Charm and character are the hallmarks of this well cared for home in intown Summit location
8 Hillside Ave Summit, NJ 07901 – SOLD!
MLS#2934820 New price! Charm and character are the hallmarks of this well cared for home on quiet one way street in intown Summit location,1 block from elementary & town, and only a few from train.
This already exceptional home has the potential to be extraordinary! Requires some renovations, the main level is fabulous but bathrooms and third floor need your special touches. House is being sold in as-is condition and inspection report is available upon request.
- The welcoming entry foyer immediately introduces you to the glowing hardwood flooring and woodworking details that you’ll find throughout and the arched doorways invite you to explore more.
- The formal dining room has a corner fireplace and built-in china cabinets with leaded glass detailing that lead you to imagine intimate dinner parties with your close friends and family.
- The renovated island kitchen houses everything you would desire, ample counter space, custom cabinetry, granite counters,double ovens and a breakfast bar.
- Exit through the French doors to the large deck and easily enjoy the outdoor space and seasonal BBQ’s!
- Enjoy both a formal Living room and a spacious Family room on the first floor.
- The Family room addition is flowing with natural light from the palladium window and has access to the large well maintained side yard.
- The main floor also includes a guest suite with fireplace and full bathroom, first floor laundry, pantry, ample closet/storage space.
- Retreat to the Master Suite with charming corner fireplace, walk in closet, his and hers closets and renovated full bath with double vanities, jetted tub and stall shower.
- The second level also includes space for a home office, 2 additional bedrooms and a hall bath
- The third floor is a welcome surprise, in need of renovations* but has huge potential! 2/3 bedrooms, plumbed for full bath ready for your renovations and additional storage, perfect as a teen suite or nanny quarters.
- Large side yard and 2 car detached garage with stone paver driveway.
All of this and an easy commute to NYC, top rated schools, shopping, recreation and parks!
*house is being sold in as-is condition and inspection report is available upon request.
Listing Price: $1,175,000
Address: 8 Hillside Ave
Zip Code: 07901
MLS #: 2934820
Summit school district, consists of five elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 - Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington. There is one Middle School, and one high school. Summit High School is one of the top rated in NJ. Here's the Profile of Summit High School's Class of 2010.
For early education, The Summit Primary Centers at Wilson and Jefferson, provide Summit's preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education. There is a lottery for the preschool.
Additionally, Summit after school programs are free and open to children in grades 6-12. They run all year, with expanded programs during the summer. There are plenty of other options as well to keep kids occupied during summer vacation, with a good selection of local summer camps, including the Academic Institute at Oak Knoll School, Kent Place School, creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The City of Summit Recreation Department, and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
The Summit Area Community School (SACS) is a non-profit organization for residents of Summit and surrounding communities, offering classes ranging from languages, art and literature to music and career development, and even tutorials with Princeton professors. Adult classes run during the day, evening and on Saturdays for people high school age and above. For children in grades 1-4, Saturday morning classes are available through the Summit Area Community Kids (SACK) program.
Visit www.njtransit.com for train schedule. For parking permit info, applications may be mailed or dropped off at The Summit Permit Center, 71 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ 07901.They can be reached by phone at 908-522-1700. All residents who use the long term resident parking lots need to have the new white permit displayed on vehicles. Those vehicles without the new parking permit will be ticketed. Those with pre-paid permits are issued hanging tags to place on their rearview mirror. Those who pay daily will receive a sticker.
Resident Owned Vehicles: Valid NJ registration showing your name and current Summit home address. Lease of Company Owned:Valid NJ driver's license showing your name and current summit home address and valid NJ registration for leased or company owned vehicle and valid insurance card showing your Summit home address, if you pay, or recent personal residential phone, internet or cable bill, if the company pays the insurance. Permits can be prepaid or you can pay per day. Pre-paid rates are $80 a month, $175 for the quarter or $600 for the year. If you choose to pay daily, you will need to pay $4 per day at the machines located in the garage.
Non-Resident Parking Permits are available at the following rates: Monthly $110, Quarterly $330, Annually $1,165.