7 Overlook Terrace, Short Hills, NJ 07078Short Hills
7 Overlook Terrace, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 7 Overlook Terrace
- Short Hills
- 3 full, 2 half
Listing for Sale! 7 Overlook Terrace, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Move right in to this meticulously maintained 5 bedroom, 3 full baths and two half bath colonial located in sought after Glenwood section of Short Hills. Top notch Millburn schools, a short distance to downtown Millburn and nearby Short Hills train station. Refinished hardwood floors, freshly painted and numerous upgrades throughout! 1st level features spectacular renovated Kitchen with custom cabinetry, quartz countertops, center island with breakfast bar and stainless steel appliances, open to Dining Room. Elegant Living Room with gas fireplace and full wall built-in storage, fantastic light filled Family Room and conveniently located Home Office. Sun-drenched 2nd level features Master Bedroom Suite with tray ceiling and luxurious spa-like Master Bath, 4 additional Bedrooms, 2 remodeled hall baths and fully equipped Laundry Room. Third level Bonus Room with so many options for use! Don’t miss this prized home!
A short drive through the tree lined streets of the Glenwood section of Short Hills will bring you to 7 Overlook Drive. Here you’ll find a meticulously maintained colonial boasting numerous upgrades and additions to assure a current and fresh appeal.
The bluestone walkway guides you to the front door and into the Entry Hallway where you will get your first glimpse of all that the home has to offer. Warm toned hardwood floors, freshly painted interiors and a classic center staircase provide the backdrop for all your living and entertaining options. Proceed through the broad archway to the left into the gracious Living Room where a large gas fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround serves as the focal point of the room and a full wall custom built-in with a charming window seat assures extensive storage space along with additional seating when hosting family and friends. Continue on through French doors into the spacious Family Room where large windows bathe the room in natural light and outdoor views are sure to please. Just steps down the hall you’ll find a conveniently located Powder Room and a handsome Home Office. Here you can finish up daily paperwork while gazing out at the private backyard just outside.
At the heart of the home is the newly renovated Kitchen that’s sure to please even the most discerning of chefs. Prepare to be wowed by the sleek new look of fresh white cabinetry with quartz countertops and new stainless steel appliances and open access to the neighboring Dining Room. Enjoy a quick snack at the 4-seat breakfast bar set below striking chrome pendant lights, or sit down to dine in style in the elegant Dining Room with large windows, gleaming hardwood floors and French doors that lead back to the entry. Upon viewing you’ll certainly see what great flow this home has for entertaining!
When it’s time to retire for the night, the second level awaits with 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths to assure everyone’s complete comfort. The Master Suite includes a spacious Bedroom with tray ceiling, rich hardwood floors, plenty of closet space, and a luxurious newly renovated en suite marble bath. Four additional generously sized bedrooms and 2 newly renovated hall baths assure privacy and comfort for family and guests. But that’s not all… a large Bonus Room on the third level provides so many options for use…Recreation Room, Artist Studio, Play Room, Home Gym…the choice is yours to use as you see fit! And there’s more…a finished lower level is home to a carpeted Recreation Room, a Powder Room and an unfinished utility room with plenty of storage space.
With its sought after location within walking distance of Downtown Millburn and NYC transportation, access to Blue Ribbon schools and world class shopping and restaurants, 7 Overlook Terrace is move-in ready and just waiting for you to make it your home!
