20 Ferndale Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 4 full, 1 half
- $5,658 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Elegance, sophistication and remarkable craftsmanship abound in this pristine move-in ready 5 Bedroom, 4 ½ Bathroom Colonial in the heart of Old Short Hills minutes to Blue Ribbon schools, downtown Millburn restaurants and shopping and Short Hills train station/Midtown Direct Train. Unbelievable park-like piece of property with 2 flagstone patios and magnificent, deep lot! Elegant moldings, a graceful floor plan, gleaming hardwood floors, exquisite Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with custom cabinetry. Gracious Dining and Living Rooms. Incredible Office/Library with fireplace. Amazing Family Room off Kitchen leading to fabulous outdoor entertaining space. 2nd level features magnificent Master Bedroom Suite, ENORMOUS Dressing Room with island and custom Walk-In Closets and spa-like en suite bath. 4 other generous bedrooms (2 sharing Jack and Jill Bath, 2 sharing Hall Bath) with great closet space. Desirable Second Floor Laundry Room. Amazing Lower Level with spectacular Recreation Room for entertaining, Work Room and room for a Wine Cellar and Children’s Playroom. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a home with the utmost style, craftsmanship and design in one of Short Hill’s most prestigious neighborhoods!
Room by Room Details of 20 Ferndale Road, Short Hills
- Entry Foyer featuring granite floor tile, flush mount light fixture, Double Door Coat Closet, baseboard molding, curved staircase to Second Level, double doors to Kitchen
- Powder Room featuring granite floor tile, pedestal sink, decorative window, 2 light sconce, baseboard molding, fan
- Office/Library featuring French door at entry, hardwood floors, wood burning fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround and hearth, custom built ins throughout with 2 Desk Areas, book shelves, file drawers and concealed storage, large picture window, recessed lighting
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, huge picture window overlooking lush backyard, custom built ins with open and concealed storage, window seat, dentil crown molding, baseboard molding, archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, French door with floor to ceiling windows out to Patio, chair rail, dentil crown molding, baseboard molding, double doors to Kitchen
- Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom wood cabinetry, granite countertops, tumbled tile backsplash, recessed lighting, under counter lighting, island with seating for 3, window over sink with shade, built in Desk Area with storage and file drawers, GE stainless refrigerator/freezer, GE Profile double ovens, Kenmore stainless dishwasher, GE Profile 5-burner cooktop, built in area for microwave, Pantry with 3 doors and floor to ceiling shelving, Breakfast Area with designer chandelier with drum shade, window with shade, door to Lower Level, Mud Room and step down to Family Room.
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, gas fireplace with custom millwork mantle and stone surround and hearth, French door and wall of floor to ceiling windows overlooking Patio, oversized casement windows, custom built ins with open and concealed storage including media storage, recessed lighting, crown molding, baseboard molding
- Mud Room featuring tile flooring, door to side yard/driveway, custom built in seat with storage, hooks for jackets, Double Door Coat Closet, Broom Closet, flush mount light fixture
- Full Bathroom off of Mudroom featuring tile flooring, vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet, and wall mounted cabinet with mirrors, Glass door shower in separate room with shade and valance
- Detached oversized 2 car garage with storage cabinets and loft-like storage above
- Second Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, flush mount light fixtures, baseboard molding, large Linen Closet
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring Sitting Area at entry, hardwood floors, crown molding, baseboard molding, Bedroom Area featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, architectural arched window, ceiling fan, recessed lighting, crown molding, baseboard molding
- Master Dressing Room featuring custom built ins with adjustable and hanging storage, Dressing Island with drawers and hanging storage, recessed lighting, 2 additional Walk In Closets with custom shelving and hanging storage, Linen Closet, 2 windows, shades
- Master Bathroom featuring tile flooring with mosaic accent tile, custom double vanity with marble countertop, custom vanity area, above counter vanity storage, glass door shower with tile surround, flush mount light fixture, sconces, built in soaking tub, vaulted ceiling, crown molding, baseboard molding, 2 fans, shades
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, 2 large windows, shades, Double Door Closet, door to Jack and Jill Bath
- Jack and Jill Bathroom featuring custom wood vanity, quartz countertop, tile flooring, tile wainscoting, glass door shower, sconce, recessed light, fan, window
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, crown molding, 2 large windows, shades, Double Door Closet, door to Jack and Jill Bath
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, windows at 2 exposures, shades, Double Door Closet, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, windows at 2 exposures, shades, Double Door Closet, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Full Hall Bathroom featuring tile flooring, tile wainscoting, wall to wall double vanity with Corian countertop, 2 medicine cabinets, shower over tub with tile surround, flush mount light fixtures, window and curtain
- 2nd Floor Laundry Room featuring floor tile, wall to wall custom built ins (above and below) with laminate countertop, cabinet with sink, LG Washer and Dryer, under counter lighting, recessed lighting, window
- Recreation Room featuring concrete floor, recessed lighting, Closet with shelving, Built in space for second refrigerator
- Huge Utility/Workroom with work bench and utility sink
- Storage Room (easily converted to Wine Cellar)
- Bonus Room that can be used as media room, art studio, exercise area, etc.
- 2 flagstone patios
- Deep, level yard with professional landscaping
- Mature specimen trees
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country for a seemingly infinite number of reasons. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and easy access to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area, and, whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods, or farm-fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of shopping options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America, and this concentration of artists helps shape the area’s distinguished character. [optima_express_toppicks id="236519" sortBy="pd" displayType="grid" resultsPerPage="6" header="false" includeMap="false"]
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Short Hills Commuting Info
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
2018 New Jersey Monthly High School Rankings Are Out! Our Midtown Direct Towns Shine!READ MORE
2017 Short Hills / Millburn New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
Matchmaker Monday | Short Hills | Agent Partner: Dennis Byun 973-936-9129READ MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC