12 Overlook Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928Chatham
12 Overlook Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 12 Overlook Rd
- 2 Full and 1 Half
Sold! 12 Overlook Rd, Chatham Boro, NJ 07928
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
A short drive through the tree-lined streets of desirable Chatham Borough brings you to the move-in ready Cape Cod home at 12 Overlook Road. Charming period details combined with modern upgrades make this home a must see!
Step through the front door into the welcoming Living Room where gleaming hardwood floors and large windows create a light filled room that’s ideal for family gatherings and fun times with friends. Continue on through a broad archway into the formal Dining Room to enjoy meals prepared in the adjacent updated Kitchen equipped with maple cabinetry and stainless steel appliances accented by warm hued granite countertops and tumbled marble backsplash. The conveniently located Mud Room with ample pantry storage also provides access to the backyard while spacious Guest Bedroom and an updated Powder Room located just off the Living Room complete the first level living space. Take note of the original crystal doorknobs throughout that add an elegant charm to the home.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the day, proceed up the stairway to the second level where 2 bedrooms and a fully renovated hall bath meet all your personal needs. The spacious Master Bedroom has plenty of closet space and attractive oak floors, and the cheery second bedroom with large windows is sure to please as well.
And there’s more…a light and airy finished lower level provides great space for day and night entertainment and includes an expansive Recreation Room that’s not only ideal for family fun but provides plenty of options for storage as well. You are sure to enjoy evenings at home in front of a big screen TV that sits comfortably in the attractive built-in wall unit. Outside, a lush flat lawn provides an inviting backdrop for outdoor entertaining on the raised wooden deck, while the spacious corner lot assures plenty of room for all your outdoor hobbies.
This move-in ready home has been lovingly upgraded both inside and out.
Top-notch schools, easy access to NYC transportation and world class shopping and restaurants are simply the icing on the cake.
Floor by floor details of 12 Overlook Rd, Chatham, NJ 07928
- Covered portico leading to front door
- Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, ceiling fan, deep base moldings, 2 large windows with window treatments; broad archway to Dining Room and access to stairway to second level, Bedroom #1 and Powder Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, iron chandelier, 2 large windows with window treatments and doorway to Kitchen
- Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, granite countertops, light wood cabinetry, tumbled marble backsplash, stainless steel Frigidaire refrigerator/freezer, Kenmore 4 burner gas range with oven below, KitchenAid dishwasher, 2 windows with window treatments; access to lower level and Mud Room
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, pantry/storage area and door to raised rear deck
- Bedroom #3 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, closet, light fixture and 2 windows with wood blinds
- Powder Room with ceramic tile floor, pedestal sink with mirror above, 2 sconces and large window with window treatments
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors and large picture window with window treatments
- Master Bedroom with carpet, ceiling fan, 2 double closets with wire shelving, additional storage closet below dormer ceiling, 2 windows with wood blinds
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, ceiling fan, double closet with bi-fold doors, storage closet under dormer ceiling, window with wood blinds
- Full Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor, vanity with Corian countertop, sink and storage below and mirror above, light fixture, privacy window with frosted glass, linen closet and sconce
- Large pantry closet with wire shelving
- Recreation Room with carpet, full wall built-in unit with shelves and storage cabinets, chair rail with white paneling below, built-in window seat, recessed lighting, 3 grade level windows with wood blinds, 2 large storage closets
- Full Bath with slate tile floor, pedestal sink with mirror above, commode, stall shower with slate tile walls and glass door, sconce
- Laundry/Utility Room with washer and dryer and utility sink
- Large unfinished storage area with refrigerator, dehumidifier and staircase leading to exterior door and driveway
- 1 Zone forced air heat and central air conditioning
- Detached 2-car Garage with electric door and attic storage area
- Home Warranty through March 2016
- Garage roof newly shingled August 2015
- Home roof repaired and front half replaced August 2015
- Updated bathrooms and kitchen
- Fenced-in rear yard with flat lawn Extra long driveway with space for multicar parking
- Professional landscaping with perennials
- ADT security system
- Blocks to NYC train, town and schools
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.