Since 1919, The Connection has been serving individuals in Summit and the surrounding areas. This women-led, non-profit organization has worked tirelessly for nearly 100 years to enhance lives and foster community, and in turn, to develop the respect that eliminates prejudice. The Connections assists community members of diverse economic circumstances, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, culture, and physical and mental abilities to acquire skills and build self-esteem. Their commitment to community service programs is unparalleled—their particular focus on serving newcomers to our country, physical rehabilitative patients, and children and adults with special needs allows them to meet the needs of individuals and families that are not reached by other agencies. The Connection is what its name implies – an community service organization that fosters connections between any and all who seek it!
Here are 5 things that you should know about The Connection and what they do:
- 210 children are cared for in the safe, nurturing environment of our after school enrichment programs.
- 110 students from 22 countries acquire language skills, valuable support services and self-sufficiency in our English as Second Language Program.
- 400 women with breast and gynecological cancer gain support, education and wellness services through Pathways.
- 250 children and adults with special needs learn skills, make friends and gain a sense of belonging in our social and recreational programs.
- 500 individuals with financial needs receive over $250,000 in scholarship assistance to participate in our programs.
There are so many amazing non-profit organizations serving the members of our communities along the MidTown Direct Train Lines. It is an honor for The Sue Adler Team to feature so many of these organizations through our 100th Home Sale Charity Program. We’re humbled by the work that they do and we are proud to feature each one by providing more in-depth information about them and how they serve. The 2017 Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity Program is up and running and first round voting is well under way! We invite you to learn more about how our Team will give away $20,000 across 6 local charities upon the close of our 100th home sale of the year, and how YOU can decide which charity moves on to the final round of voting. Visit www.sueadler.com/100home to vote daily for your charity of choice, and the top 6 vote-getters will move on to the final round. To learn more about The Connection and the amazing work that they do, please visit www.theconnectiononline.org.