater (2011)
- Security system
- Master Bedroom/Bathroom remodel (2011)
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.