Brand New Harvey Caplan Built Home on over Half an Acre
- 4 Full and 1 Half
- $6,017 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
In upholding his reputation, Harvey Caplan owner of Rolling Hill Developments, has once again created a luxury home with distinctive architectural design, top-grade construction and superior craftsmanship. His talent for matching exceptional home design to the character of the surrounding land is underscored in this colonial masterpiece situated on over a half acre of professionally landscaped grounds.
Built in 2013 with superlative upgrades in 2014, the property invites you to delight in its newness yet relish in the comforts of a well-loved home. Walk through the front covered portico and enter a gracious two-story center hall foyer with chair rail molding, a chandelier and oak hardwood flooring. The first floor plan has plentiful space and flow for both indoor and outdoor entertaining and living. The foyer is anchored between a formal Dining Room with chair rail molding and a Living Room with hardwood flooring, an abundance of natural light and built-in speakers allowing for music when entertaining.
The gourmet Kitchen is the aspiration of all cooks and foodies – large, open and loaded with every detail to please even the most discerning epicurean. Custom white cabinetry is offset by a black granite counter, and the center island stands out in the reverse – white marble atop a black cabinet with drawers for additional storage, an Elkay service sink and space for stools. The best in appliances include a Wolf six-burner range, Kitchen Aide double oven, custom paneled Sub Zero refrigerator and freezer, Sub Zero wine refrigerator and custom paneled Bosch dishwasher. A large Breakfast Area joins the kitchen with access to the rear patio. A Butler’s Pantry mirrors the style and color scheme of the center island bringing continuity to this area.
Grab a snack from the large walk-in pantry and head out through the connecting Mud Room with tile flooring, built in bench seating with hooks for coats and athletic equipment and an oversized closet.
Adjoining the kitchen on the right is the Family Room where you’ll be guaranteed to spend long hours in winter relaxing with family by the gas burning fireplace with black granite hearth and coffered wood ceiling making a vivid statement. Open up the sliding doors to the rear patio where dining al fresco or hosting a summer BBQ can be done in complete style and comfort.
A Library with two built-in wall units of shelving and storage opens to a cozy Office/Den, a great work area or quiet place to escape for a few hours of reading. A Powder Room is located in an ideal spot by the kitchen and completes the well laid out first floor design.
The panache of the first floor continues up to the second floor. The Master Suite is impressive starting with the Master Bedroom with trey ceiling, hardwood flooring, built-in speakers, two walk-in closets with custom shelving and upgraded lighting. A door separates the bedroom from the Master Sitting Room, a nice touch for a little additional privacy. The Master Bath is sheer heaven. A white granite countertop set on a dark wood double vanity with Rohl fixtures is reminiscent of a five star hotel. Ease away any aches and pains in either the oversized custom shower with two corresponding tiles and three types of shower heads or in the therapy soaking tub while listening to tranquil music through speakers.
Three additional bedrooms have walk-in closets with organizers; bedrooms two and three share a Jack and Jill bathroom with double vanity and marble countertop. A third bath allows plenty of options for family and guests. Plus a well-designed laundry room with tile floor and sink.
The Lower Level’s appealing blueprint begins with a tile foyer entry and ample under stair storage, there’s also a second Mudroom with built-ins and a closet. A finished carpeted recreation area needs a few comfy chairs and a big screen TV to transform into the perfect play/hangout for guests and family alike. Versatility has been built into several areas of this home including the lower level’s guest room. Here, the rubber flooring can double as a gym area – with walk-in closet and full bath – this room is adaptable for various uses.
An oversized three-car garage is another added advantage with plenty of storage.
For those who value new construction, but still appreciate the timelessness and elements of solid architecture, this Chatham property is the perfect combination. A home built only yesterday with the lasting endurance of forever.
Floor by Floor Details of 49 Meyersville Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- Two story foyer with chandelier, chair rail molding, and hardwood flooring.
- Dining room with hardwood flooring, built in speakers and an abundance of natural light.
- Living room with chair rail molding
- Family room with recessed lighting, coffered wood ceiling detail, wood fireplace (gas starter) with black granite hearth, sliding door to rear patio.
- Den with hardwood flooring, bead board wall paneling
- Office with two built in wall storage units and hardwood flooring
- Kitchen with upgraded pendant lights over hanging the marble topped center island with Elkay service sink and space for stools. Wolf six burner gas cook top, Kitchen Aide double oven, General Electric Microwave, custom paneled Sub Zero refrigerator and freezer, Sub Zero wine fridge, and custom paneled Bosch dishwasher. Black granite counter tops, custom white cabinetry and built in speakers.
- Mudroom with tile flooring, built in bench seating with hooks for jackets, over sized coat closed and access to the large walk in pantry with organizer.
- Butler’s pantry with granite counter top, cabinetry storage, mirrored backsplash.
- Powder room with basket weave tile flooring, Ronbow sink, and upgraded lighting, hallway to Powder room features a large closet.
- Master bedroom with hardwood flooring, trey ceiling, built in speakers, and upgraded lighting.
- Master sitting room with hardwood flooring, and upgrading lighting.
- Master bathroom with his and her walk in closets with closet organizers, one closet has access to attic storage. Rohl Fixtures throughout, white granite counter top set on top of custom dark wood double vanity with storage in-between the sinks, wall mirrors mounted above the vanity, over sized custom tiled shower with glass door, rain shower head, and two other shower heads, therapy soaking tub, separate water closet, speakers.
- Laundry room with tile flooring, and sink area.
- Bedroom two with hardwood floor and double closet with closet organizer and ensuite bathroom with basket weave tile flooring, glass surround shower with Moen fixtures and upgraded lighting.
- Bedroom three with carpet, upgraded lighting, walk-in closet with organizer
- Bedroom four with carpet, upgraded lighting and closet.
- Jack and Jill bathroom between bedroom three and four, double vanity with marble counter top, tile flooring, separate room with shower over tub and toilet.
- Spacious attic for storage
- Tile flooring entry area with upgraded lighting and under stair storage
- Bedroom/Gym with full height windows, rubber gym flooring, walk in closet and full bathroom.
- Bathroom with glass surround shower and stone flooring
- Carpeted recreation room with large closet with organizer, access to the full bathroom, and access to the utility room
- Lower level mudroom with built in bench, tile flooring and over sized coat closet.
- Over sized three car garage
Additional Features and Upgrades:
- Home built by well-regarded Rolling Hill Builders in 2013
- Upgraded in 2014
- Upgraded lighting package throughout
- Upgraded Subzero wine cooler
- Two zone forced hot air heat and central air conditioning
- Digital whole house humidifier
- Central vacuum system
- Under ground sprinkler system
- Battery backup on all three-garage door openers
- Professionally landscaped
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
|10Glenwood Elementary School||K-5||325 Taylor Rd South, Short Hills, NJ 07078|
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Sue Adler Team 2017 Market ReviewREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
The Sue Adler Team on News 12 New Jersey – “NJ Senate passes workaround of federal tax overhaul”READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC