29 Whittredge Road, Summit, NJ 07901
Living at 29 Whittredge Road,
Move right in to this beautifully renovated 5 Bedroom, 4½ Bath Colonial and Carriage House including a fabulous 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom Living Area with Kitchenette over the detached 3 Car Garage! With expansive living space, an open and airy gracious floor plan and a fabulous location in the heart of Summit’s North Side close to NYC Midtown Direct Train, Blue Ribbon schools and downtown Summit, this house won’t last! Nestled on a gorgeous lot, this delightful home has all of the charm of a classic Summit home coupled with all of today’s modern amenities! Spacious Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with crisp white cabinets, 2-tiered island, granite and wood countertops and high-end stainless steel appliances. Every bathroom renovated to perfection! Large and elegant Living Room with stately fireplace. Gracious Formal Dining Room. Fabulous Family Room with fireplace. Mud Room. Chic light fixtures. Huge
Move right in to this beautifully renovated 5 Bedroom, 4½ Bath Colonial and Carriage House including a fabulous 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom Living Area with Kitchenette over the detached 3 Car Garage! With expansive living space, an open and airy gracious floor plan and a fabulous location in the heart of Summit’s North Side close to NYC Midtown Direct Train, Blue Ribbon schools and downtown Summit, this house won’t last! Nestled on a gorgeous lot, this delightful home has all of the charm of a classic Summit home coupled with all of today’s modern amenities! Spacious Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with crisp white cabinets, 2-tiered island, granite and wood countertops and high-end stainless steel appliances. Every bathroom renovated to perfection! Large and elegant Living Room with stately fireplace. Gracious Formal Dining Room. Fabulous Family Room with fireplace. Mud Room. Chic light fixtures. Huge Master Suite with spacious closets, custom headboard, built ins and out of this world Bath. 3 other bedrooms roomy and sun-drenched with great closets (2 are Walk In). Unfinished Lower Level with tons of potential for Play Room/Recreation Room. Meticulously landscaped deep idyllic lot with Bluestone Patio for entertaining. Truly exceptional home not to be missed!
Welcome to 29 Whittredge Road, an extraordinary 5 Bedroom, 4½ Bath Colonial, including a fabulous 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom Carriage House with Kitchenette and Open Living Space space over the detached 3 Car Garage. NOT A THING needs to be done to this dream home in Summit’s sought after North Side close to Midtown Direct train, fabulous shopping and restaurants and all downtown Summit has to offer.
Drive up to 29 Whittredge Road and you will instantly see that you have arrived somewhere exceptional. A charming blue front door, perfectly landscaped property and classic shutters all contribute to this home’s curb appeal. Enter into the warm, welcoming and deep Entry Foyer complete with gleaming hardwood floors and an exquisite staircase leading to the Second Level. The spacious and sundrenched Living Room is an entertainer’s dream with its elegant statement fireplace, custom millwork and chic built ins. Flow easily through double French doors to the inviting Office/Sunroom where working from home is an absolute pleasure. An on-trend stone floor, vaulted ceiling and tons of sunlight all add to the warmth of this room. Dinner parties are divine in the Formal Dining Room complete with pocket doors at entry, huge windows and great flow to the Kitchen beyond. It doesn’t get better than the picture perfect Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen complete with crisp white cabinetry, an oversized 2-tier island, granite and wood countertops and high-end stainless steel appliances. A beautiful Breakfast Room with double French doors to the outdoor Patio makes indoor/outdoor entertaining a breeze. Don’t miss the outstanding Family Room that really brings the wow factor. A graceful fireplace, shiplap ceiling and chic woven shades are just a few of the room’s hallmarks. A tastefully renovated Powder Room and spacious Mud Room with stunning coffered, glass paned roof round out the First Level.
Ready to retire for the evening? Luxury abounds in the private and open Master Bedroom Suite with soothing hues, a custom built headboard/room divider, a built in window seat and huge two Double Door Closets. The spa-like Master Bathroom is sure to be your favorite retreat. Crisp white subway tile, an oversized shower and a soothing gray custom double vanity are the best in form and function. Bedrooms #2 through #4 are steeped in sunlight and include generous closets (2 Walk In) and large windows. Bedrooms #2 and #3 share the tastefully renovated Jack and Jill Bath. Bedroom #4 is ensuite with refined tile choices, a large shower and a crisp pedestal sink.
And that’s not all! The unfinished Lower Level, with Laundry and tons of storage space, also offers plenty of potential for a Recreation Room, Children’s Playroom and/or Exercise Room.
Another show stopper of 29 Whittredge is the backyard oasis featuring tons of room to spread out and entertain. A stunning Carriage House features a 3 Car Garage a fabulous 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom living area, perfect for visitors, an Au Pair, an office – the options are endless! An open space with a perfect kitchenette and breakfast bar, vaulted ceilings, tons of windows and soothing gray hues make this hideaway sublime. Outside, the Bluestone Patio and outstanding flat, park-like property are the perfect locales for al fresco dining, cocktails with friends and children’s play.
With its prestigious neighborhood, close proximity to Midtown Direct train, top-notch schools and convenience to fantastic shopping and restaurants, 29 Whittredge cannot be missed!
Room by Room Details of 29 Whittredge Road, Summit
- Entry Vestibule featuring original limestone tile, wainscoting, crown molding, painted soothing hue, flush mount light fixture
- Front to back Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, crown molding, elegant staircase to Second Level
- Living Room featuring pocket doors at entry, hardwood floors, fireplace with custom millwork mantle and limestone surround, custom built ins with open and concealed storage and designer wallpaper backing, oversized windows, baseboard molding, crown molding, painting neutral hue, double French doors to Office
- Office/Sunroom featuring stone flooring with radiant heat, vaulted ceiling, oversized windows, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Dining Room featuring pocket doors at entry, hardwood floors, sconces, baseboard molding, crown molding, oversized windows
- Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors with radiant heat, custom wood cabinetry including glass door cabinetry, granite countertops, tile backsplash, oversized 2-tier island with granite and wood countertops, GE Profile cooktop, Marvel beverage refrigerator, stainless KitchenAid double wall ovens, KitchenAid stainless dishwasher, KitchenAid oversized stainless refrigerator/freezer, recessed lighting, open shelving, crown molding, baseboard molding, painted neutral hue
- Breakfast Area featuring hardwood floors radiant heat, chandelier, recessed lighting, oversized windows with shutters, double French doors to outdoor Patio, woven shades
- Family Room open to Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with floor to ceiling custom millwork mantle and tile surround and stove, custom built ins with storage, shiplap ceiling, original decorative incinerator, recessed lighting, oversized windows with woven shades, painted neutral hue, original swing door into Dining Room
- Powder Room featuring penny floor tile, subway tile wainscoting, wash basin sink
- Mud Room featuring radiant heat stone flooring, coffered ceiling with glass panes, storage, rear staircase to 2nd level and door to backyard
- 2nd Floor landing with built in bookshelf, linen closet, laundry closet (potential area for 2nd floor Laundry), hardwood flooring, wainscoting, baseboard and crown molding
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, custom built in window seat with storage, custom board and batten room divider/headboard, oversized windows with woven shades, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding, 2 sets of Double French Door Closets with built ins, Walk in Closet with custom built ins
- Master Bathroom featuring marble penny floor tile with radiant heat, soothing gray custom double vanity with tons of storage and marble countertop, vaulted ceiling, oversized frameless glass door shower with rain and handheld showerheads, subway tile throughout, raised moldings throughout, sconces, woven shade
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, Closet, oversized windows at 2 exposures with woven shades, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Jack and Jill Bathroom featuring floor tile, vanity with porcelain countertop, tile wainscoting with decorative border, shower over tub with frameless glass, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, Walk In Closet with built in dresser and attic access via pull down stairs, oversized windows at 2 exposures, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Ensuite Bedroom #4 featuring Walk In Closet, oversized windows at 2 exposures, baseboard molding, crown molding, painted soothing gray, Bathroom featuring mosaic floor tile, frameless glass door shower, pedestal sink, subway tile wainscoting, glass shelf, medicine closet, painted soothing gray
- Unfinished Lower Level with potential for Recreation Room, Exercise Room, Play Room, etc.
- Laundry Area with double utility sink
- Heated 3 Car Garage with carriage style doors, storage area, utility sink, storage closet
- 2nd level Living Space featuring hardwood floors, Bar Area/Kitchenette with custom cabinetry, marble countertop, island with built in storage below, sink, stainless steel mini refrigerator pendant lighting, Recreation Room Area and Home Gym Area, Home Office Area, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding, painted soothing gray, Double Door Closet with built ins, walk in closet with custom built in shelving and storage
- Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, oversized windows at 2 exposures, baseboard molding, crown molding, closet, painted soothing hue, sconces
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring penny floor tile, bead board wainscoting, claw foot tub/shower, pedestal sink, sconce and chandelier
- Natural stone wall entry along oversized driveway with seasonal plantings
- Bluestone front walkway flanked by meticulous landscaping
- Rear Bluestone Patio
- Flat grassy rear yard with professional landscaping
- Driveway resurfaced (2019)
- Garage door replacement (2019)
- Kitchen appliances (2017/ 2018)
- Updated HVAC/Radiant Heat System (2016)
- Roof replacement (2015)
- Master Bathroom renovation with radiant heat floor (2014/2015)
- Original doors and hardware elements throughout
- Original hardwood floors throughout house (less Family Room/Kitchen and Master Bedroom additions)
- Master Bedroom/Bathroom, Family Room and Kitchen Addition (1996/1997)
The enticingly attractive areas of Chatham Borough and the neighboring Chatham Township share a common heritage and are often referred to as Chatham or The Chathams. This locale is known for its small-town elegance, quality public schools, and scenic green spaces. Residents adore their community for its quiet, residential appeal as well as the social element of its quaint downtown area. With gorgeous homes, well-maintained public spaces, restaurants, shopping, hassle-free commuting, and a family friendly atmosphere, Chatham couldn’t be a more perfect location for New Jersey homebuyers.
LP: List Price at time of sale
DOM: Days On Market
- 37 minutes to NYC
Summit, New Jersey is a scenic and highly sought after locale with gorgeous homes and an upscale town center. The township features exquisite estates, charming family homes, cozy townhouses, and fabulous condominiums, all set within a peaceful and social community. Summit’s location makes transportation to New York extremely convenient, and its award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities, and rich history is impossible to upstage. Summit residents love to call this community their home!
Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home!
Questions? AppointmentsCall 973-936-9129
or send us your message!
Big or Small, we sell them all
CHATHAM, November 24th, 2023 -- The Sue Adler Team of Keller Williams Realty donated a total of $10,000 to support organizations dedicated t […]Read More
As Thanksgiving approaches, we begin to feel an extra sense of gratitude and the yearning to share with one another. One of the best ways to […]Read More
In a world often filled with busyness and individual pursuits, community giving stands as a beacon of hope and unity. Donating to soup kitch […]Read More
Calling all Marie Kondo enthusiasts! Have you been staring at your storage room and asking yourself “do these items spark joy?” If so, i […]Read More
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.