96 Glenmere Dr, Chatham Township, NJ 07928
- 2 full, 1 half
- $3,862 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Spacious Wickham Woods Colonial boasts light-filled rooms, hardwood floors throughout and nearly half an acre of lushly landscaped property. Priced for you to renovate kitchen and baths. See pre-inspection punchlist items and contractor estimate. Home is being sold as-is. Any buyer inspections should be completed prior to making offer. Eat-in kitchen with sliders to oversized raised deck. Elegant Living Room and Family Room with wood burning fireplaces. French doors lead to Sun Room featuring wet bar, built in Entertainment Center and additional access to deck and backyard. Gracious Master Bedroom Suite with dressing/sitting room, walk-in closet and en suite bath. Lower Level features spacious Recreation Room with dry bar and backyard access. Don’t miss this great family home in this sought-after family neighborhood!
The tree-lined streets of Chatham Township are just an inviting prelude to the home at 96 Glenmere Road in sought after Wickham Woods, a stately colonial with wonderful curbside appeal and flexible living spaces. You’ll be instantly drawn in as you approach this special home that’s surrounded by lush lawns and breathtaking flowering shrubbery. A short walk up the bluestone path and through the wooden door leads you into the welcoming Entry Foyer and your first glimpse of all that this home has to offer.
Proceed through a broad archway into the formal Living Room where hardwood floors gleam from light streaming in through large windows. Gather in front of the impressive fireplace with detailed wood mantel and painted brick surround while entertaining groups large and small. Just across the foyer is the elegant Dining Room also adorned with hardwood floors, large windows and a magnificent crystal chandelier. A more elegant dining setting will be hard to find. The adjacent Kitchen features a large center island, conveniently located appliances and plenty of storage space found in the crisp white cabinetry. It’s the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack served at the breakfast bar. The adjacent Breakfast Area features a built-in desk area and deck/backyard access. After dining, retire to the Study to cozy up with an engrossing book as you relax in front of flickering flames, or if you prefer, grab an after-dinner drink from the built-in bar located in the impressive Family Room that’s right through an elegant French door entry from the Study. A pair of sliding doors just to the left lead to the spacious raised wooden deck where you’re sure to enjoy al fresco entertaining beneath a canopy of mature trees on a warm summer evening. A conveniently located Powder Room just off the Kitchen completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, proceed up the center staircase to one of the 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 baths on the Second Level. The light filled Master Suite awaits boasting hardwood floors, large windows and plenty of storage space found in the large walk-in closet located just off an inviting Dressing/Sitting Area. An en suite bath with spacious 2-sink vanity, plenty of cabinets and a walk-in shower is sure to meet daily needs. Three additional bedrooms with plenty of closet space and an abundance of daylight assure everyone enjoys their own personal retreat with the convenience of a Full Hall Bath just outside.
And there’s more…the Lower Level is home to a spacious Recreation Room highlighted by a sit down dry bar where you are sure to congregate when enjoying fun times with family and friends. A pair of sliding doors leads to a lushly landscaped backyard that’s ideal for play time as well as all your outdoor hobbies, while an unfinished utility/laundry area assures plenty of storage space and convenience for daily chores.
96 Glenmere Drive boasts a flexible floor plan, generous interior spaces, a prime location and pretty setting together in one fabulous package. With its sought- after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, this property is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 96 Glenmere Drive, Chatham
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, brass light fixture, coat closet; broad archway to Living Room, access to center staircase, Dining Room and Kitchen hallway
- Living Room with hardwood floors, 3 windows, crown molding, wood-burning fireplace with wood mantel and painted brick surround; French doors to Family Room
- Den/Study with hardwood floors, bank of windows, crown molding, painted brick accent wall with wood-burning fireplace and brick hearth, recessed lighting, two built-in bookcases with cabinets and display shelving; access to Kitchen and Powder Room, full windowed wall with French doors to Sun Room
- Family Room with hardwood floors, 3 exposures including large picture window with Palladian window above, 2 side windows with mini-blinds and fully glassed wall with sliding doors to wood deck, volume ceiling with ceiling fan and recessed lighting, built-in wet bar with storage cabinets, mini-refrigerator, prep sink, mirrored backsplash, shelving for TV and audio equipment
- Powder Room with marble tile floor, pedestal sink with glass shelf above, recessed lighting, 2 brass sconces, window with blinds
- Kitchen featuring white cabinetry with Corian counters and ceramic tile backsplash, hardwood floors, center island with Corian top, breakfast bar and storage cabinets below, double sink with disposal and Instant Hot, under-cabinet lighting, Jenn-Air 4-burner electric cooktop, Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, Thermador double electric wall ovens, GE microwave, floor to ceiling pantry cabinet, storage/coat closet, breakfast room with hardwood floors, built-in desk with storage cabinets and display shelving, recessed lighting, sliding doors to deck; access to garage, lower level, Foyer and Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crystal chandelier, full mirrored wall, crown molding, 2 windows with blinds; access to Foyer and Kitchen
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, linen closet with shelving, brass ceiling fixture, brass wall sconce, pull-down stairs to attic
- Master Bedroom Suite with hardwood floors, 3 windows, ceiling fan, dressing area with window, hardwood floors and large walk-in closet, en suite bath with ceramic tile floor, 2-sink vanity with Corian top, storage below and full mirrored wall above, recessed lighting, stall shower with tiled floor
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, 2 windows and closet
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, 3 windows and closet
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, 2 windows and large closet
- Hall Bathroom with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian top, cabinets below and full mirrored wall above, recessed lighting, window, shower over tub with tiled walls, large linen closet with shelving
- Recreation Room with recessed lighting, carpet, white paneled walls, dry bar, built-in shelving and tile floor; sliding doors to backyard, access to unfinished Laundry Area/Utility Room
- Laundry Area with utility sink, washer and dryer, supplemental refrigerator, doorway to outdoor storage
- Utility Room with shelving
- Professionally landscaped .44 acre property with flat lawns, flowering shrubbery and specimen plantings, bluestone and brick paver paths, large driveway, oversized raised deck
- 2-car garage with electric doors and doorway to backyard
- Newer roof
- Gutter helmets (2016)
- Water heater (2015)
- Security system
- Electric “Invisible” pet fence
- Newer 2-Zone forced air HVAC
#chathamnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About ChathamVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
Chatham School Information
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
Chatham Commuting Info
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.
Chatham BLOG POSTS
Sue Adler Team 2017 Market ReviewREAD MORE
Celebrate Purim New Jersey Style!READ MORE
The Sue Adler Team on News 12 New Jersey – “NJ Senate passes workaround of federal tax overhaul”READ MORE
- 42 Minutes to NYC