217 Raymond Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079South Orange
217 Raymond Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079
- 217 Raymond Ave
- South Orange
- .447 Acres
- 3 full, 1 half
Sold! 217 Raymond Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079
Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
Sold! Price: $845,000
Welcome to 217 Raymond Avenue, an updated Tudor Revival home in the heart of the historic Montrose section of South Orange. Situated on a desirable deep lot surrounded by lush green lawns, spreading shade trees and decorative plantings, this stately home is a true gem!
Upon arrival, you’ll proceed up the stone walkway to the covered portico where a custom mahogany and glass front door provides your first taste of this truly elegant home. The inviting Entry Foyer with dark hardwood floors and deep crown moldings is your introduction to a multitude of living and entertaining spaces. Step through the large archway to the left into the Formal Dining Room featuring a corner fireplace, large windows with Plantation shades and an iron chandelier that truly makes a statement. It’s the perfect spot for an elegant meal with family or friends. Continue on through a conveniently located home Office with unique wood beamed ceiling into the Family Room where, bathed in natural sunlight streaming in through floor-to-ceiling windows, you’ll enjoy relaxing views of the pool and patio while you cozy up for an afternoon respite.
Continue on into the Kitchen where custom cherry cabinetry, top of the line appliances accented by fine granite and marble tile backsplash provide the ideal setting for the preparation of a gourmet creation or a quick snack that’s easily enjoyed in the dining alcove outfitted with 3 attractive pendant lights. Afterwards, take advantage of the choice of spacious options in which to retire…Enjoy the expansive front-to-back Living Room that’s the perfect setting for get-togethers large and small. Gather round the impressive fireplace for some conversation with friends while playing background music to set the mood. Three steps lead up to a raised sitting overlooking the spectacular backyard views. The sundrenched Family Room is sure to please with floor-to-ceiling windows and access to the magnificent backyard highlighted by an enormous stone patio, free form in-ground pool and grassy play area… picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs, appetizing smells coming from the barbeque grill and your favorite music piped in through built-in speakers. A Powder Room with custom details and a convenient laundry area completes the first level floor plan.
When it’s time to retire for the night, proceed up the stairs to one of 5 bedrooms and 3 baths located on the second and third levels of the home. Luxury surrounds you in the Master Suite as the flickering flames from the wood-burning fireplace welcome you. The impeccably designed suite is filled with light from large windows facing the front yard and boasts an adjacent dressing area/sitting room with 2 full walls of closets. An en-suite, spa-like Master Bath beckons with French limestone floors, a vanity with 2 sinks and a double walk-in shower with glass mosaic tile surround, jets and 2 separate showerheads. Just down the hall is another spacious bedroom featuring hardwood floors large windows and a sitting area. A conveniently located hall bath with modern updates completes the 2nd level while 3 additional bedrooms, all with charming angled ceilings, and another hall bath are sure to meet all your family and guest needs.
And there’s more…the finished lower level provides great space for day and night entertainment and includes an expansive Recreation Room that’s ideal for family fun while providing walk-out access to the patio/pool area. A conveniently located Powder Room, Laundry Room and an unfinished storage room with Kitchen amenities including a stove, sink and freezer are sure to come in handy.
With an abundance of period charm enhanced by an array of updated amenities, 217 Raymond Avenue is a truly special property. Easy access to local shopping, dining and NYC transportation, make it the perfect place to call home.
