54 Tillou Rd W, South Orange, NJ 07079
- 4 full, 1 half
- $3,359 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Move right in to this spectacular 7000 square foot 3 Bedroom (4th potential), 4½ Bath gem on an ultra private cul de sac in the prestigious Manors section of South Orange just 20 miles west of Manhattan and close to the Jitney, Midtown Direct Train and nearby restaurants and shopping. Beautiful details include stunning Two-Story Foyer, Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with high-end stainless steel appliances and gorgeous countertops, spacious Family Room with fireplace and beamed ceiling. Luxurious Master Bedroom Suite with spa-like Master Bath, fireplace, deluxe Dressing Room, dual Walk-In Closets and ample custom storage. Finished Lower Level with large Recreation Room, Exercise Room, Au Pair/Bedroom and tons of additional storage. This home, located in one of South Orange’s most coveted neighborhoods, simply cannot be missed!
Room by Room Details of 54 Tillou Road West, South Orange
- Elegant wood front door with sidelites and transom
- Two-story Entry Foyer featuring butterfly staircase with decorative iron railings, tile flooring, wainscoting, chandelier, runner on staircase
- Laundry Room with tile floor, utility sink with storage cabinetry above and below, Samsung He dryer, Kenmore He washer
- Powder Room featuring tile flooring, pedestal sink, mirror with light fixture above, ceiling light fixture
- Walk-in wrap around Coat Closet with storage and shelving
- Library featuring hardwood floors, triple window with transom, vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, bay window, recessed lighting, wainscoting, crown molding, designer window treatments
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors with decorative inlay, recessed lighting, chandelier, wainscoting, crown molding, designer window treatments
- Family Room featuring fireplace, beamed ceiling and French doors to covered patio
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring custom cabinetry with tiger eye decorative pulls and stone backsplash with tiger eye decorative inlay, granite countertops, tile flooring, high end GE Monogram stainless steel appliances, island with two pendant light above, warming drawer, range/oven, 2 dishwashers, 2 wall ovens, 2 sinks, walk-in pantry with shelving and storage
- Butler’s Pantry featuring marble countertops, glass front custom cabinetry with decorative pulls, mirrored backsplash, sink and GE Monogram wine refrigerator
- Covered Porch off Family Room
- Breakfast Area featuring tile flooring, plantation shutters, recessed lighting, chandelier, baseboard molding
- Elevator shaft
- 2 Car Garage with carriage style electric doors
- Gallery Landing overlooking Entry Foyer, hardwood floors, wainscoting, recessed lighting, sconces, crown molding
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround, carpeting, decorative inset ceiling, crown molding, wainscoting, recessed lighting
- Master Dressing Area featuring dual Walk-In Closets, fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround, custom built in cabinetry, island and window seat, carpeting, recessed lighting, crown molding, wainscoting
- Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring, dual vanities with granite countertops, jetted soaking tub, separate shower, separate toilet room
- Ensuite Bedroom #2 featuring carpeting, ceiling fan with light, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, study nook, custom walk in closet, Full Bath featuring tile flooring, custom cabinetry with granite countertop, mirror with light above, shower over tub with tile surround and glass doors
- Ensuite Bedroom #3 featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, custom walk in closet, Full Bath featuring tile flooring, custom cabinetry with granite countertop, mirror with light above, shower over tub with tile surround and glass doors, linen closet
- Recreation Room featuring carpeting, recessed lighting and high ceiling
- Exercise Room featuring recessed lighting, window (is there carpet or was it cut out to expose padding – need confirm)
- Hall Bathroom featuring tile flooring, custom cabinetry with granit countertop, mirror with light above, shower over tub with tile surround and glass doors
- Bonus Room featuring carpeting, recessed lighting, inset ceiling, baseboard molding
- Storage Room (with potential to be finished for an additional living space/bonus room)
- Utility/Storage Room
- Professionally landscaped
- Covered Porch off Family Room
- 9’ – 9’6” ceilings throughout
- Irrigation system
- Andersen windows throughout
- 2 zone heat/AC (confirm)
- High end finishes, top of the line appliances and exquisite finishes throughout – superior to builder grade base model in all areas
- Hot water heater (2017)
#southorangenj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- 4 | 1
- 3 | 1
- 5 | 1
- 3 | 2
- 3 | 1
- 3 | 1
About South OrangeVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The green open spaces and proximity to New York City are just two of the many great features that attract people to the Township of South Orange Village. It was named the first Transit Village in New Jersey in recognition of its excellent transport systems, and redevelopments, including a bicycle path, have helped to revitalize the area. The village is one of only a few in New Jersey to retain gas light street illumination (others include Riverton, Palmyra and Glen Ridge). The gaslight, together with the distinctive Village Hall, has long been the symbol of South Orange.
