Rare 2.5 Acre Harding-like Property in ChathamChatham
781 Fairmount Ave Chatham, NJ 07928
- 781 Fairmount Ave
- 2.55 acres
- 2 full, 1 half
781 Fairmount Avenue, Chatham, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team For More Information 973-936-9129
New Price! $1,175,000
781 Fairmount Ave in Chatham offers the perfect combination of size, functionality, location, and charm and is only 10 minutes from the Summit Train Station which has the most trains to NYC and the best parking! With four large bedrooms, extra recreation space, and an enviable yard, your family will have plenty of room to live, play, and grow. The first thing you’ll notice about 781 Fairmount Avenue is the home’s park-like setting. Seated on 2.5 acres of land – which backs up onto a lovely park – this property offers a wooded area, in addition to a large green yard and professional landscaping. Mature plants and trees adorn the property, giving you a sense of peace and calm. For entertaining, the yard also includes a wood deck with gas hookup for summer parties.
From the long driveway that leads to an attached three-car garage, walk up the flagstone pathway and open the front door to the Foyer. Let the grand staircase and two-floor ceilings take your breath away. Beautiful hardwood floors run throughout the whole home and large windows flood the entire house with invigorating natural light. Keep your coats and shoes hidden away in the Foyer’s two coat closets as you enter the grand Living Room.
From the magnificent wood-burning fireplace that features a marble hearth to the detailed tray ceilings, the Living Room is sure to impress your guests for years to come. You also have a Formal Dining Room with a handsome chandelier and lovely wall sconces to host your friends and family. Proceed into the Kitchen, which is any cook’s dreams come true. You’ll never have to worry about prep space, thanks to an oversized granite island and an expanse of granite counter space. The Kitchen boasts top of the line JennAir and GE appliances. Put your kitchen table under the attractive hanging lights and you can look out onto the beautiful backyard while you eat family dinner at night. Off the Kitchen is a convenient First Floor Laundry Room with access to the giant three-car garage. On the other side of the Kitchen is a fabulous Family Room with sweeping high ceilings, wood burning fireplace and two skylights. Work from home and store your entire book collection in the home’s Study, which features handsomely detailed hardwood floors. The First Floor also includes a Powder Room for guests.
Head up the breathtaking staircase to the Second Level. Thanks to a Hallway Loft that overlooks the Foyer and Family Room, this home has a light and open ambience. The Master Bedroom is a true beauty, with huge windows, high ceilings, and two large walk-in closets – with all the shoe and clothes storage you’ll ever need. Your place of retreat might just be the Master Bathroom. The vanity includes granite countertops and two sinks, with an abundance of storage space. A huge deep-soaking bathtub with Jacuzzi jets is the perfect spot to relax and unwind. For the morning shower, a large tiled shower is waiting for you on the other side of the Master Bathroom.
There are three more well sized bedrooms on the Second Floor with hardwood floors and ample closet space. The Hallway Bathroom has a bathtub and shower, as well as a lovely granite vanity and large mirror. The adjacent Linen Closet is ideal for storage. One of the real gems of this home is the Second Floor Bonus Room. You could use this space as a guest room, twins’ rooms, or fun recreation room. The space is large enough to fit a full pool table or even a movie projection screen. With two skylights and gleaming hardwood floors, it’s the perfect space to entertain, live, or relax. Finally, the unfinished Basement is large, clean, and dry. You’ll have all the room you’ll ever need to store holiday decorations, keepsakes, and family treasures.
Chatham, NJ boasts top-rated schools, a charming downtown area, and 50-minute commute to Midtown Manhattan via the NJ Transit train station in town. From 781 Fairmount, you are merely minutes away from the train station, the world-class Short Hills Mall, and major highways, including the Garden State Parkway, Route 24, and Route 78.
Floor by Floor Details of 781 Fairmount Avenue, Chatham
- Foyer with tile floors, two coat closets, two-floor ceilings, and chandelier
- Formal Living Room with hardwood floors, tray ceilings, wood-burning fireplace, and with wood mantle with dentil molding and marble hearth
- Formal Dining Room with hardwood floors, high ceilings, chair railing, crown molding, chandelier, and wall sconces
- Kitchen with hardwood floor, high ceilings, granite countertops, island, mosaic backsplash, farmhouse-style double stainless steel sink, trash compactor, GE dishwasher, built-in JennAir microwave, JennAir refrigerator, JennAir countertop stovetop, JennAir wall oven, recessed lighting, hanging light fixture, spaces for kitchen table, and sliding glass doors to the deck
- Laundry Room with tile floors, high ceilings, extra sink, washer/dryer, pantry, and storage cabinets
- Powder Room with tile floors, high ceilings, granite –topped vanity with storage, and mirror
- Family Room with hardwood floors, high ceilings, wood-burning fireplace with wood mantle and marble hearth, two-floor ceilings, two skylights, ceiling fan and access to outdoor wolmanized wood deck
- Study with high ceilings, French Doors and detailed hardwood floors
- Hallway with hardwood floors, loft overlooking the First Level, and recessed lighting
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, large windows, tray ceilings, two walk-in closets with shelves and shoe storage, and en-suite Master Bathroom
- Master Bathroom with marble floors and wall, deep, extra-large Jacuzzi tub, large stand-up shower with glass door and marble walls, double granite-topped vanity with additional storage underneath, recessed lighting, and a skylight
- Hallway Bathroom with granite vanity, tile floors, and bathtub/shower combo
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors and a closet
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors and a closet
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors and a closet
- Bonus Room/Bedroom #5 with hardwood floors and two skylights
- Unfinished Basement with high ceilings, lots of storage space and two dehumidifiers
- Three-Car Garage, situated off the laundry room; includes additional storage space and high ceilings
Additional Features and Upgrades
- Hot Water Heater (2015)
- Timberline Roof (2010)
- Central Vacuuming System
- Multi-Room Fios Connection
- Intercom System
- Security System with cellular backup
- Dual Zone Central HVAC
- Outdoor lighting system (driveway and front walkway)
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.