Floor by Floor Details of 217 Raymond Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079
- Entry Foyer with crown moldings, hardwood floor, light fixture and access to Living Room, Dining Room and corridor to Kitchen and stairway to second level
- Front-to-back Living Room with hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, bead board tray ceiling, wood burning fireplace with wood mantel, brick hearth and surround, iron chandelier, Pioneer TV with wall mount, wired for sound, 5 double hung windows with wood plantation shutters and raised sitting area with hardwood staircase to second level and three windows overlooking the backyard pool and patio
- Formal Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, crown moldings, corner fireplace with wood mantel, brick surround and brick hearth, iron chandelier, 2 windows facing front of property with wood plantation shutters and 2 additional side exposure windows with window treatments and pocket door leading to adjacent Office/Butler’s Pantry
- Office/Butler’s Pantry with wide planked hardwood floors, rustic beamed ceiling, recessed lights; archway to Family Room and access to Kitchen
- Family Room with wide plank hardwood floors, 6 floor-to-ceiling windows running across 2 walls with views of backyard, pool and patio, leaded glass paned side door with access to covered porch and driveway, Laundry area with washer and dryer, TV with wall mount and speakers
- Powder Room with wide plank hardwood floors, bead board wainscoting and ceiling, Porcher vanity, Waterworks fixtures, Toto commode and 2 sconces
- Kitchen with hardwood floors, skylight, custom cherry cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including Viking Professional 4 burner gas stove with matching Viking exhaust hood and oven below, GE profile refrigerator/freezer, KitchenAid dishwasher, microwave, granite countertops, marble backsplash, stainless steel double sink with disposal and bow window above, Toshiba TV with wall mount, wired for sound, 3 pendant lights; Dutch door leads to rear foyer/mud room with access to lower level and pool, doorway leads to office and dining room, pocket door opens to front foyer
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, 2 light fixtures, built-in ceiling speakers, large linen closet with shelving and access to full hallway bath and stairway to third level
- Master Bedroom with hardwood floors, deep crown moldings, recessed lights, 5 large windows with front exposure, wood burning fireplace with wood mantel, brick hearth and surround, built-in ceiling speakers, wide archway to sitting/dressing room featuring 2 walls of closets with built-ins, paneled doors with inset glass windows; sliding doors to En Suite Bath
- En Suite Master Bath with French limestone floor, glass mosaic tile wall, vanity with 2 sinks, stone top and framed mirrors above, 2 sconces, recessed lighting, walk-in double shower with glass mosaic tile surround and 2 sets of fixtures with jets, window, separate water closet with miniature tile half-wall, recessed lighting and Toto commode
- Bedroom #2 with hardwood floors, crown moldings, deep base moldings, chair rail, recessed lighting, 4 large windows with front and rear exposures and window treatments, walk-in closet with shelving and additional storage closet, window alcove and separate sitting area
- Full Hall Bath with subway tile ½ wall, vanity with marble top, built-in medicine cabinet with fixture above, soaking tub with handheld shower and subway tile surround, Toto commode, built-in ceiling speakers and Toshiba wall mounted TV, large rear exposure window with shades
- Gallery landing with hardwood floors
- Bedroom #3 with carpet, angled ceiling with 2 large window side and rear exposure, recessed lights, storage closet
- Bedroom #4 with angled ceilings, carpet, recessed lights, closet and storage area
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, angled ceiling, recessed lights, 2 double door closets and 3 windows with side and front exposures
- Full Bath with wood textured tile floor, pedestal sink with fixture above, walk-in shower with glass door and tile surround, recessed lighting and rear exposure window with bamboo shades
- Recreation Room with wide plank wood laminate floors and built-in bookshelves, original painted brick wall; access to powder room and pool and patio
- Powder Room with bead board wainscoting and ceramic tile floor; adjacent vanity alcove with sink and granite countertops with storage cabinet below
- Storage Room/Kitchen with built-in storage cabinets, sink and freezer
- 2-Car detached garage with electric doors accessible via driveway with gate
- Professionally landscaped property with extensive border plantings, large shade trees and flat lawns
- Expansive Tennessee crab orchard flagstone patio surrounds custom designed Pugliese in-ground pool and hot tub with 2-zone audio system, brick paver walkway leads to storage shed
- Vinyl fence surrounding rear property
- ADT security system
- New hot water heater
- New 1-Zone AC / forced air heating
- Blocks to NYC trains and downtown shopping
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.