48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928Chatham
48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 48 Woodland Rd
New Listing for Sale! 48 Woodland Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Price: $675,000 SOLD Over List Price in One Weekend!
A lovely drive down tree-lined streets leads you to 48 Woodland Road, a beautifully landscaped property complete with mature trees, shrubbery and lush lawn convenient to all the amenities Chatham Borough has to offer – great schools, vibrant shopping and dining experiences and access to the Midtown Direct Train Line to New York City.
Located just blocks from downtown, this charming and impeccable 4 bedroom, 2 full bathroom bi-level home is bright and spacious, and just waiting for you to move in. As you enter through the front door, you are welcomed into sunlit spaces perfect for entertaining. Step up to the main level to warm hardwood floors that flow from room to room, highlighting the open, airy feeling. The gracious living room is highlighted with a large picture window, allowing light to stream in and providing a lovely view of the neighborhood. The living room flows seamlessly to the dining room, perfect for entertaining or for quiet, intimate dinners. The bright and inviting kitchen features white cabinetry and granite countertops, highlighted by a subway tile backsplash. The white cabinets are complimented by the sleek stainless steel appliances, which offer a warm, yet modern, kitchen space. A peninsula features ample storage cabinets, and provides a divider between the working and dining areas of the kitchen. The large windows in the breakfast room allow light to stream into this more casual dining area, and a closet provides additional storage opportunities. The breakfast area conveniently leads to the deck, which makes outdoor entertaining easy. The expansive deck looks out over the private backyard, providing the perfect place to dine, entertain or just relax while taking in the beauty of your natural surroundings.
The gracious master bedroom shares views of the deck, and is highlighted by hardwood floors and abundant storage with a walk-in closet, plus two additional single closets. Two more bedrooms with ample closets and hardwood floors, a hall linen closet, and a full bath featuring a granite-topped double vanity and built-ins complete the main level.
Downstairs, imagine gathering around the floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, which is the centerpiece of the lower level family room. Hardwood floors and easy flow continue on this level, where the spacious family room opens to the sunroom, offering additional living space, streaming light, and access to the backyard. An office is located on the other side of the lower level, offering privacy where work can be completed without the distractions from main living spaces. A fourth bedroom, plus full bath, mudroom, laundry room and access to the two-car attached garage round out the lower level.
This impeccably maintained home sits on .23 acre and is in perfect move-in condition, awaiting nothing but your furnishings and personal style to make it your home sweet home.
Floor by Floor Details of 48 Woodland Road, Chatham, NJ
- Entry Foyer featuring tile floor, chandelier and staircase to the first and ground levels with coat closet first level
- Living Room featuring hardwood floor, picture window, crown molding, chair rail
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floor, window, chandelier, crown molding, chair rail
- Kitchen featuring tile floor, white wood cabinetry, granite countertops, subway tile backsplash, recessed lighting, light fixture, stainless steel appliances including a Whirlpool gas range, Frigidaire dishwasher and LG refrigerator
- Breakfast Area with two windows, light fixture, pantry and access to rear deck
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floor, three windows with remote controlled shades, walk-in closet, two additional closets, track lighting, light fixture
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floor, two windows, closet, light fixture
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floor, one window, closet, light fixture (currently built out as a walk in closet using “Closet Factory” system)
- Full Hall Bathroom #1 featuring tile floor with decorative inlay, shower over tub with tiled wall, dual sinks with double vanities and light fixture overhead
- Family Room featuring hardwood floor, recessed lighting, picture ledge with chair rail molding, fireplace with stone surround and mantel, access to under stairs storage area
- Sun Room featuring two walls of double hung windows, recessed lighting and door to rear yard
- Mud Room/Laundry Room featuring hardwood floor, storage cubbies with overhead storage area, light fixture, washer and dryer, utility sink, access to Utility Room
- Office featuring carpet, double window, picture ledge, light fixture
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floor, chair rail, light fixture, closet, window
- Full Hall Bathroom #2 featuring tile floor, stall shower, pedestal sink, light fixture, “smart” sensor toilet
- “Smart” house automation via Alexa Amazon system (2016)
- Fully fenced in rear yard with no-maintenance PVC material (2016)
- A/C condenser (2015)
- Furnace (2015)
- GE stainless steel Kitchen appliances (2014)
- Hall Bathroom #1 renovation (2013)
- Partial Hall Bathroom #2 renovation (2013)
- Water heater (2012)
- Driveway repaved (2011)
- Water filtration system/water softener system (owned)
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.