63 Basking Ridge Rd, Millington, NJ 07946
Living at 63 Basking Ridge Rd
Sweet and charming at every turn, this 4 Bedroom, 2 ½ Bathroom home in the quaint community of Millington just blocks from trains to NYC, creates a cozy, welcoming feeling from the moment you enter through the front door. Step into the Foyer with dual coat closets, hardwood floor and baseboard molding, hinting of the home’s style and charm right from the start. The hardwood floor continues into the Living Room, as do the baseboard moldings, with the real focal point being the fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and stone hearth – the perfect place to gather with friends and family. The room is sunny and bright thanks to the original 4 panel windows, plus and a split Dutch door, reminiscent of days past, that opens to the rear yard. The Living Room is open to the Dining Area and tied together with hardwood floor, crown and base molding, creating an easy flow for entertaining and daily living. A lovely light fixture defines the Dining Area and the gorgeous bay window, featuring Anderson windows, adds character and light to the main living areas. The functional kitchen features tile floor, built-in pantry cabinets, granite countertops, double windows and a door to the rear yard. Meal prep is a snap thanks to the modern and functional stainless steel appliances including a Whirlpool refrigerator, GE electric range/oven, Kenmore dishwasher, and LG microwave.
When the day is done and it’s time to retire for the evening, you’ll find the Master Bedroom a warm and welcoming retreat on the 2nd Floor. The built-in desk alcove in the window, plus two additional windows provide lovely views. Storage is not a problem due to the walk-in closet with built-ins and attic access provides a place for all of your belongings. Two additional Bedrooms on this level allow for privacy and ample space for all members of the family and can easily be used as either bedrooms or private office space. All Bedrooms have hardwood floors, ceiling fans, ample windows and closet space. The 2nd Floor landing provides additional, versatile workspace with a built-in desk alcove at the window. Rounding out this level is a convenient hall Bathroom that features tiled floor, vanity with sink, recessed lighting, and walk-in glass shower with fixed shower head and handheld shower, tile surround and two built-in shelves. Back on the 1st Floor, you will find two additional Bedrooms, spaces that can also be used flexibly as an Office, Playroom, Guest Suite – whatever you may need. These rooms share a Jack and Jill Bathroom that exudes charm with ½ wall bead board paneling, tile floor, pedestal sink, and vanity with overhead light.
And that’s not all… the unfinished Basement has a convenient ½ Bathroom, utility and laundry areas, and door to the garage and is ready to be finished to your taste, giving you even more living space for all of your daily needs.
Sitting on over a ½ acre of sprawling, lush landscaping, the exterior of the house provides great outdoor spaces, from the rear covered porch to the slate paver patio, walkway, fire pit and beyond. Lovely landscaping, perennial plantings and green spaces invite you to enjoy the outdoor area as much as the inside of this sweet, special home at 63 Basking Ridge Road, just waiting for you to call it your own!
Floor by Floor Details of 63 Basking Ridge, Millington
- Entry door with six paned glass panels
- Foyer with hardwood floor, light fixture in entry, baseboard molding, two coat closets
- Living Room with hardwood floor, baseboard molding, crown molding, fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and stone hearth, four panel windows, additional window, Dutch door to rear yard, open to dining area
- Dining Area with hardwood floor, crown molding, baseboard molding, bay windows, light fixture
- Kitchen with tile floor, light fixture overhead, built-in pantry cabinets, granite countertops, Whirlpool Refrigerator, GE electric range/oven, Kenmore dishwasher, LG microwave, light fixture and double windows over sink, door to rear
- Office/Bedroom#5 with hardwood floor, crown molding, baseboard molding, ceiling fan with light fixture, closet with shelving, access to Jack and Jill Bathroom
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floor, ceiling fan with light fixture, closet, two windows, crown molding, base board molding
- Jack and Jill Bathroom with tile floor, pedestal sink, vanity with light overhead, window, 1/2 wall bead board, shower over tub with tiled walls
Unfinished Basement with Powder Room, Utilities Area, door to garage, Storage Area and Laundry Area
- Landing with built in storage/shelving, light fixture over stairs, built-in desk alcove in window with light fixture
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floor, double windows, additional window, ceiling fan with light fixture, baseboard molding, closet alcove with light fixture
- Bedroom #4 with offset side entry, two closets, hardwood floor, window, baseboard molding, ceiling fan with light fixture, access to attic crawl space
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floor, built-in desk alcove in window, two additional windows, ceiling fan with light fixture, attic access, walk-in closet with built-ins, window and light fixture
- Hall Bathroom with tile floor, vanity with sink, two light fixtures, walk-in glass enclosed shower with fixed showerhead and handheld showerhead with tile surround, window, recessed lights
- Over ½ acre of lush, professionally manicured property with mature plantings
- Built-in enclosed, multi-tiered sectioned garden with seasonal plantings
- Rear covered porch
- Slate paver patio and walkway
- Fire pit
- Freshly painted interior throughout (2015-17)
- Updated front deck (2017)
- New pendant lights in Kitchen, Dining Area and Stairwell (2017)
- Kitchen cabinets refinished and knobs/pulls replaced (2017)
- Stainless steel LG microwave (2017)
- Wood shingle exterior
- Oversized 1-car garage
- Blocks to train to NYC
Schedule a Showing
Big or Small, we sell them all
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.