Floor by Floor Details of 7 Overlook Terrace, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, wood door with sidelights, crown molding, crystal ceiling fixture, coat closet; French doors to Dining Room, archway to Living Room, access to center staircase
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, crown molding, chandelier, 2 windows with wood blinds; open to Kitchen
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, custom cabinetry with Carrera finish quartz counter tops, subway tile backsplash, recessed lighting, enter island with 4-seat breakfast bar, storage cabinets, quartz counter tops and 2 pendant lights above, high end stainless steel appliances including KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid 5-burner range with oven below and Broan hood above, built-in Whirlpool microwave, KitchenAid dishwasher, full wall pantry cabinet with slide out drawers, stainless steel sink with filtered water spout and window above; open to rear hallway with large pantry closet
- Family Room with double door entry from rear hallway, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding, large picture window plus 2 additional windows; French doors to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown molding, full wall built-in storage unit with pullout drawers and window seat, windows with wood blinds, gas fireplace with carved wood mantel, original stone surround and hearth and framed mirror above; archway to entry foyer
- Office with hardwood floors, full windowed wall with French door to backyard, crown molding, pendant light
- Powder Room featuring marble tile floor with decorative accents, pedestal sink, mirror and light fixture
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, linen closet, separate hallway to Master Suite
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, tray ceiling, recessed lighting, 4 windows with wood blinds, walk-in closet with custom shelving, en suite bath featuring 24” marble tile floor, subway tile backsplash and half wall, vanity with marble counter top, 2 sconces above and cabinets below, recessed lights, walk-in shower with glass door, subway tile walls, built-in marble topped bench, rain shower head and additional shower head, built-in marble corner shelves
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 windows with wood blinds, crown molding, ceiling fixture, double door closet
- Hall Bath #1 with tile floor, wall mount sink, mirrored built-in medicine chest, light fixture, ceiling fixture, window, linen closet with shelving, 4 additional linen cabinets, corner shower with glass door and hand held shower head
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown molding, ceiling fixture, 2 windows with wood blinds, deep closet
- Hall Bath #2 with tile floor and ½ tiled wall, pedestal sink, shower over tub with tiled walls, mirrored medicine chest, 2 sconces, window with wood blinds, full wall linen/medicine) cabinet
- Laundry Room with French door entry, ceramic tile floor, LG stackable, front loading washer and dryer, window with wood blinds, cabinets with quartz folding surface, recessed light
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, 2 windows with wood blinds, ceiling fan with light, crown molding, double door closets
- Bedroom #5 with dormer ceiling, hardwood floors, recessed lights, storage closet, 2 windows
- Bonus Room with dormer ceiling, hardwood floors, window, recessed lights, built-in shelf with hardwood top, access to utilities, unfinished storage closet; open to staircase
- Recreation Room with carpet, bead board wainscoting, recessed lighting, grade level window
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, pedestal sink, crown molding, bead board wainscoting; access to utilities
- Unfinished Utility Room with utility sink, supplemental washing machine and refrigerator/freezer
- Full house renovation including: New second floor master bedroom suite, Third floor bedroom and bonus room, 2nd Floor Laundry room, Kitchen, 1st Floor office, Family room expansion and Bathrooms completed 2015; refinished hardwood floors throughout, full Kitchen remodel including new appliances, all recessed lights converted to LED, new Norwood windows installed, solid wood doors with Baldwin hardware
- 2-Zone forced air heating and AC
- 2- car temperature controlled (Heat and AC) garage with electric door (new 2015), motion sensor, LED lights, door to backyard, 2 windows
- Exterior painting (2015)
- New roof installed (2010 and 2014)
- Kohler 20 kw whole house natural gas generator with auto-transfer switch
- Fully fenced in backyard with bluestone patio and fieldstone retaining wall
Visit The Community
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place. Millburn Township Schools are top notch. Millburn High School is consistently ranked not only #1 in the state of New Jersey, but also one of the top in the entire country. Millburn High School is a Blue Ribbon School. There are 5 elementary Schools, all consistently ranking among the top in NJ’s annual School Report Card: Glenwood, Hartshorn and Deerfield all serve the Short Hills residents, and South Mountain and Wyoming Schools are the elementary schools for Millburn residents. Millburn Middle School has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on the state assessments. It also has a Peer Leadership program where the 8th grade students engage in community service.
With easy access via rail, highway, bus and air, it is understandable why Short Hills is a popular choice for young professionals moving from Manhattan. A railroad station is conveniently located in the heart of Short Hills, and New York Pennsylvania Station is just a 35 to 40 minute ride on NJ Transit’s Midtown Direct Train Line.
Going to downtown Manhattan? The PATH Rapid Transit System takes commuters straight into New York’s financial district. Commuter parking lots are available to residents of Millburn/Short Hills. Parking at the Millburn and Short Hills train stations is on a first come, first served basis. Permits cost $560 per year and are issued by the Tax Collector at Millburn Town Hall, 375 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, 07041. For more information call 973-564-7083 during office hours. By car, routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway are all within easy access. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20-minute drive away.