New! Turn Key South Orange ColonialSouth Orange
178 Great Hills Drive South Orange, NJ 07079 – SOLD!
- 178 Great Hills Drive
- South Orange
- 3full 2 half
MLS#2938854 Spacious 4 bedroom 3 full 2 half bath Center Hall Colonial in desirable Newstead section, nothing to do but unpack. This move in ready gem features an open floorplan where rooms flow effortlessly into one another. All renovations have been done including, updated kitchen with circular island, renovated bathrooms, refinished hardwood floors, fresh paint, finished basement and so much more! Centrally located near Schools, block to Jitney stop to NYC direct trains, shops, and recreation.
The First level
- Entry foyer with tile flooring
- Formal Living Room with recessed lighting, dark wood floors, crown molding, picture window, fireplace with marble hearth, floor to ceiling windows with banquette sitting looking over rear patio and rear yard.
- Den/Study- laminate wood floor, with lots of windows ushering in natural sunlight
- Formal Dining Room- Parquet wood floor, crown molding, French sliding doors to patio.
- Modern open kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, center island with breakfast bar and pendant accent lighting, stone tile back splash, gas range, double wall oven, walk-in pantry.
- Family Room opens to the kitchen, built in shelving.
- Master Bedroom-crown molding, carpet, recessed lighting, large walk-in closet- separate office/sitting room with built-in shelving.
- Master Bathroom-walk-in shower, double vanity sink, tile floor.
- Hall Bath- tile floor, shower over tub
- Bedroom 2-carpet, large closet
- Bedroom 3-carpet, walk-in closet
- Bedroom 4- large closet
- Hall Bath- tile floor, subway tile back splash, shower over tub
- Recreation room with carpet plenty of closet space
- Powder Room
- Laundry Room
- Garage- two car built under
- Slate patio accessed through french doors in the formal dining room
- large backyard with mature landscaping and plenty of room for outdoor play
- Slate walkway
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.