Stunning Four Bedroom Upper Wyoming Section Home in South OrangeSouth Orange
463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
- 463 Twin Oak Rd
- South Orange
- 0.32 acres
- 4 Full
463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
SOLD! The Sue Adler Team represented both the Buyer and the Seller!
Call For More Information 973-936-9129
New Price! $799,000
A short drive through the stately tree lined streets of South Orange brings you to 463 Twin Oak Road, an updated expanded ranch with spectacular curbside appeal. Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by the lush terraced gardens, flowering trees and charming stone patios that surround the home. Proceed through the elegant columns that flank the front entry into the Entry Foyer where high ceilings, a rich hued ceramic tile floor and large decorative window provide your first glimpse of all this home has to offer.
The first level has excellent flow for both entertaining and daily family life. A cozy Den is just to the right and provides the ideal place to relax with your favorite book while enjoying the warmth of the flames from the brick fronted fireplace. The generous sized Living Room is sure to impress. With plenty of room to arrange furnishings as you see fit, the massive stone fireplace takes center stage. Light streams into the room featuring rich hardwood floors, vaulted ceilings with skylights and large arched windows and provides the perfect setting for an intimate gathering with friends or a large family celebration. Step up into the Formal Dining Room to enjoy a holiday meal while gazing through the sliding doors overlooking the expansive deck and outdoor greenery. Meals are a pleasure to prepare in the nearby Kitchen featuring vaulted ceilings and sky lights, updated appliances highlighted by fine granite countertops and a conveniently located built-in desk. Enjoy a quick snack at the Breakfast Bar or a casual meal in the dining nook with its charming bay window overlooking the front yard.
When its time to retire for the night, everyone will find their own personal haven in one of 4 bedrooms (2 on the first level and 2 more upstairs) and 3 full baths. The recently updated Master Bedroom Suite awaits with its soaring ceilings, elegant hardwood floors, enormous walk-in closets and spa-like Master Bath highlighted by fine marble floors and counter tops, a mirrored vanity area and walk-in shower with hand held and rain shower heads. Another bedroom on the first level features carpeting, plenty of closet space and easy access to the Full Hallway Bath featuring travertine tile floors and rich looking granite topped vanity. Upstairs, two additional bedrooms boasting plenty of privacy, a full bath and extensive finished and unfinished attic storage space can be found.
And there’s more…the finished lower level provides so many options for family use. Flexible spaces include a full Home Office with built-in desk and file drawers and a comfortable Recreation Room that’s great for spending a night watching movies with friends. A fully equipped Laundry Room, a Full Bath and extensive storage spaces and closets complete the lower level.
Outside, an enormous two tiered deck with built-in seating and spectacular gardens below make outdoor entertaining memorable. Picture the space set with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbecue as you enjoy the views of greenery in every direction… it’s a truly special setting.
With plenty of updated features, excellent flow for entertaining and easy access to shopping, dining and NYC transportation, 463 Twin Oaks Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 463 Twin Oak Rd South Orange, NJ 07079
- Entry Hallway with arched transom window over door with sidelights, ceramic tile floor, high ceiling, coat closet, recessed lighting, center staircase, archway to Kitchen and double doors to Den
- Den with peg and groove hardwood floors, brick fronted wood burning fireplace, white paneled walls, windows with wood blinds, recessed lights
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floors, Formica cabinets with granite counters, granite center island with cooktop and Breakfast Bar, vaulted ceiling with 2 skylights, bay window with woven shades, recessed lighting, SubZero refrigerator freezer, GE electric double wall oven, Kenmore dishwasher, microwave, large stainless steel double sink with disposal, full wall of pantry cabinets with pullout shelves, built-in desk with granite top and mail slots, built-in sound system speakers, arched window looking out to greenery, doorway to deck and pocket doors to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, skylight, recessed lights, French doors to large 2-tiered deck and 2 additional windows; open to large step-down Great Room
- Great Room with hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with 4 skylights and recessed lighting, windows on 3 sides including floor to ceiling arched windows facing backyard, large stone fireplace, art spotlights and step up to bedroom hallway
- Updated Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with recessed lights and ceiling fan, large picture window and 2 additional windows with wood blinds, 2 large walk-in closets with hardwood floors, built-in drawers, shelving and window with Levelor blinds, additional linen closet, built-in speakers; En Suite Bath with vaulted ceiling, marble tile floor, marble topped vanity with 2 sinks and cabinets below, 3 sconces, built-in makeup alcove with mirrors and granite counter, walk-in shower with glass doors, marble tile walls with decorative tile accents, hand held and stationary shower heads, window with Levelor blinds
