Picture Perfect 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath Custom Colonial
- 5 full, 1 half
- $5,925 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
SOLD! Listing For Sale! 82 May Drive, Chatham, NJ 07928
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-464-9129!
Move right in to this picture perfect 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath custom colonial, situated on nearly half an acre of sprawling grounds in the center of the sought after Rolling Hill section of Chatham Township. This 6,600+ square foot gem was built in 2009 by S. DeMarzo & Sons, with the ultimate in attention to craftsmanship and design. No detail has been spared in this home’s construction, which includes high ceilings, open and airy floor plan, elaborate crown moldings, handsome wainscoting, stunning custom finishes and so much more. Excellent flow for both entertaining and daily life with chef’s dream gourmet kitchen with top of the line appliances, Living Room with fireplace, spacious Family Room with fireplace, coffered ceiling and built-in surround sound system, handsome Home Office, Master Bedroom suite with tray ceilings, luxurious en suite bath, massive walk in closet and dressing area and conveniently located Home Gym, finished lower level and versatile third level, oversized two car garage, as well as a bonus detached garage all assures plenty of space for your needs. Unparalleled design combined with the ultimate in modern amenities and the most elegant craftsmanship makes this home truly one of a kind!
Floor by Floor Details of 82 May Drive, Chatham, NJ 07927
- Entry Foyer with front to back views, hardwood floors, raised panel wainscoting, deep crown moldings, faux painting, detailed woodwork archways to Living Room, Dining Room, Powder Room, Kitchen and Family Room and rear hallway with staircase and guest coat closet
- Living Room with hardwood floors, bay window and 2 additional windows with window treatments, recessed lighting, deep crown moldings, faux paint finishes, gas fireplace with intricately carved wood mantel and granite surround, ceiling speakers
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, raised panel wainscoting, deep crown molding, bay window with window treatment, intricately carved entrance archway, ceiling speakers, doorway to Butlers Pantry
- Butler’s Pantry with hardwood floors, full wall custom cherry cabinetry with shelving for china storage, glass fronted accent panels, granite countertop, under cabinet lighting, 2 Fisher & Paykel dishwasher drawers, stainless steel prep sink; access to Kitchen
- Open Floor Plan with multi-zone sound system, allows large space for family gatherings spanning between the Kitchen, Breakfast and Family Room area that opens to a large deck and spacious flat grass backyard – great for children, soccer, playing catch, lacrosse or an creating ice rink in the winter
- Kitchen featuring custom cherry cabinetry with glass fronted accents and custom fitted drawers, hardwood floors, granite countertops, tile backsplash, recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, high end Thermador appliances including, stainless steel Professional 6-burner range with oven below, carved wood hood above and 2 hidden integrated pullout spice racks on each side, Professional Thermador wall oven with microwave, convection setting and warming drawer; refrigerator/freezer with integrated cabinetry panel, farmhouse sink with filtered water spout, soap dispenser and hand sprayer, window and grass cloth shade above, large center island with carved wood details and breakfast bar, Marvel beverage refrigerator, built-in desk with file drawers, granite counter top, tile backsplash and glass fronted cabinets above, ceiling speakers; open to Breakfast Room, rear Mud Room hallway and Office
- Breakfast Area with hardwood floors, cherry crown molding, full windowed wall with French doors leading to deck; broad archway and divider wall to Family Room, open to foyer and staircase to second level
- Family Room with hardwood floors, full windowed wall and 2 additional windows with grass cloth shades, coffered ceiling, recessed lighting, ceiling speakers with surround sound, fireplace with stone surround, raised slate hearth and mantel; broad archway to rear hallway staircase and access to lower level
- Powder Room with furniture style vanity with marble top, crown molding, marble tile floor, recessed lighting, hand painted mirror
