10 Ashland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901Summit
- 10 Ashland Rd
- 2 Full and 3 Half
New Listing for Sale! 10 Ashland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
Call The Sue Adler Team 973-936-9129
Sold! Price: $899,000
Welcome to 10 Ashland Road, a lovingly upgraded home in the heart of Summit. The charm of the home is instantly apparent upon arrival as you step up through the sunny entry vestibule and into the welcoming Living Room featuring hardwood floors and a stately wood-burning fireplace that serves as the focal point of the room. The intricately detailed wooden mantel flanked by built-in shelves and storage provides an impressive backdrop for gatherings both large and small. Windows on either side hint at the adjacent Sun Room that’s the perfect place to watch TV or cozy up with a book as light streams in through large windows on three sides.
Proceed through a broad archway into the formal Dining Room that’s highlighted by an attractive built-in corner cabinet with glassed paned doors – the perfect place to showcase your favorite collectibles. Dining with views of the lovely backyard will surely please your guests while preparing meals in the nearby Kitchen is a dream thanks to high-end stainless steel appliances and plenty of counter space accented by a sleek glass tile backsplash. Enjoy a quick snack at the Breakfast Bar or proceed through the sliding doors to the raised wooden deck with plenty of room for lounging while enjoying meals prepared on the barbecue grill.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level. The spacious Master Suite beckons with hardwood floors and large windows overlooking the backyard greenery. A 2013 addition/renovation boasts an adjacent dressing area with plenty of storage space, a large walk-in closet with built-ins and an attractive built-in vanity table nestled below a window that affords plenty of natural light. Continue on into the spa-like en suite bath featuring attractive porcelain floors with radiant heat, a Corian topped vanity with double sinks and a luxurious jetted tub with rain showerhead above. Two generous sized bedrooms with hardwood floors, ample closet space and plenty of light streaming through their large windows provide an abundance of living space for family and guests. A full Hallway Bath finishes the second level. Continue on to the sunny 3rd level that provides multiple options with an additional bedroom and Powder Room just outside.
And there’s more…a finished lower level Recreation Room and charming adjacent built-in bar provide the perfect place for entertaining and family fun. With plenty of storage space, a fully equipped tiled Laundry Room and a conveniently located Powder Room, the lower level is sure to meet all your needs. Outdoors, a canopy of mature trees surrounding the backyard provides ample privacy and a lush flat lawn is the perfect place for family fun and outdoor hobbies.
Within easy walking distance to schools, fabulous shopping and restaurants as well as public transportation into nearby Manhattan, 10 Ashland Road is a wonderful place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 10 Ashland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
- Entry Vestibule with patterned ceramic tile floor, coat closet, light fixture, crown moldings, front door with glass panes and side lights and French door to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, dentil moldings, large picture window with wood blinds, fireplace with intricately detailed wood mantel and brick surround flanked by built-in book/display shelves with windows to Sun Room on either side, large mirror above fireplace, archway to Dining Room and staircase to second level
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, built-in corner cabinet with glass paneled doors and display shelving, 2 windows with window treatments, dentil moldings, chair rail; French door to Sun Room and archway to Kitchen
- Sun Room with hardwood floors, 3 full windowed walls with window treatments, painted brick accent wall, ceiling fan and accent windows with Living Room views
- Kitchen with faux wood patterned tile floor, bay window with ceramic tile and light fixture, double sink, U-shaped Quartz countertop with breakfast bar and light fixture above, stainless steel appliances including Viking 4 burner range with gas oven below, built-in microwave, GE refrigerator/freezer with water/ice dispenser in door, dishwasher, recessed lights, built-in cubby/storage nook, full slate/chalkboard wall, large pantry closet, ceiling fan, recessed lights, built-in shelves, sliders to raised wood deck; access to Powder Room and staircase to side door and lower level
- Powder Room featuring pedestal sink with light fixture above, window with Roman shade, faux wood grain tile floor and recessed light
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors and access to third level staircase
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, 2 windows with blinds and decorative treatments, doorway to dressing area with carpet, built-in shelves, walk-in closet with built-in shelving, vanity alcove with drawer space, mirror and window above, light fixture, recessed lighting and access to Master Bath with recessed lights, porcelain tile floor and half wall, 2 sink Corian topped vanity with storage below and mirror above, shower over jetted spa tub with porcelain tile walls, hand held and rain shower heads, built-in medicine cabinet and window with backyard views
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, closet with built-in shelving, 3 large windows with blinds
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, closet and 2 large windows with shades and decorative window valence
- Hall Bath with mosaic tile floor, large sink and vanity with Corian countertop, 2 sconces, window with blinds, shower over tub with subway tile walls and hand held shower head, linen closet with shelves, recessed lights
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, dormer ceiling, walk-in closet with shelving and window, built-in display shelving, light fixture and 2 windows with window treatments
- Powder Room with hardwood floors, pedestal sink, built-in medicine cabinet with mirror, sconce and recessed lighting, dormer alcove with window and doorway to large attic storage area
- Stone floor landing with side door to driveway
- Recreation Room with carpet and painted wood paneling, recessed lighting, built-in shelves, built-in bar with glass shelving, grade level window
- Laundry Room with washer, dryer, utility sink, shelving and ceramic tile floor
- Powder Room with commode, sink, sconce and grade level window
- Utility Room
- Storage Room with refrigerator
- Oversized 1-car detached garage with shelving and electric door opener
- 1 Zone central air conditioning
- Steam heat throughout home
- Professionally landscaped property with underground sprinkler
- Backyard swing set
- Driveway repaved (2015)
- Kitchen renovation (2013)
- Master Bath/dressing area renovation (2013)
- Third floor addition including bedroom and powder room (2013)
- Radiant heat in Master Bath, Hall Bath and 1st Level Powder Room
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.