Exquisite 1901 Old Short Hills Home On Over An Acre Of Lush Property
Living at 32 Twin Oak Rd
32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-464-9129
Sitting majestically on over an acre of rolling lawns nestled beneath a canopy of lush mature trees, 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078 is a truly unique home. Originally built in 1901, this Old Short Hills home boasts recent upgrades which have enhanced the home while maintaining its original character, charm and rich history.
After a short walk up a meandering bluestone steps the welcoming Entry Foyer with its patterned bluestone tile floor provides the first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details that are evident throughout the home. Proceed through a large arched entry into the Living Room featuring a grand fireplace with custom built-in cabinets on either side, beamed ceiling and large windows with decorative moldings overlooking the patio and lush backyard…a truly grand room for entertaining family and friends. From here, the double French doors lead into the terra cotta-tiled Sunroom where, bathed in natural sunlight, you’ll enjoy relaxing views of the front patio and lush greenery while you cozy up for an afternoon respite. Or if you prefer, continue through to the Family Room where the warmth of another fireplace beckons as a backdrop for a game of pool or other family fun. When it’s time to dine, proceed to the large Formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, a charming window seat overlooking the patio and built-in display space for your favorite pieces. The adjacent Kitchen is bright and open with its white custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including an extra prep sink, granite countertops and reclaimed wood plank floors. It’s an ideal setting for preparation of a gourmet creation or simply a quick snack in the Breakfast Room. A Bedroom / Den with cathedral ceiling and En Suite Bath and a conveniently located Powder Room complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level where a galley hallway enhanced by original period details guides you to the Master Bedroom Suite and 3 additional spacious bedrooms with En Suite Baths –a conveniently located laundry room, an Office with an adjacent Sitting Room, a large linen closet and access to the third floor. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite, impeccably designed with cathedral ceilings and large windows on 3 sides, bringing the outside in. Two walk-in closets with custom shelving as well as built-in dressers, an adjacent dressing area and a spa-like Master Bath featuring a granite double sink vanity, stall shower and whirlpool tub with private views of the property complete the suite. Take the staircase up to the third floor where guests will appreciate the extra privacy found in 2 additional bedrooms and a full Bath along with a large Sitting Room and plenty of attic storage.
And there’s more…the unfinished basement has a gym, powder room, and provides plenty of room for storage. Outside, the large stone patio with attractive fieldstone retaining wall is ideally suited for entertainment with extreme privacy as it sits in the heart of sprawling park-like grounds complete with charming stone paths and a wooden gazebo.
With so many options to grow with your changing family, 32 Twin Oak Road is a private retreat in the midst of world-class amenities and Blue Ribbon schools. This breathtaking property is the ideal place for your family to call home.
Floor by Floor details of 32 Twin Oak Rd Short Hills, NJ 07078
- Entrance Hall with bead board ceiling, bluestone tile floor with sandstone accents, and 2 large coat closets
- Living Room with hardwood floors, large wood-burning stone fireplace with wood mantel and bluestone hearth, crown moldings, wood-beamed ceiling, built-in bookcases, French doors to Sunroom, glass -paned doors to rear patio, access to Dining Room and Game Room
- Dining Room with arched entry from Living Room and swinging door from Kitchen, hardwood floors, crown molding and wainscoting, French Doors to Sunroom, built-in shelves, cabinetry and window seat
- Sun Room with terra cotta tile floors, French doors to Living Room
- Family Room with arched doorway, built-in storage cabinets, bookcases and entertainment center, speakers (wired for sound system), wall AC unit, recessed lighting, carpet, wood-burning fireplace with stone surround, wood mantle and granite hearth and crown molding
- Kitchen with granite counters, wide plank reclaimed wood floors, Breakfast area, 2 large window seats, large decorative paned windows, GE Profile double wall oven, Jennair gas cooktop in center island, double sink with disposal, separate prep sink, dishwasher, recessed lighting, pendant light over center island; large pantry with plumbing (converted from laundry room), tile backsplash, built-in desk and book shelves; rear staircase to second level and staircase to basement level
- Den/Bedroom 7 with wood paneled cathedral ceiling and wood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding, built-in shelving/closet, door to front porch
- En-Suite Bath with tiled stall shower and tile floor
- Powder Room with marble top vanity and marble floors, crown molding and decorative light fixture
- Exterior stone patio with rounded fieldstone retaining wall
- Galley hallway with hardwood floors and crown moldings, stained glass window ensconced in section of original exterior brick wall, large linen closet and window seat; access to third level
- Master Suite with 2 walk-in closets with custom shelving, hardwood floors, built-ins, French doors, cathedral ceiling with ceiling fan, separate sitting area
- Master Bath with tile floor, marble top vanity with double sinks, whirlpool tub with marble surround and separate tiled stall shower
- Bedroom #4 features double closet with built-in drawers, original wood floors and En Suite Bath with Corian topped vanity with tile backsplash, crown molding, and shower over tub
- Bedroom #3 with walk-in closet, hardwood floors and windows with decorative moldings; En Suite Bath with ceramic tile, shower over tub, Corian vanity
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors
- Office with pocket doors, wood floors and decorative windows
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, sink, shelving and folding area, large windows and washer/dryer
- Bedroom #5 with sitting room, closet, hardwood floors, built-in dresser and desk and window seat and En Suite Bath with white ceramic tile floors, vanity and stall shower
- Bedroom #6 with wood floors, window seat and access to attic storage
- Unfinished basement with storage room, utility room, powder room and exercise room
Additional Features and Updates
- Bluestone patio
- Security/Fire alarm system
- Sump pump and French drains
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- Back staircase
- Electric Fence
- Bedroom 7, full bathroom (2013)
- Extended front foyer, main staircase, Master bedroom suite, bedroom 6 suite (2003)
Schedule a Showing
One of the most sought-after towns in the tri-State area, Millburn/Short Hills combines a gracious atmosphere with a cosmopolitan array of offerings. Incorporated in 1857, the Townships of Millburn boasts beautiful architecture that includes gorgeous Colonial, Tudor and Victorian style homes and a rich history that imbues the area with a classic, old-world charm. Quaint and energetic, the area’s delightful downtown is also the heart of this vibrant town, playing host to street fairs, parades and other events throughout the year that pull residents together, creating bonds and a strong sense of community. Comfortable living and historic elegance along with its excellent school district and easy commuting options combine to make Millburn/Sh...
One of the most sought-after towns in the tri-State area, Millburn/Short Hills combines a gracious atmosphere with a cosmopolitan array of offerings. Incorporated in 1857, the Townships of Millburn boasts beautiful architecture that includes gorgeous Colonial, Tudor and Victorian style homes and a rich history that imbues the area with a classic, old-world charm. Quaint and energetic, the area’s delightful downtown is also the heart of this vibrant town, playing host to street fairs, parades and other events throughout the year that pull residents together, creating bonds and a strong sense of community. Comfortable living and historic elegance along with its excellent school district and easy commuting options combine to make Millburn/Short Hills a beloved locale that its residents adore.
- 34 minutes to NYC
Big or Small, we sell them all
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.