38 Browning Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Living at 38 Browning Rd
Picture perfect 4 bedroom, 2 ½ bath meticulously maintained home on family friendly, quiet street in the heart of Short Hills’ Poet Section with Blue Ribbon schools (Hartshorn Elementary) and nearby NYC transportation. Amazing house for entertaining with fabulous open floor plan and easy flow between indoors and outdoors. Graceful Living and Dining Rooms with elegant craftsmanship, enormous Family Room addition with stunning shiplap vaulted ceiling, Chef’s Dream Kitchen with tons of storage, granite countertops, marble backsplash and top of the line appliances. Fabulous deck, private professionally landscaped backyard. Roomy Master Suite with renovated bath and 3 other sunny and spacious bedrooms. Large Lower Level with Laundry Room, Mudroom and Playroom/Recreation Room. Don’t miss this special opportunity to own this timelessly elegant home!
Welcome to 38 Browning Road! Move right in to this perfectly designed home in the sought after Poet Section of Short Hills. Renovated from top to bottom, with a seamless open floorplan, dazzling craftsmanship and ample living space, this home features 4 gracious bedrooms, 2 ½ baths and stunning upgrades throughout. Simply put, 38 Browning cannot be missed.
Drive up the tree-lined street and admire the gorgeous clapboard, black shutters and brick reminiscent of a charming cottage. The second floor window boxes are ready for spring and the planting of colorful blooms! Walk up the beautiful paver walkway to the front door and prepare to become transfixed by all this house has to offer. Enter the spacious and sunlit Foyer complete with elegant wainscoting, hardwood floors and 2 spacious coat closets. Take in the beautiful craftsmanship, soothing grey hues and gleaming hardwood floors that extend throughout the entire 1st and 2nd floors. Move into the sun-drenched Living Room gracefully adorned with wainscoting throughout and a stunning statement fireplace. Dinner parties are divine in the nearby formal Dining Room with elegant chair rail and tasteful chandelier. Flow easily into the Gourmet Kitchen that will satisfy any chef’s desire. Crisp white wood cabinetry with a cool grey island, granite countertops, chic marble subway tile backsplash, glass front display cabinets and top of the line appliances all add to this room’s appeal. A Breakfast Bar with seating for 5, glass door cabinets for china display and plenty of wine storage exhibit the best in style and function. Breakfast is served in the light-filled adjacent Breakfast Room with a sliding door out to the lovely side yard. The real show stopper of the First Level is the astounding Family Room addition featuring gorgeous vistas of the lush backyard. This exquisite room, bathed in sunlight, is nothing less than a work of art with its vaulted ceiling with pine shiplap, architectural windows and stunning floor to ceiling French door and sidelites with gorgeous views of the lush backyard. Indoor and outdoor entertaining is seamless with the outdoor deck that flows easily from the Family Room. The custom deck is perfect for an al fresco dinner party or simply hanging out with friends. Just beyond the deck, enjoy complete privacy in the meticulously landscaped level yard. A bonus room, perfect as an Office, Library or children’s homework room, rounds out this Level.
Take a few steps down from the Kitchen to the spacious hallway with access to the 2 car garage, the backyard and large pantry. Walk down the hallway to find a spacious and bright Mudroom/Laundry Room featuring custom cabinetry, sink and custom cubbies with storage. A Renovated Powder Room with granite flooring and tasteful pedestal sink rounds out this area. Take a few steps down to the spacious Recreation Room/Playroom featuring epoxy flooring and plenty of storage.
When it’s time to retire for the evening, the lovely staircase leads you to the second floor. Walk upstairs to find 3 generously sized bedrooms, all freshly painted with hardwood floors and plenty of natural light. The Master Bedroom is spacious and well-designed with a walk in closet with custom shelving and a tasteful Renovated Ensuite Bathroom. Bedrooms 2 and 3 feature plenty of light and abundant closet space. Bedrooms 2 and 3 share the Full Hall Bath redone to perfection with crisp white tile with floral accent tile and an oversized, wood double vanity. Bedroom 4, accessed a few steps up from the 2nd Floor Hallway, contains a vaulted ceiling giving the space a cozy feel.
38 Browning Road is a dream home in every way. Just minutes from Blue Ribbon schools, NYC transportation, Gero Park and shopping in downtown Millburn and at The Mall at Short Hills, this home simply cannot be missed!
Floor by Floor Details of 38 Browning Road, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, baseboard molding, crown molding, flush mount light fixture, 2 coat closets
- Living Room featuring fireplace with custom millwork and granite surround, hardwood floors, wainscoting, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, chair rail, baseboard molding, crown molding, in-ceiling speakers, chandelier, 2 sconces
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, marble subway tile backsplash, tile flooring, glass door cabinetry, island with granite countertop, storage and bar sink, breakfast bar with seating for 5, pendant lighting over island, recessed lighting, Thermador cooktop and warming drawer, Thermador stainless steel hood, GE Monogram refrigerator, GE Profile microwave, Thermador double ovens, Bosch dishwasher, Marvel wine refrigerator, open shelving, wine storage, under cabinet lighting
- Breakfast Area featuring tile flooring, semi flush mount light fixture, sliding door out to yard
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling with knotty pine ship lap, architectural dormer windows, recessed lighting, ceiling fan, double French doors to outdoor deck (with door size sidelites), all new windows and doors
- Office (can also be used as Library, Children’s Study Room) featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, crown molding, pocket door to stairway to Lower Level
- Wood Staircase to 2nd Level
- Hallway with tile flooring, recessed lighting, door to backyard, door to garage and pantry closet
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Powder Room featuring granite flooring and pedestal sink
- Laundry Room/Mud Room featuring tile flooring, built in upper and lower cabinetry, laminate countertops, recessed lighting, built-in cubbies with storage, built-in utility sink with gooseneck fixture
- Recreation Room featuring epoxy flooring, recessed lighting, 2 double door closets for storage, 3rd closet, storage room
- Utility storage area
- Second Level Landing featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, recessed lighting, linen closet, door to Third Level, ceiling access to attic storage
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, woven Roman shades, walk-in closet with custom shelving
- Ensuite Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring, vanity with storage, shower with tile surround, mirror, 2 light sconce, recessed light in shower, fan, built in cabinet, towel shelving, woven Roman shade
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, 2 double door closets
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, ceiling fan with light, double door closet
- Updated Full Hallway Bath featuring tile flooring, bath/shower combination with tile surround and floral accent tile, double wood vanity with storage, 2 recessed medicine cabinets, 2 two-light sconces
- Bedroom #4 featuring carpeting, arched ceiling, recessed lighting, closet
- Paver front walk with paver decorative circle at front door
- Large wood deck
- Lanterns on deck
- Private, flat and landscaped yard with mature specimen trees
- Driveway with paver border
- Outdoor Bose speakers
- Rainbow Play Systems, Inc. Swing Set
- Freshly painted throughout
- Sump Pump
Schedule a Showing
One of the most sought-after towns in the tri-State area, Millburn/Short Hills combines a gracious atmosphere with a cosmopolitan array of offerings. Incorporated in 1857, the Townships of Millburn boasts beautiful architecture that includes gorgeous Colonial, Tudor and Victorian style homes and a rich history that imbues the area with a classic, old-world charm. Quaint and energetic, the area’s delightful downtown is also the heart of this vibrant town, playing host to street fairs, parades and other events throughout the year that pull residents together, creating bonds and a strong sense of community. Comfortable living and historic elegance along with its excellent school district and easy commuting options combine to make Millburn/Sh...
One of the most sought-after towns in the tri-State area, Millburn/Short Hills combines a gracious atmosphere with a cosmopolitan array of offerings. Incorporated in 1857, the Townships of Millburn boasts beautiful architecture that includes gorgeous Colonial, Tudor and Victorian style homes and a rich history that imbues the area with a classic, old-world charm. Quaint and energetic, the area’s delightful downtown is also the heart of this vibrant town, playing host to street fairs, parades and other events throughout the year that pull residents together, creating bonds and a strong sense of community. Comfortable living and historic elegance along with its excellent school district and easy commuting options combine to make Millburn/Short Hills a beloved locale that its residents adore.
- 34 minutes to NYC