96 Glenmere Dr, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 2 full, 1 half
- $3,862 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Spacious Wickham Woods Colonial boasts light-filled rooms, hardwood floors throughout and nearly half an acre of lushly landscaped property. Priced for you to renovate kitchen and baths. See pre-inspection punchlist items and contractor estimate. Home is being sold as-is. Any buyer inspections should be completed prior to making offer. Eat-in kitchen with sliders to oversized raised deck. Elegant Living Room and Family Room with wood burning fireplaces. French doors lead to Sun Room featuring wet bar, built in Entertainment Center and additional access to deck and backyard. Gracious Master Bedroom Suite with dressing/sitting room, walk-in closet and en suite bath. Lower Level features spacious Recreation Room with dry bar and backyard access. Don’t miss this great family home in this sought-after family neighborhood!
The tree-lined streets of Chatham Township are just an inviting prelude to the home at 96 Glenmere Road in sought after Wickham Woods, a stately colonial with wonderful curbside appeal and flexible living spaces. You’ll be instantly drawn in as you approach this special home that’s surrounded by lush lawns and breathtaking flowering shrubbery. A short walk up the bluestone path and through the wooden door leads you into the welcoming Entry Foyer and your first glimpse of all that this home has to offer.
Proceed through a broad archway into the formal Living Room where hardwood floors gleam from light streaming in through large windows. Gather in front of the impressive fireplace with detailed wood mantel and painted brick surround while entertaining groups large and small. Just across the foyer is the elegant Dining Room also adorned with hardwood floors, large windows and a magnificent crystal chandelier. A more elegant dining setting will be hard to find. The adjacent Kitchen features a large center island, conveniently located appliances and plenty of storage space found in the crisp white cabinetry. It’s the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack served at the breakfast bar. The adjacent Breakfast Area features a built-in desk area and deck/backyard access. After dining, retire to the Study to cozy up with an engrossing book as you relax in front of flickering flames, or if you prefer, grab an after-dinner drink from the built-in bar located in the impressive Family Room that’s right through an elegant French door entry from the Study. A pair of sliding doors just to the left lead to the spacious raised wooden deck where you’re sure to enjoy al fresco entertaining beneath a canopy of mature trees on a warm summer evening. A conveniently located Powder Room just off the Kitchen completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, proceed up the center staircase to one of the 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 baths on the Second Level. The light filled Master Suite awaits boasting hardwood floors, large windows and plenty of storage space found in the large walk-in closet located just off an inviting Dressing/Sitting Area. An en suite bath with spacious 2-sink vanity, plenty of cabinets and a walk-in shower is sure to meet daily needs. Three additional bedrooms with plenty of closet space and an abundance of daylight assure everyone enjoys their own personal retreat with the convenience of a Full Hall Bath just outside.
And there’s more…the Lower Level is home to a spacious Recreation Room highlighted by a sit down dry bar where you are sure to congregate when enjoying fun times with family and friends. A pair of sliding doors leads to a lushly landscaped backyard that’s ideal for play time as well as all your outdoor hobbies, while an unfinished utility/laundry area assures plenty of storage space and convenience for daily chores.
96 Glenmere Drive boasts a flexible floor plan, generous interior spaces, a prime location and pretty setting together in one fabulous package. With its sought- after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, this property is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 96 Glenmere Drive, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, brass light fixture, coat closet; broad archway to Living Room, access to center staircase, Dining Room and Kitchen hallway
- Living Room with hardwood floors, 3 windows, crown molding, wood-burning fireplace with wood mantel and painted brick surround; French doors to Family Room
- Den/Study with hardwood floors, bank of windows, crown molding, painted brick accent wall with wood-burning fireplace and brick hearth, recessed lighting, two built-in bookcases with cabinets and display shelving; access to Kitchen and Powder Room, full windowed wall with French doors to Sun Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, 3 exposures including large picture window with Palladian window above, 2 side windows with mini-blinds and fully glassed wall with sliding doors to wood deck, volume ceiling with ceiling fan and recessed lighting, built-in wet bar with storage cabinets, mini-refrigerator, prep sink, mirrored backsplash, shelving for TV and audio equipment
- Powder Room with marble tile floor, pedestal sink with glass shelf above, recessed lighting, 2 brass sconces, window with blinds
- Kitchen featuring white cabinetry with Corian counters and ceramic tile backsplash, hardwood floors, center island with Corian top, breakfast bar and storage cabinets below, double sink with disposal and Instant Hot, under-cabinet lighting, Jenn-Air 4-burner electric cooktop, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, Thermador double electric wall ovens, GE microwave, floor to ceiling pantry cabinet, storage/coat closet, breakfast room with hardwood floors, built-in desk with storage cabinets and display shelving, recessed lighting, sliding doors to deck; access to garage, lower level, Foyer and Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crystal chandelier, full mirrored wall, crown molding, 2 windows with blinds; access to Foyer and Kitchen
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, linen closet with shelving, brass ceiling fixture, brass wall sconce, pull-down stairs to attic
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, 3 windows, ceiling fan, dressing area with window, hardwood floors and large walk-in closet, en suite bath with ceramic tile floor, 2-sink vanity with Corian top, storage below and full mirrored wall above, recessed lighting, stall shower with tiled floor
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 windows and closet
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, 3 windows and closet
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, 2 windows and large closet
- Hall Bathroom with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian top, cabinets below and full mirrored wall above, recessed lighting, window, shower over tub with tiled walls, large linen closet with shelving
- Recreation Room with recessed lighting, carpet, white paneled walls, dry bar, built-in shelving and tile floor; sliding doors to backyard, access to unfinished Laundry Area/Utility Room
- Laundry Area with utility sink, washer and dryer, supplemental refrigerator, doorway to outdoor storage
- Utility Room with shelving
- Professionally landscaped .44 acre property with flat lawns, flowering shrubbery and specimen plantings, bluestone and brick paver paths, large driveway, oversized raised deck
- 2-car garage with electric doors and doorway to backyard
- Newer roof
- Gutter helmets (2016)
- Water heater (2015)
- Security system
- Electric “Invisible” pet fence
- Newer 2-Zone forced air HVAC
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The attractive areas of Chatham Borough neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham, or The Chathams. Chatham has been named one of the top ten places to live in the United States by Money Magazine! Chatham Township shares various joint public services with Chatham Borough: the school district (created in 1986), the library (since 1974), the municipal court (created 2010), the medical emergency squad (since 1936), and the decades long, recreation program.
Chatham School Information
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Chatham Commuting Info
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Today We Closed Our 100th Home for 2017 and Now We Get to Give Away $20,000!READ MORE
Local Fourth of July Celebrations Bring Fireworks, Flag Ceremonies, and Even Camel Rides!READ MORE
100th Home Sale Charity Program – We’re Almost There!READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC