Gracious and Updated 5 Bedroom Chatham Township HomeChatham
16 Jay Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
- 16 Jay Rd
- .46 Acres
- 2 Full and 2 Half Bathroom
16 Jay Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
Call Sue 973-936-9192
New Price: $1,135,000 | MLS#: 3219735
The tree-lined streets of Chatham Township are just an inviting prelude to the home at 16 Jay Road, an expanded cape style home with wonderful curbside appeal and flexible living spaces. You’ll be instantly drawn in as you approach the home and see flowers cascading from the charming window boxes. A short walk up the bluestone path and through the wooden door with decorative sidelights leads you into the welcoming Entry Foyer and your first glimpse of all this home has to offer.
Proceed into the Living Room where warm hued hardwood floors, large front facing windows and attractive dentil moldings set the perfect tone for quiet TV time with the family or a festive get together, while enjoying the warmth emanating from the large fireplace. Continue onto the Kitchen, fitted with custom cabinetry accented by Corian countertops and high end stainless appliances that make preparation a dream. A two-tiered Corian center island serves as both a spacious food prep area and as a convenient desk space for daily paperwork. The Kitchen is open to the Dining Room and to an inviting Family Room with vaulted ceilings, large windows overlooking the expansive backyard and sliding doors leading the wooden deck and brick paver patio below. It’s a perfect place to gather for some quality family time. For some relaxation, proceed to the nearby Sun Room with three fully windowed walls and enjoy lounging with your favorite book as the suns rays stream in from every angle. On the opposite side of the home, a charming office with distinctive stained glass doors provides the perfect place to work from home while a conveniently located Powder Room completes the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire for the night, proceed up the grand center staircase to one of the 4 bedrooms and 2 baths on the second level. The light filled Master Suite awaits with plenty of closet space and a spa-like en suite bath with granite topped vanity and built-in framed mirror. Enjoy time in the sunken tub that sits just below windows facing the greenery outside. 3 additional bedrooms with plenty of closet space and daylight assure everyone enjoys their own personal retreat with the convenience of a Full Hall Bath just outside.
And there’s more…on the way down to a fully finished lower level you’ll enjoy easy access to a fully equipped Laundry Room as well as to the 2 car garage. Continue down the stairs to a spacious Recreation Room that provides plenty of space for day and night fun. An additional bedroom with exterior access and a recently upgraded en suite Powder Room assures additional options for your family’s changing needs.
16 Jay Road boasts an extremely flexible floor plan, generous interior spaces, a prime location and pretty setting together in one fabulous package…it’s the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor details of 16 Jay Rd Chatham, NJ 07928
- Entry Foyer with hardwood floors, double height ceilings, chandelier with medallion, wood door with side lights, coat closet, recessed lighting, decorative accent window, stained glass doors to Office and archway to Living Room
- Living Room with hardwood floors, dentil moldings, fireplace with wood mantel and marble surround, large wall of windows and archway to Breakfast Room and Family Room
- Sun Room with original pine paneling, hardwood floors, crown moldings, built-in shelving/bookcases and large windows on three sides
- Dining Room (open to Kitchen) with hardwood floors, light fixture and windows facing backyard
- Kitchen with custom cherry cabinetry fitted with pullout drawers, Corian countertops, travertine backsplash with decorative glass tile accents, ceramic tile floors, recessed lighting and large pantry with shelving, high end stainless steel appliances including GE Profile 5 burner range/gas oven, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, and microwave, 2 tier center island with work area, breakfast bar and pendant lighting, Corian serving ledge open to Family Room
- Family Room with vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan/light, ceramic tile floors with radiant heat, 2 large windowed walls, recessed lighting, built-in speakers for sound system, sliding doors to wooden deck with built-in sound system
- Powder Room with pedestal sink, tile floor with radiant heat, built-in cabinet, 2 sconces, recessed lighting, crown molding and half bead board wall with chair rail
- Office with stained glass double doors, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, closet, large window facing front yard
- Laundry Room with washer/dryer, radiant heat ceramic tile floor, broom closet, folding surface, bead board backsplash, storage cabinets, walk-in closet with built-in shelves, built-in bench, recessed lighting, door to brick paver patio and stairway to finished lower level
- Gallery Landing (overlooking entry foyer) with hardwood floors, 3 sconces and pull-down stairs to attic storage
- Master Bedroom featuring carpet, large windows facing backyard, full wall of closets, ceiling fan/light, baseboard heating and en suite Bath with heated marble tile floors, sunken soaking tub with tile surround, recessed lighting, walk-in shower with glass doors, vanity with marble countertop (with cutout for laundry basket) and cabinets, large built-in mirror, 2 sconces, medicine chest
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, large windows with shades, double closet with sliding doors, recessed lighting, ceiling fan
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, ceiling fan/light, double closet, baseboard heat and windows with shades
- Bedroom #4 with hardwood floors, closet with built-in shelves, 3 windows with shades, ceiling fan/light
- Hall Bath with ceramic tile floor, tiled walk-in shower with glass doors, vanity with sink and cabinets below, built-in cabinet and light fixture
- Access to 2 car garage with electric doors
- Recreation Room with carpet, recessed lights, built-in shelves, storage closet, dry bar with Formica countertop, grade level windows with shades
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, recessed lights, crown moldings, grade level windows, en suite powder room with tile floor, vanity with sink and cabinet, closet, access to exterior of home
- Unfinished storage room with extra refrigerator and freezer
- Oversized hot water heater
- Private, professionally landscaped property with wood deck, brick paver patio with hot tub, door to Laundry/Mud Room
- 2 Zone Heat/AC with radiant heated tile floors and supplemental baseboard heating
- 2 Sump pumps with battery backup (new 2005)
- Family Room addition (2005) with renovation in 2013
- 2 car garage with new electric doors (2015)
- New Kitchen appliances (2012)
- New carpet in lower level Recreation Room (2014)
- Lower level Powder Room renovation (2015)
- Designated line installed for generator (2014) (generator not included)
Visit The Community
The School District of the Chathams is one of the best aspects of the Chatham area, known for its high standards, family involvement, and community engagement. Educational excellence is highly valued in the Chatham community, and the district receives support from The Chatham Education Foundation of New Jersey, a very active group of parents and community members who work to provide their school system with additional resources and programs. The School District of The Chathams is served by four elementary schools (Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard,Washington Avenue, and Lafayette School), Chatham Middle School and Chatham High School. Every one of these institutions boast a reputation for striving to meet the needs of every child through carefully tailored curriculums and an individualized approach that is tailored to meet the needs of each student. This degree of excellence has not gone unnoticed – Chatham High School was recently awarded with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. The district also offers athletic, musical, and theatre programs that help students to excel outside of the classroom and expand their fields of interest. Without a doubt, education is a top priority in The Chatham area.
With beautiful homes, gorgeous scenery, and fabulous amenities within 25 miles of New York, it is no surprise that Chatham is an extremely popular area for commuters. Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 45 minutes, as well as a direct train line to Hoboken. Many homes in Chatham Borough are within walking or biking distance of the Chatham train station, making it easy for commuters to get to work without the harrowing experience of trying to grab a parking spot early in the morning.
Chatham’s location provides easy access to routes I-78 and I-287, the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway, and Route 280. The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away, and New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains, and Greystone Park.