- Office with hardwood floors, custom wood cabinetry with drawers, cabinets and bookshelves, chair rail, crown molding, grass cloth wall paper, bay window and window seat in additional window with wood blinds
- Staircase with wood risers, raised panel wainscoting, landing with Palladian window with plantation shutters leads to gallery landing running full length of the home with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, broom closet and rear staircases to first level and third level
- Master Bedroom Suite with double door entry featuring hardwood floors, tray ceiling, crown molding, recessed lighting, ceiling speakers for TV and sound system, large picture window plus 2 additional windows with wood blinds, separate dressing area with hardwood floors, custom wood built-in vanity with drawers and marble countertop (wall mount for TV), linen closet and additional closet and expansive walk-in closet with custom cherry shelving, window with wood shades, light fixture, hardwood floor and access to Home Gym/Optional Bedroom and en suite bath featuring marble tile floor, His & Hers vanities with marble counter tops, custom wood cabinetry below and large framed mirrors above, Kohler jetted tub with marble surround and large window with plantation shutters above, tiled walk-in shower with built-in bench, rain showerhead, hand held showerhead, recessed lights, separate commode with recessed light and window with plantation shutters
- Home Gym/Bedroom #5 (with direct access to Master Dressing Room) with hardwood floor, full mirrored wall, double closet with shelving and hanging area, large picture window with wood blinds, wall mount for TV, doorway to gallery landing
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lights, large windows with wood blinds and window treatments, 2 double closets with custom shelving, en suite bath with ceramic tile, marble topped vanity with cabinets below and framed mirror above, shower over tub with subway tile, linen closet with shelving, recessed lights
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown molding, wood shelves, recessed lights, double window with window treatments, walk-in closet with custom shelving, Jack & Jill en suite bath (shared via hallway access with Bedroom #4) featuring 2 sink marble topped vanity with cabinets below and and framed mirror above, ceramic tile floor, stall shower with ceramic tile walls, separate commode, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, crown molding, recessed lights, 2 windows with window treatments, double door closet with shelving, access to Jack & Jill bath (shared with Bedroom #3)
- Laundry Room with Kenmore Duet washer and dryer, utility sink with folding surface, cabinets above and below, ceramic tile floor, wood blinds on 2 windows, linen closet with shelving
- Flexible Guest Suite with hardwood floors, recessed lights, windows with window treatments, crown molding, ceiling sound system and speakers, finished walk-in closet, access to abundant walk-in attic storage space (1,500+ square feet unfinished), Full Bath featuring marble topped vanity with cabinet below, ceramic tile floor, crown molding, tiled stall shower with glass door, window with wood shades
- Expansive Recreation Room with multi-zone sound and speaker system, carpet, grade level windows, bead board wainscoting, recessed lighting, rear staircase to garage
- Game Room with double door entry, bead board wainscoting, carpet, storage closets, recessed lighting, sconce
- 3 Utility Rooms (500+ square feet unfinished) with wine cooler, workbench and additional storage
- Full Bath with marble topped vanity with cherry cabinets below and framed mirror above, light fixture, stall shower with glass door and tiled walls, ceramic tile floor
- More than 2,000 square feet of unfinished and accessible space on Lower Level and Third Floor
- 9 foot ceilings throughout upper levels, 8 foot in lower level
- 3 Zone forced air Heat and AC with humidifying system
- 20 KW Generac Generator
- Motion activated outdoor lighting and outdoor landscape lighting
- DSC security system
- Russound multi-zone sound system throughout house on all levels
- 3-car garage – 2 car attached heated garage with electric door and 1 car detached garage with electric door (flexible for alternate use as workshop, artist studio etc.)
