Brand New Harvey Caplan Built Home on over Half an Acre
- 4 Full and 1 Half
- $6,017 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
In upholding his reputation, Harvey Caplan owner of Rolling Hill Developments, has once again created a luxury home with distinctive architectural design, top-grade construction and superior craftsmanship. His talent for matching exceptional home design to the character of the surrounding land is underscored in this colonial masterpiece situated on over a half acre of professionally landscaped grounds.
Built in 2013 with superlative upgrades in 2014, the property invites you to delight in its newness yet relish in the comforts of a well-loved home. Walk through the front covered portico and enter a gracious two-story center hall foyer with chair rail molding, a chandelier and oak hardwood flooring. The first floor plan has plentiful space and flow for both indoor and outdoor entertaining and living. The foyer is anchored between a formal Dining Room with chair rail molding and a Living Room with hardwood flooring, an abundance of natural light and built-in speakers allowing for music when entertaining.
The gourmet Kitchen is the aspiration of all cooks and foodies – large, open and loaded with every detail to please even the most discerning epicurean. Custom white cabinetry is offset by a black granite counter, and the center island stands out in the reverse – white marble atop a black cabinet with drawers for additional storage, an Elkay service sink and space for stools. The best in appliances include a Wolf six-burner range, Kitchen Aide double oven, custom paneled Sub Zero refrigerator and freezer, Sub Zero wine refrigerator and custom paneled Bosch dishwasher. A large Breakfast Area joins the kitchen with access to the rear patio. A Butler’s Pantry mirrors the style and color scheme of the center island bringing continuity to this area.
Grab a snack from the large walk-in pantry and head out through the connecting Mud Room with tile flooring, built in bench seating with hooks for coats and athletic equipment and an oversized closet.
Adjoining the kitchen on the right is the Family Room where you’ll be guaranteed to spend long hours in winter relaxing with family by the gas burning fireplace with black granite hearth and coffered wood ceiling making a vivid statement. Open up the sliding doors to the rear patio where dining al fresco or hosting a summer BBQ can be done in complete style and comfort.
A Library with two built-in wall units of shelving and storage opens to a cozy Office/Den, a great work area or quiet place to escape for a few hours of reading. A Powder Room is located in an ideal spot by the kitchen and completes the well laid out first floor design.
The panache of the first floor continues up to the second floor. The Master Suite is impressive starting with the Master Bedroom with trey ceiling, hardwood flooring, built-in speakers, two walk-in closets with custom shelving and upgraded lighting. A door separates the bedroom from the Master Sitting Room, a nice touch for a little additional privacy. The Master Bath is sheer heaven. A white granite countertop set on a dark wood double vanity with Rohl fixtures is reminiscent of a five star hotel. Ease away any aches and pains in either the oversized custom shower with two corresponding tiles and three types of shower heads or in the therapy soaking tub while listening to tranquil music through speakers.
Three additional bedrooms have walk-in closets with organizers; bedrooms two and three share a Jack and Jill bathroom with double vanity and marble countertop. A third bath allows plenty of options for family and guests. Plus a well-designed laundry room with tile floor and sink.
The Lower Level’s appealing blueprint begins with a tile foyer entry and ample under stair storage, there’s also a second Mudroom with built-ins and a closet. A finished carpeted recreation area needs a few comfy chairs and a big screen TV to transform into the perfect play/hangout for guests and family alike. Versatility has been built into several areas of this home including the lower level’s guest room. Here, the rubber flooring can double as a gym area – with walk-in closet and full bath – this room is adaptable for various uses.
An oversized three-car garage is another added advantage with plenty of storage.
For those who value new construction, but still appreciate the timelessness and elements of solid architecture, this Chatham property is the perfect combination. A home built only yesterday with the lasting endurance of forever.
Floor by Floor Details of 49 Meyersville Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- Two story foyer with chandelier, chair rail molding, and hardwood flooring.
- Dining room with hardwood flooring, built in speakers and an abundance of natural light.
- Living room with chair rail molding
- Family room with recessed lighting, coffered wood ceiling detail, wood fireplace (gas starter) with black granite hearth, sliding door to rear patio.
- Den with hardwood flooring, bead board wall paneling
- Office with two built in wall storage units and hardwood flooring
- Kitchen with upgraded pendant lights over hanging the marble topped center island with Elkay service sink and space for stools. Wolf six burner gas cook top, Kitchen Aide double oven, General Electric Microwave, custom paneled Sub Zero refrigerator and freezer, Sub Zero wine fridge, and custom paneled Bosch dishwasher. Black granite counter tops, custom white cabinetry and built in speakers.
- Mudroom with tile flooring, built in bench seating with hooks for jackets, over sized coat closed and access to the large walk in pantry with organizer.
- Butler’s pantry with granite counter top, cabinetry storage, mirrored backsplash.
- Powder room with basket weave tile flooring, Ronbow sink, and upgraded lighting, hallway to Powder room features a large closet.
- Master bedroom with hardwood flooring, trey ceiling, built in speakers, and upgraded lighting.
- Master sitting room with hardwood flooring, and upgrading lighting.
- Master bathroom with his and her walk in closets with closet organizers, one closet has access to attic storage. Rohl Fixtures throughout, white granite counter top set on top of custom dark wood double vanity with storage in-between the sinks, wall mirrors mounted above the vanity, over sized custom tiled shower with glass door, rain shower head, and two other shower heads, therapy soaking tub, separate water closet, speakers.
- Laundry room with tile flooring, and sink area.
- Bedroom two with hardwood floor and double closet with closet organizer and ensuite bathroom with basket weave tile flooring, glass surround shower with Moen fixtures and upgraded lighting.
- Bedroom three with carpet, upgraded lighting, walk-in closet with organizer
- Bedroom four with carpet, upgraded lighting and closet.
- Jack and Jill bathroom between bedroom three and four, double vanity with marble counter top, tile flooring, separate room with shower over tub and toilet.
- Spacious attic for storage
- Tile flooring entry area with upgraded lighting and under stair storage
- Bedroom/Gym with full height windows, rubber gym flooring, walk in closet and full bathroom.
- Bathroom with glass surround shower and stone flooring
- Carpeted recreation room with large closet with organizer, access to the full bathroom, and access to the utility room
- Lower level mudroom with built in bench, tile flooring and over sized coat closet.
- Over sized three car garage
Additional Features and Upgrades:
- Home built by well-regarded Rolling Hill Builders in 2013
- Upgraded in 2014
- Upgraded lighting package throughout
- Upgraded Subzero wine cooler
- Two zone forced hot air heat and central air conditioning
- Digital whole house humidifier
- Central vacuum system
- Under ground sprinkler system
- Battery backup on all three-garage door openers
- Professionally landscaped
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 4 | 1
- 6 | 1
- 6 | 1
- 5 | 1
- 5 | 1
- 5 | 1
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
|10Glenwood Elementary School||K-5||325 Taylor Rd South, Short Hills, NJ 07078|
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Ahrre’s Coffee Roastery Serves Up Fresh Roast and Fresh Brew in Summit!READ MORE
Listing Success Beyond the Spring SeasonREAD MORE
“In The Know” Summer Editions are Here!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC