Colonial With 2 Bonus Rooms, Finished Basement And Huge Flat Yard!
Living at 19 Exeter Rd
19 Exeter Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
New Listing For Sale! Call The Sue Adler Team For More Information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 19 Exeter Road, a lovingly upgraded colonial in the desirable Deerfield section of Short Hills. The charm of the home is instantly apparent as you step through the elegant front door with its intricate patterned leaded glass sidelights and into the attractive Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors and broad entries into the adjacent rooms. To the right, an impressive Living Room beckons, highlighted by gleaming hardwood floors and a large wood-burning fireplace with a stately wooden mantel that takes center stage. Gather in this spacious room for a casual get together with friends or a festive holiday celebration. An stylish Office with painted paneled walls and backyard views provides the perfect place to work at home, while the neighboring Sun Room boasts a full wall of windows that assures you’ll bask in the warmth of the sun’s rays as you relax at the end of the day. The nearby Kitchen is sure to please with brand new stainless steel appliances along with plenty of counter and storage space and a comfortable dining alcove for a quick snack or an informal meal. The adjacent Dining Room with hardwood floors and attractive iron chandelier and decorative ceiling medallion is perfect for more festive occasions. A conveniently located Powder Room and a fully equipped Laundry Room and Mud Room area with backyard access complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the 2nd level where the spacious Master Bedroom and en suite bath along with two additional bedrooms - each featuring hardwood floors and windows that allow plenty of light to cascade through - provide comfortable space for family and guests alike. A hallway bath, linen closet and walk up access to a large attic storage area finish the bedroom level.
And there’s more…the finished lower level includes a paneled and carpeted Recreation Room that’s perfect for all kinds of family fun, a large Bonus Room providing many options for use and a full hallway Bath as well as plenty of flexible storage space to meet all your needs. Outside, the large bluestone patio overlooks expansive park-like grounds completely surrounded by mature trees and shrubbery…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbeque grill as outdoor speakers pipe in your favorite tunes.
Loving care and thoughtful updates have kept this fine home fresh and modern. With easy access to NYC transportation, top-notch schools and world class shopping and restaurants, 19 Exeter Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 19 Exeter Road, Short Hills
- Entry Hall with hardwood floors, crown moldings, custom door with leaded glass accents and sidelights, center staircase, recessed lighting and access to Living Room and Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, crown moldings, chandelier with ceiling medallion, 2 large windows with blinds and swinging door to Kitchen
- Kitchen with linoleum floor, white cabinetry with Corian countertops and ceramic tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances including Kenmore gas range/oven, LG dishwasher and LG refrigerator/freezer, window with shade above sink, large pantry cabinets, dining alcove with crown moldings and chair rail with paneled wall below, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with light and large window overlooking backyard; access to Mudroom, Laundry Room and Powder Room
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, built-in storage cabinet and shelves, doorway to backyard
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, washer and dryer, recessed light, built-in storage and window
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor and walls, decorative faux painted walls, pedestal sink, recessed light, window with window treatments
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, fireplace with wood mantel and slate hearth, 2 sconces, accent wall with painted paneling and access to adjacent Sun Room and Office
- Sun Room with hardwood floors, windows on three sides, recessed lighting, doorway to backyard and access to Office
- Office with hardwood floors, crown moldings, painted paneled walls and 2 large windows overlooking backyard
- Hallway landing with hardwood floors, recessed light, linen closet and staircase to large attic storage area
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, ceiling fan with light, door to exterior roof landing, 2 windows, walk-in closet with built-in shelving and 2 additional closets; En Suite Bath with ceramic tile floor and walls, marble topped vanity with sink and cabinet below, built-in medicine cabinet, walk-in tile shower with glass door, rain shower head and 6 side jets
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, closet and 3 windows with blinds
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, closet with built-in shelves, light fixture and 2 windows
- Full Hallway Bath with ceramic tile floor, shower over tub with tiled walls, sink with medicine cabinet above and window with blinds
- Recreation Room with carpet, 3 grade level windows, window seat with built-in storage, paneled walls, recessed lights, large walk-in storage closet and additional double storage closet
- Full Bath with ceramic tile floor, shower over tub with ceramic tile walls, Corian topped vanity with sink and cabinet below, light fixture
- Bonus Room with carpet, recessed lights, frosted glass windows
- Utility Room with workshop table and pegboards
- Single zone steam heat and central air conditioning
- Oversized 1 car garage with electric door and built-in shelving
- Professionally landscaped property with underground sprinkler system, large flat lawns and spacious bluestone patio with outdoor speakers
- Security system
- 2 Sump pumps
- All hardwood floors refinished (2010)
- 3 new windows installed (2012)
- Kitchen appliances (2015)
- Front door (2014)
- Master Bath sink (2012)
Schedule a Showing
Big or Small, we sell them all
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.