- Professionally landscaped property with perennial garden, specimen plantings, shrubbery for privacy wall, rock garden, flat grass backyard, deck with direct gas line to barbecue, outdoor sound system
- Single owner with no pets
- Owner upgrades post purchase: 20KW automatic Generac generator; custom built-in office; bathroom upgrades (powder room, Jack and Jill bath, 3rd Floor bathroom); significant installation of recessed lighting in bathrooms, bedrooms and throughout the home; extension of master closet to home gym with mirrors; master dressing room custom built-ins; built-in closets Bedroom #2 and #3, built-in multi-zone sound surround system with ceiling speakers; window treatments; fireplace fittings; humidifier multi-zoned system; outside spotlights, motion sensor and landscape lights; and extensive landscaping
Welcome to 82 May Drive, a spectacular move in ready home on a sought after street in the heart of the prestigious Rolling Hill section of Chatham Township. No detail has been spared in this home’s design that includes a modern and convenient open floor plan, high ceilings, elaborate crown moldings, handsome wainscoting, custom finishes and so much more.
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed through a covered front portico into the grand Entry Foyer and your first taste of the finely appointed details found throughout the home. Broad archways with deep crown moldings and intricate millwork lead to each of the spacious living and dining spaces on the first level. An airy Living Room on the left boasts custom finishes, a bay window, ceiling sound system, and an elegant fireplace around which family and guests can gather, which conveniently opens to the Formal Dining Room on the opposite side of the foyer. The Dining Room features a large bay window, ceiling sound system, warm toned hardwood floors and custom wall finishes. A centrally located Butler’s Pantry equipped with custom cabinetry with plenty of storage space, granite counters, 2 dishwasher drawers, prep sink and access to the Kitchen makes entertaining here a breeze. Preparing meals is a pleasure in the chefs dream kitchen highlighted by top of the line appliances set in rich cherry cabinetry with carved detailing and fine granite countertops. It’s the perfect place to prepare a quick snack to be eaten at the center island breakfast bar or a casual meal enjoyed in the adjacent Breakfast Room featuring a full windowed wall with French doors leading to the deck and backyard greenery. The open Kitchen and Breakfast Room are central to the design of the first floor and flow conveniently to the spacious Family Room, which is highlighted by a coffered ceiling, surround sound system and a fireplace with floor to ceiling stone surround that is the focal point of the room. Enjoy the flickering flames as you cozy up in a comfortable chair with your favorite book or watch a movie with friends. A conveniently located Powder Room, a handsome Home Office and a Mud Room with built-in storage cubbies complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day, proceed up the stately staircase to the second level where everyone will find their own personal retreat. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Bedroom Suite that spans the full length of the second level. Here, you’ll instantly be wowed by the spacious bedroom with a ceiling sound system, spa like en suite bath, dressing room with custom vanity, walk-in closet with custom cherry shelving and a home gym that will surely make your morning workouts a pleasure. 3 additional bedrooms and 2 baths are sure to meet all family needs while a 2nd level Laundry Room provides the ultimate in convenience. Continue on to the 3rd level where an expansive and versatile Suite with a ceiling sound system and full bath that provides an enormous amount of flexibility for use as well as extensive storage space options.
And there’s more…the finished lower level includes a fully carpeted Recreation Room and Game Room with built-in sound system speakers, a full bath, large utility and storage spaces and a staircase leading out to the garage. Outdoors, a spacious deck with gas grill is fabulous for outdoor entertaining while overlooking stunning gardens, colorful perennials and expansive green lawns. An added plus is the detached garage that provides flexible space that works as a workshop, artist studio and more.
Custom details combined with the ultimate in modern amenities make this home truly special. With access to top notch schools, word class shopping and dining and easy NYC commute, 82 May Drive is a fabulous home that must not be missed!
DETAILS & FEATURES
- 9 foot ceilings
- 3 Zone Heat/AC
- 20 KW Generator
- DSC security system
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
|10Chatham High School||9-12||255 Lafayette Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928|
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Ahrre’s Coffee Roastery Serves Up Fresh Roast and Fresh Brew in Summit!READ MORE
Listing Success Beyond the Spring SeasonREAD MORE
“In The Know” Summer Editions are Here!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC