48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928Chatham
48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 48 Woodland Rd
New Listing for Sale! 48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
A lovely drive down tree-lined streets leads you to 48 Woodland Road, a beautifully landscaped property complete with mature trees, shrubbery and lush lawn convenient to all the amenities Chatham Borough has to offer – great schools, vibrant shopping and dining experiences and access to the Midtown Direct Train Line to New York City.
Located just blocks from downtown, this charming and impeccable 4 bedroom, 2 full bathroom bi-level home is bright and spacious, and just waiting for you to move in. As you enter through the front door, you are welcomed into sunlit spaces perfect for entertaining. Step up to the main level to warm hardwood floors that flow from room to room, highlighting the open, airy feeling. The gracious living room is highlighted with a large picture window, allowing light to stream in and providing a lovely view of the neighborhood. The living room flows seamlessly to the dining room, perfect for entertaining or for quiet, intimate dinners. The bright and inviting kitchen features white cabinetry and granite countertops, highlighted by a subway tile backsplash. The white cabinets are complimented by the sleek stainless steel appliances, which offer a warm, yet modern, kitchen space. A peninsula features ample storage cabinets, and provides a divider between the working and dining areas of the kitchen. The large windows in the breakfast room allow light to stream into this more casual dining area, and a closet provides additional storage opportunities. The breakfast area conveniently leads to the deck, which makes outdoor entertaining easy. The expansive deck looks out over the private backyard, providing the perfect place to dine, entertain or just relax while taking in the beauty of your natural surroundings.
The gracious master bedroom shares views of the deck, and is highlighted by hardwood floors and abundant storage with a walk-in closet, plus two additional single closets. Two more bedrooms with ample closets and hardwood floors, a hall linen closet, and a full bath featuring a granite-topped double vanity and built-ins complete the main level.
Downstairs, imagine gathering around the floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, which is the centerpiece of the lower level family room. Hardwood floors and easy flow continue on this level, where the spacious family room opens to the sunroom, offering additional living space, streaming light, and access to the backyard. An office is located on the other side of the lower level, offering privacy where work can be completed without the distractions from main living spaces. A fourth bedroom, plus full bath, mudroom, laundry room and access to the two-car attached garage round out the lower level.
This impeccably maintained home sits on .23 acre and is in perfect move-in condition, awaiting nothing but your furnishings and personal style to make it your home sweet home.
Floor by Floor Details of 48 Woodland Road, Chatham, NJ
- Entry Foyer featuring tile floor, chandelier and staircase to the first and ground levels with coat closet first level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floor, picture window, crown molding, chair rail
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floor, window, chandelier, crown molding, chair rail
- Kitchen featuring tile floor, white wood cabinetry, granite countertops, subway tile backsplash, recessed lighting, light fixture, stainless steel appliances including a Whirlpool gas range, Frigidaire dishwasher and LG refrigerator
- Breakfast Area with two windows, light fixture, pantry and access to rear deck
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floor, three windows with remote controlled shades, walk-in closet, two additional closets, track lighting, light fixture
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floor, two windows, closet, light fixture
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floor, one window, closet, light fixture (currently built out as a walk in closet using “Closet Factory” system)
- Full Hall Bathroom #1 featuring tile floor with decorative inlay, shower over tub with tiled wall, dual sinks with double vanities and light fixture overhead
- Family Room featuring hardwood floor, recessed lighting, picture ledge with chair rail molding, fireplace with stone surround and mantel, access to under stairs storage area
- Sun Room featuring two walls of double hung windows, recessed lighting and door to rear yard
- Mud Room/Laundry Room featuring hardwood floor, storage cubbies with overhead storage area, light fixture, washer and dryer, utility sink, access to Utility Room
- Office featuring carpet, double window, picture ledge, light fixture
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floor, chair rail, light fixture, closet, window
- Full Hall Bathroom #2 featuring tile floor, stall shower, pedestal sink, light fixture, “smart” sensor toilet
- “Smart” house automation via Alexa Amazon system (2016)
- Fully fenced in rear yard with no-maintenance PVC material (2016)
- A/C condenser (2015)
- Furnace (2015)
- GE stainless steel Kitchen appliances (2014)
- Hall Bathroom #1 renovation (2013)
- Partial Hall Bathroom #2 renovation (2013)
- Water heater (2012)
- Driveway repaved (2011)
- Water filtration system/water softener system (owned)
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.