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, double closet with shelving and bi-fold doors, large window with wood blinds
- Full Hall Bath with travertine tile floor, granite topped vanity with cabinets below, full mirrored wall with light fixture, recessed lights, shower over tub with travertine tile wall and handicap bar, linen closet
- Bedroom #3 with paneled walls, carpet, angled ceiling with track lighting, alcove with window, closet
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, alcove with window with blinds
- Full Hall Bath with walk-in shower, new toilet, vanity with sink, medicine cabinet, ceramic tile floor
- Hallway with walk-in closet with shelves, finished storage area and access to unfinished attic storage
- Recreation Room with carpet, closet and recessed lights
- Office with carpet, built-in desk with cabinets and file drawers, recessed lights, grade level window, and large closet
- Full Bath with walk-in shower with glass doors and tiled walls, Corian topped vanity with medicine cabinet above, ceramic tile floor and light fixture
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, utility sink, hanging rack, vinyl tile floor and closet
- Hallway with 2 large closets with shelves (one is walk-in), bookcases, under stair closet and access to utility room and 2-car garage
- 2-car garage (new doors 2014) with electric openers and large storage room/workshop with shelves
- Baseboard heat
- 2 Zone Central Air conditioning (1 Zone new 2013)
- Exterior features 2-tiered wood deck with large built-in planter and bench seating, bluestone front patio with steps up to street, terraced landscaping with fieldstone wall and rear bluestone patio, underground sprinkler system
- Dishwasher (2012)
- Washer and dryer (2013)
- Hot water heater (2011)
- Security system
- Master Bedroom/Bathroom remodel (2011)
Visit The Community
The Maplewood – South Orange School District, serving Maplewood and South Orange, is comprised of six elementary schools. Clinton, Jefferson, Seth Boyden, and Tuscan are in Maplewood, and Jefferson/Marshall and South Mountain (which also includes students from Maplewood residing near the school) are in South Orange. There are two Middle Schools – South Orange and Maplewood Middle – while the acclaimed Columbia High School serves both Maplewood and South Orange communities.
Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey, and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. Students can choose from a wide range of elective courses, including 24 AP classes, and every year Columbia High School sends alumni to top universities like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Yale. The extracurricular activities range from Future Business Leaders of America, a mock trial team, and an award-winning student newspaper and literary magazine to the chess club, championship athletics and music and drama. Hip-hop singer/songwriter Lauryn Hill is a former student here, but Columbia High School’s greatest claim to fame must surely be as the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee, invented by students on the school grounds in 1968.
Maplewood Middle School puts a strong emphasis on academic excellence and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. This philosophy obviously pays off, as around one third of 7th graders are identified by the Johns Hopkins Talent Search and invited to take the SATs, usually taken by high school juniors.
The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School, founded in 1933, is the oldest adult school in NJ and open to everyone from age 14 to 114. The inspiring program stimulates the mind, body and senses with high-quality classes covering everything from art and childcare to business studies and computer technology. Most classes are at Columbia High School or South Orange Middle School.
In the summer the school offers a highly praised children’s camp, the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
Kinderenrichment is available to children entering the South Orange/ Maplewood School District’s kindergarten classes each fall. The program matches the school trimester dates and is intended to supplement the district’s half-day kindergarten.
There are 2 train stations servicing South Orange.
The South Orange train station, situated on South Orange Ave, is about a 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. The Midtown Direct Line of NJ Transit takes commuters straight into New York Penn Station, Newark and Hoboken. A quick change onto the PATH Rapid Transit System at Newark or Hoboken transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center.
Trains from Mountain Station in the Montrose section of South Orange reach Newark Broad Street in under 15 minutes.
The popular jitney commuter bus runs a shuttle service between South Orange station and Montrose/Tuxedo Park, Newstead/North Wyoming and Irvington/Prospect/Academy. Applications for the jitney and parking permits can be picked up at the Village Hall on South Orange Avenue or downloaded.
By car, Routes 24 and 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within 5-10 minutes. Route 124- Springfield Avenue – runs though Maplewood. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
(Approx. 5 year waiting list) Village-NJ Transit $70/mo Village-Commuter lot (resident only) $35/mo Mountain Station $40/mo