Charm and character are the hallmarks of this well cared for home in intown Summit locationSummit
8 Hillside Ave Summit, NJ 07901 – SOLD!
- 8 Hillside Ave
MLS#2934820 New price! Charm and character are the hallmarks of this well cared for home on quiet one way street in intown Summit location,1 block from elementary & town, and only a few from train.
This already exceptional home has the potential to be extraordinary! Requires some renovations, the main level is fabulous but bathrooms and third floor need your special touches. House is being sold in as-is condition and inspection report is available upon request.
- The welcoming entry foyer immediately introduces you to the glowing hardwood flooring and woodworking details that you’ll find throughout and the arched doorways invite you to explore more.
- The formal dining room has a corner fireplace and built-in china cabinets with leaded glass detailing that lead you to imagine intimate dinner parties with your close friends and family.
- The renovated island kitchen houses everything you would desire, ample counter space, custom cabinetry, granite counters,double ovens and a breakfast bar.
- Exit through the French doors to the large deck and easily enjoy the outdoor space and seasonal BBQ’s!
- Enjoy both a formal Living room and a spacious Family room on the first floor.
- The Family room addition is flowing with natural light from the palladium window and has access to the large well maintained side yard.
- The main floor also includes a guest suite with fireplace and full bathroom, first floor laundry, pantry, ample closet/storage space.
- Retreat to the Master Suite with charming corner fireplace, walk in closet, his and hers closets and renovated full bath with double vanities, jetted tub and stall shower.
- The second level also includes space for a home office, 2 additional bedrooms and a hall bath
- The third floor is a welcome surprise, in need of renovations* but has huge potential! 2/3 bedrooms, plumbed for full bath ready for your renovations and additional storage, perfect as a teen suite or nanny quarters.
- Large side yard and 2 car detached garage with stone paver driveway.
All of this and an easy commute to NYC, top rated schools, shopping, recreation and parks!
*house is being sold in as-is condition and inspection report is available upon request.
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.