Renovated Colonial On Quiet Cul-De-Sac Street In Poets Section
Living at 6 Fielding Rd
New Listing For Sale! 6 Fielding Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Call The Sue Adler Team For More Information 973-936-9129
Welcome to 6 Fielding Road, a meticulously maintained colonial located on a quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of the Poet Section of Short Hills. Loving care and thoughtful updates have kept this home fresh, modern and absolutely move-in ready.
After entering the home through a rich looking wooden door with leaded glass accents, an inviting Entry Foyer with gleaming wide plank wood floors leads to an abundance of well planned living and dining spaces. Proceed straight through an archway with column style moldings into the spacious Living Room where the fireplace takes center stage. It’s a truly refined setting for intimate conversation or festive holiday celebrations alike. Continue into the elegant Dining Room where guests are comfortably seated with views of the outdoor greenery. Built-in corner cabinets provide convenient storage and display space for you favorite collectibles and a broad archway leads to a light and airy Family Room with a fully windowed wall looking out to the lush backyard.
Central to the open first level is the Kitchen inspired by any cook’s dream. Equipped with top-of-the-line stainless appliances and custom French country cabinetry accented by granite countertops, this is the perfect setup for preparing a quick snack to enjoy at the
L-shaped island Breakfast Bar, or a more casual meal to be enjoyed in the neighboring Breakfast Room boasting built-in custom cabinetry and an attractive granite serving counter. Sliding doors lead to an outdoor multi-level set-up that’s perfect for entertaining. Enjoy some time shaded by a canopy of mature trees as you relax on the wooden deck with steps leading to an attractive rounded brick patio and access to the large flat lawn and perennial gardens below. A fully equipped Office with two built-in desks and a cozy rounded fireplace provides the perfect space to work from home while a conveniently located Powder Room completes the first level living space.
Four bedrooms and two full baths located on the second level assure everyone’s complete comfort. The Master Suite features a spacious bedroom with a luxurious en suite bath and a spacious walk-in closet with attractive built-in shelving. Settle in to a comfortable chair beneath one of four large windows to simply enjoy views of the lush greenery outside. Three light and airy additional bedrooms, each with carpeting, plenty of closet space and unique dormer windows as well as a full Hall Bath are perfect for family and guests as needed.
And there’s more…the finished lower level provides great space for family entertainment and includes a comfortable carpeted Recreation Room with extensive storage space, a hobby alcove that’s perfect for a multitude of crafty projects and a cozy Bonus Room adjacent to a full bath. A conveniently located Laundry Room with a full wall of cedar closets and additional unfinished storage and utility areas are sure to meet all your needs.
With it’s sought after location, Blue Ribbon schools, easy access to NYC transportation, and world class shopping and restaurants, 6 Fielding Road is the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 6 Fielding Road, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, crown moldings, crystal ceiling fixture, coat closet, moldings with column detailing, staircase to second level and access to Kitchen and Living Room
- Living Room featuring wide plank hardwood floors, deep crown moldings, fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and paneled wall above, 3 large windows with window treatments, window seat, corner cabinet with display shelving, recessed lighting and broad archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, chair rail, crown moldings, 2 built-in cabinets with glass doors and display shelving, crystal chandelier, broad archway to Dining Room and doorway leading to Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring wide plank hardwood floors, custom cabinetry with stainless steel appliances including KitchenAid refrigerator/freezer, 4 –burner cooktop with 1.5 ovens below, microwave, Bosch dishwasher, stainless steel sink with disposal, granite countertops, travertine backsplash, L-shaped island with storage and breakfast bar window alcove with wood blinds
- Breakfast Room featuring hardwood floors, built-in cabinetry with granite serving surface, full windowed wall with sliders to deck, chandelier, broad archway to Family Room and exterior side door to garage breezeway and brick patio
- Family Room with hardwood floors, 2 windows with window treatments including large picture overlooking backyard, recessed lighting, crown moldings and archway to Dining Room
- Office with hardwood floors, fireplace with half round brick hearth and wainscot paneled wall above, chair rail, built-in bookcase with storage cabinets below, 2 built-in cherry wood desks with cabinets above, 2 large windows with wood blinds and closet with built-in shelving
- Powder Room with tile floor, vanity with white porcelain sink and mirror above, 2 sconces, window with decorative shutters
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors, linen closet and 2 ceiling fixtures
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, 2 dormer windows with Roman shades and 2 additional windows with window treatments, large walk-in closet with custom shelving, hardwood floors and recessed lights, en suite bath with tile floor, walk-in shower with glass door, tiled walls with decorative accents and built-in seat, vanity with sink, granite counter with decorative tile backsplash, cabinets below and full mirrored wall above, 2 sconces, commode alcove, window with shutters, built-in cabinet for toiletries/linens
- Bedroom #2 with carpet (parquet wood floors below), 2 dormer windows (one with built-in desk), closet
- Bedroom #3 with carpet (parquet wood floors below) 2 windows with Roman shades, crown moldings, large double closet with custom shelving
- Bedroom #4 with carpet parquet wood floor below), iron chandelier, large closet with built-in shelving, 2 windows with Roman shades
- Full Hall Bath with tile floor, shower over tub with glass door, contemporary vanity with sink and mirror above, commode alcove, built-in linen cabinet, window with Roman shade
- Recreation Room with carpet, hobby alcove and multiple storage closets with shelving
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile floor, water softener, wall of cedar closets and cabinets with deep drawers, utility sink with cabinets, folding surface, 2 large fluorescent lights and access to utilities
- Bonus Room with carpet, closet and access to full bath
- Full Bath with tile floor, stall shower, vanity with sink and storage below, supplemental baseboard heat, fluorescent lighting
- Utility Room
- Interior and exterior painting (2015)
- Family Room Pella roll out windows (2014)
- Pella windows throughout (all replaced less two in the past 5 years)
- All new interior doors with Emtek crystal knobs installed (2014)
- New carpet installed throughout home (2014)
- All new Smith & Noble window treatments (2014)
- American Hickory 6” plank wood floors installed (2014)
- Sump pump (Everbilt with 5 year warranty) (2014)
- Breakfast room patio door (2014)
- 2-Zone forced air heat and AC (smart phone controllable with Honeywell on the 1st level and Nest on the 2nd level) (2014)
- Recessed lighting on the 1st level and ceiling lights on 2nd level converted to LED (20+ year life) (2014)
- Garbage disposal (inSinkErator – Evolution Select Plus ¾ HP) (2014)
- Goaliath in-ground basketball hoop with 60” glass backboard and Yard Defender net yard protector (2014)
- 2 Car detached garage with electric doors, built-in storage cabinets and covered walkway to home
- Professionally landscaped property with underground sprinkler system, stone retaining walls, perennial garden and zip line
- Multi-level recreation space in rear of home including deck, patio and flat fully fenced in lawn
- French drains and dehumidifier in lower level
Schedule a Showing
Big or Small, we sell them all
Email Property Alerts
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.