Picture Perfect Updated Starter Home in Chatham BoroChatham
66 Chatham St Chatham, NJ 07928
- 66 Chatham St
- 0.16 acres
- 2 Full
66 Chatham St Chatham, NJ 07928
New Listing For Sale! Call Sue Adler 973-936-9129
Welcome to 66 Chatham Street where you’ll feel right at home in this charming 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home in the heart of the tree-lined streets of Chatham. Within walking distance to the train, downtown shopping, restaurants and schools, this prime location is sure to please.
Step right into the warm and inviting Living Room with hardwood floors and stately wood burning fireplace. The wood mantel and brick surround provide an impressive backdrop for gatherings both large and small. Proceed through a broad entry into the formal Dining Room that’s highlighted by a unique horizontal leaded glass window and has easy access to the large raised deck featuring built-in flowerboxes overlooking a beautiful, fully fenced in backyard with endless opportunities for outdoor play and hobbies. Preparing meals in the nearby Kitchen is a dream with high-end stainless steel appliances, crisp white cabinetry that’s accented by a decorative ceramic tile backsplash and abundant Corian counter space with light streaming in from the skylight above. The dining alcove featuring a large window and window seat below is a wonderful place for a quick snack or a casual meal and is conveniently located next to a full Bath.
Everyone will find their own personal retreat in one of three bedrooms on the second level – 2 with hardwood floors, and one with plush carpet with hardwood underneath. With 5 large windows, the light and airy Master Bedroom boasts a working wood burning fireplace that is truly special on a cold winter night. Conveniently located down the hall is a full bathroom with ceramic tile floor, a claw footed soaking tub and a corner walk-in shower with a unique rounded glass door.
And there’s more…the finished lower level has a plush carpeted Recreation Room with a cheery painted mural, a washer, dryer and utility sink tucked behind doors, a utility room and plenty of storage space.
Loving care and thoughtful updates have kept this fine home fresh and modern. 66 Chatham Street brings generous living spaces, desirable location and a pretty setting together into one fabulous package.
Floor by Floor Details of 66 Chatham Street, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings light fixture; open to Living Room and access to Kitchen
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, fireplace with decorative wood mantel, brick surround and hearth, built-in shelves, cabinets and stained glass windows flanking fireplace, 3 large windows with wood blinds and broad entry to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, large horizontal leaded glass window, crown moldings, light fixture, beveled glass paned door to wraparound deck, doorway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, high end stainless appliances including JennAir electric cooktop/oven, JennAir refrigerator/freezer and Bosch dishwasher, white cabinetry with glass fronted accent doors, Corian counters, ceramic tile backsplash with painted floral accents, recessed lighting, skylights and pendant fixture; dining alcove with window, window seat and wood blinds; pocket door to Full Bath and access to lower level and side door
- Full Bath with Corian vanity with sink and cabinet below, tile floor, walk-in shower with tile walls
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, working fireplace with wood mantel and brick surround and hearth, double closet and additional closet, 5 windows with wood blinds
- Bedroom #2 with carpet (hardwood floors below), decorative crown moldings, large closet, light fixture and 2 windows with wood blinds
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, 2 windows with wood blinds and access to attic stairway
- Full Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor, rounded corner walk-in shower with glass door and ½ tiled wall, pedestal sink, claw footed soaking tub, subway tile ½ wall, cabinet with glass fronted doors, and2 light fixtures
- Large finished Recreation Room with carpet, decorative painted wall mural and washer/dryer and utility sink alcove behind doors, recessed lights, storage closet and additional storage under stairs, grade level windows
- Steam heat and window AC units
- ADT security system
- Exterior paint (2015)
- Driveway resurfaced (2015)
- Hall bathroom shower (2015)
- Electrical voltage increased (2014)
- New rear deck with direct gas line and built-in flower boxes (2014)
- Finished basement (2013)
Attic fan (2013)
- Fully fenced-in flat backyard with large storage shed
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.