Picture Perfect Updated Starter Home in Chatham BoroChatham
66 Chatham St Chatham, NJ 07928
- 66 Chatham St
- 0.16 acres
- 2 Full
66 Chatham St Chatham, NJ 07928
New Listing For Sale! Call Sue Adler 973-936-9129
Welcome to 66 Chatham Street where you’ll feel right at home in this charming 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home in the heart of the tree-lined streets of Chatham. Within walking distance to the train, downtown shopping, restaurants and schools, this prime location is sure to please.
Step right into the warm and inviting Living Room with hardwood floors and stately wood burning fireplace. The wood mantel and brick surround provide an impressive backdrop for gatherings both large and small. Proceed through a broad entry into the formal Dining Room that’s highlighted by a unique horizontal leaded glass window and has easy access to the large raised deck featuring built-in flowerboxes overlooking a beautiful, fully fenced in backyard with endless opportunities for outdoor play and hobbies. Preparing meals in the nearby Kitchen is a dream with high-end stainless steel appliances, crisp white cabinetry that’s accented by a decorative ceramic tile backsplash and abundant Corian counter space with light streaming in from the skylight above. The dining alcove featuring a large window and window seat below is a wonderful place for a quick snack or a casual meal and is conveniently located next to a full Bath.
Everyone will find their own personal retreat in one of three bedrooms on the second level – 2 with hardwood floors, and one with plush carpet with hardwood underneath. With 5 large windows, the light and airy Master Bedroom boasts a working wood burning fireplace that is truly special on a cold winter night. Conveniently located down the hall is a full bathroom with ceramic tile floor, a claw footed soaking tub and a corner walk-in shower with a unique rounded glass door.
And there’s more…the finished lower level has a plush carpeted Recreation Room with a cheery painted mural, a washer, dryer and utility sink tucked behind doors, a utility room and plenty of storage space.
Loving care and thoughtful updates have kept this fine home fresh and modern. 66 Chatham Street brings generous living spaces, desirable location and a pretty setting together into one fabulous package.
Floor by Floor Details of 66 Chatham Street, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings light fixture; open to Living Room and access to Kitchen
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, fireplace with decorative wood mantel, brick surround and hearth, built-in shelves, cabinets and stained glass windows flanking fireplace, 3 large windows with wood blinds and broad entry to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, large horizontal leaded glass window, crown moldings, light fixture, beveled glass paned door to wraparound deck, doorway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, high end stainless appliances including JennAir electric cooktop/oven, JennAir refrigerator/freezer and Bosch dishwasher, white cabinetry with glass fronted accent doors, Corian counters, ceramic tile backsplash with painted floral accents, recessed lighting, skylights and pendant fixture; dining alcove with window, window seat and wood blinds; pocket door to Full Bath and access to lower level and side door
- Full Bath with Corian vanity with sink and cabinet below, tile floor, walk-in shower with tile walls
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, working fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround and hearth, double closet and additional closet, 5 windows with wood blinds
- Bedroom #2 with carpet (hardwood floors below), decorative crown moldings, large closet, light fixture and 2 windows with wood blinds
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, 2 windows with wood blinds and access to attic stairway
- Full Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor, rounded corner walk-in shower with glass door and ½ tiled wall, pedestal sink, claw footed soaking tub, subway tile ½ wall, cabinet with glass fronted doors, and2 light fixtures
- Large finished Recreation Room with carpet, decorative painted wall mural and washer/dryer and utility sink alcove behind doors, recessed lights, storage closet and additional storage under stairs, grade level windows
- Steam heat and window AC units
- ADT security system
- Exterior paint (2015)
- Driveway resurfaced (2015)
- Hall bathroom shower (2015)
- Electrical voltage increased (2014)
- New rear deck with direct gas line and built-in flower boxes (2014)
- Finished basement (2013)
Attic fan (2013)
- Fully fenced-in flat backyard with large storage shed
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.