3 Edgehill Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
Living at 3 Edgehill Ave
3 Edgehill Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
SOLD! Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
New Price! $949,000
A first-class example of Victorian artistry, 3 Edgehill Avenue built in 1882, symbolizes the many charming characteristics of this beloved style and time. The home’s exterior, painted in a vibrant purple with white and gold ornamentations and trims, resembles a storybook Victorian home with lattice windows, a front porch with detailing and flower boxes, columns, bay windows and cornices all classic examples of the period architecture.
Step into the Entry Foyer and you are immediately captivated by the vintage charm and distinct accents including original colorful stained glass windows, inlaid hardwood flooring and decorative columns. Ten-foot ceilings and an open floor plan make living and entertaining ideal. The Living Room setting has inlaid hardwood floors, crown molding, pocket doors, gas fireplace with brick surround and a small built-in bookcase. There’s a cozy sitting area partitioned under an arch and surrounded by a set of latticework windows that gives the room an extra touch of grace. Just beyond is the elegant formal Dining Room with inlaid hardwood floors, decorative cornices, picture window and a built-in cabinet. The Parlor reminiscent of the home’s history has a decorative fireplace and original floor to ceiling windows overlooking the quaint front porch. Painted in soft, classic Victorian shades highlighted by decorative ceiling medallions with crystal chandeliers**, you can easily savor the romance of the period.
A thoughtfully renovated kitchen and the addition of a sunroom enhance the First Floor’s blueprint to near perfection. The Kitchen has been designed to meet every need of the modern day family in paramount taste and style. A limestone tile floor, custom cabinetry and neutral granite counters complement sleek top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, and a touch of the old still remains in the exposed brick wall with built-in decorative fireplace-- a kitchen to be treasured. The Sunroom with a pass through to the kitchen creates seamless entertaining, a matching limestone tile floor, built-in shelving and plenty of natural light comes through large surrounding windows.
Take the stately spindle staircase up to the Second Floor where the Victorian enchantment continues. The large Master Bedroom features a newly updated en suite Master Bathroom, 3 additional spacious bedrooms and a hall bathroom assure a restful nights’ sleep for family and guests alike. Bright natural light shines through the windows into all bedrooms with warm, neutral carpeting, ceiling fans, built-ins and plenty of closet space.
The Third Level has a walk-up attic with plenty of storage space and an additional bonus room keeping the clutter out of the main living quarters.
There’s also a Lower Level with a finished Recreation Area with laminate flooring and decorative columns, a great space for relaxing with friends, watching TV or a playroom for the kids. A laundry area and additional storage complete this level.
This is more than just a home, it captures a period in history. Enchanting and bright, a Victorian treasure in a town that has been ranked by both CNN/Money and Money Magazine as ninth on its annual list of 100 Best Places to Live in the United States and by New Jersey Monthly as its 25th best place to live in its 2008 rankings of the “Best Places to Live” in New Jersey.
Floor by Floor details of 3 Edgehill Ave, Chatham, NJ 07928
First Level (10 ft ceilings)
- Entry foyer with inlaid hardwood floor, original stained glass windows and decorative columns
- Parlor with inlaid parquet hardwood floor, decorative fireplace, crown molding and original floor to ceiling windows overlooking the front porch
- Living room with inlaid parquet hardwood floor, crown molding, pocket doors, gas fireplace with wood mantle and brick surround
- Dining room with inlaid parquet hardwood floors, picture ledge and built-in china cabinet
- Sunroom with limestone tile floor, built-ins, pass through to kitchen and plenty of natural sunlight
- Kitchen with limestone tile floor, granite counters, custom cabinetry, tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances including Jenn-Air refrigerator, Wolf 6-burner with griddle and double ovens, decorative wood fireplace, two-drawer refrigerator, 2-dishwasher, Miele coffee maker, wine refrigerator and microwave (built-in drawer)
- Powder room with limestone floor and pedestal sink
Second Level (10 ft ceilings)
- Master Bedroom with carpet, built-ins, large closet, ceiling fan and en-suite bathroom with marble tile floor, stall shower with tile backsplash, pedestal sink
- Bedroom 2 with carpet, crown molding, two walk-in closets and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 with carpet, two large closets, built-ins and ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4 with carpet, chair rail and built-in shelving and work desk, ceiling fan and walk-in closet
- Hall Bathroom with marble tile floor, pedestal sink with shower over soaking tub and tile backsplash
- Walk-up attic with plenty of storage
- Bonus room with carpet
- Recreation room with laminate floor and decorative columns
- Unfinished area with laundry area and storage
Additional Features and Updates
- Landscaping (2013)
- Interior Painting (2013)
- Driveway repaved (2010)
- New carpeting (2010)
- Exterior of home painted (2008)
- New Roof (2008)
- New Kitchen Appliances, granite counters and tile backsplash (2007)
- New garage door (2006)
- Water softener (2005)
- New Furnace/Air Conditioning (2005)
- Update of two bathrooms (2004)
- Removal of knob and tube wiring (2003)
Schedule a Showing
While you should stop by the Jacob Morrell House, where George Washington is said to have lodged while his army assembled in outlying fields, you don’t need to love history to enjoy Chatham. Located less than an hour’s drive west from New York City, this quaint town not only has a rich history, but also is one of the top suburbs in New Jersey to live because of its highly- rated schools, green spaces and charming town center. Residents absolutely adore the picturesque historic downtown area and the societal elements that come with bumping into neighbors and friends at the many unique shops and restaurants that are found there. Then there is the quiet, residential appeal of neighborhoods that are populated by gorgeous center-hall colonia...
While you should stop by the Jacob Morrell House, where George Washington is said to have lodged while his army assembled in outlying fields, you don’t need to love history to enjoy Chatham. Located less than an hour’s drive west from New York City, this quaint town not only has a rich history, but also is one of the top suburbs in New Jersey to live because of its highly- rated schools, green spaces and charming town center. Residents absolutely adore the picturesque historic downtown area and the societal elements that come with bumping into neighbors and friends at the many unique shops and restaurants that are found there. Then there is the quiet, residential appeal of neighborhoods that are populated by gorgeous center-hall colonial and craftsman style homes adorned with American flags and front porch rockers. Annual events, such as Fishing Derby at Kelley’s Pond, the Fishawack Festival, the Fourth of July Parade and the Green Fair help in preserving the small town feel. The abundant green spaces, including parks, reservations and conservation areas, make it hard to believe you’re so close to one of the greatest cities in the world.
- 42 minutes to NYC
Year in, year out, the Midtown Direct Towns local public high schools have ranked among the best in New Jersey. The good news is that they s […]Read More
So we get a call from channel New Channel 12 at 10 AM asking for an interview on the effects of the new tax law on real estate, and they wan […]Read More
A hearty congrats to Imagine a Center for Coping with Loss, the recipient of the top donation from The Sue Adler Team’s second annual 100t […]Read More
As you walk through the doors of Ahrre’s Coffee Roastery in downtown Summit, the delicious, friendly aroma of fresh brewed coffee immediat […]Read More
Big or Small, we sell them all
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.