South Orange School Information
The Maplewood – South Orange School District, serving Maplewood and South Orange, is comprised of six elementary schools. Clinton, Jefferson, Seth Boyden, and Tuscan are in Maplewood, and Jefferson/Marshall and South Mountain (which also includes students from Maplewood residing near the school) are in South Orange. There are two Middle Schools – South Orange and Maplewood Middle – while the acclaimed Columbia High School serves both Maplewood and South Orange communities.
Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey, and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. Students can choose from a wide range of elective courses, including 24 AP classes, and every year Columbia High School sends alumni to top universities like Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Yale. The extracurricular activities range from Future Business Leaders of America, a mock trial team, and an award-winning student newspaper and literary magazine to the chess club, championship athletics and music and drama. Hip-hop singer/songwriter Lauryn Hill is a former student here, but Columbia High School’s greatest claim to fame must surely be as the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee, invented by students on the school grounds in 1968.
Maplewood Middle School puts a strong emphasis on academic excellence and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. This philosophy obviously pays off, as around one third of 7th graders are identified by the Johns Hopkins Talent Search and invited to take the SATs, usually taken by high school juniors.
The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School, founded in 1933, is the oldest adult school in NJ and open to everyone from age 14 to 114. The inspiring program stimulates the mind, body and senses with high-quality classes covering everything from art and childcare to business studies and computer technology. Most classes are at Columbia High School or South Orange Middle School.
In the summer the school offers a highly praised children’s camp, the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
Kinderenrichment is available to children entering the South Orange/ Maplewood School District’s kindergarten classes each fall. The program matches the school trimester dates and is intended to supplement the district’s half-day kindergarten.
South Orange Schools
South Orange Commuting Info
There are 2 train stations servicing South Orange.
The South Orange train station, situated on South Orange Ave, is about a 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. The Midtown Direct Line of NJ Transit takes commuters straight into New York Penn Station, Newark and Hoboken. A quick change onto the PATH Rapid Transit System at Newark or Hoboken transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center.
Trains from Mountain Station in the Montrose section of South Orange reach Newark Broad Street in under 15 minutes.
The popular jitney commuter bus runs a shuttle service between South Orange station and Montrose/Tuxedo Park, Newstead/North Wyoming and Irvington/Prospect/Academy. Applications for the jitney and parking permits can be picked up at the Village Hall on South Orange Avenue or downloaded.
By car, Routes 24 and 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway are all within 5-10 minutes. Route 124- Springfield Avenue – runs though Maplewood. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus and the Community Coach, which takes you straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.
(Approx. 5 year waiting list) Village-NJ Transit $70/mo Village-Commuter lot (resident only) $35/mo Mountain Station $40/mo
South Orange BLOG POSTS
Today We Closed Our 100th Home for 2017 and Now We Get to Give Away $20,000!READ MORE
Enjoy Summer Weekends “Downtown After Sundown” in South Orange!READ MORE
Commuter Relief at the Maplewood LibraryREAD MORE
- 31 Minutes to NYC