47 Glenview, South Orange, NJ 07079South Orange
47 Glenview, South Orange, NJ 07079
- 47 Glenview
- South Orange
The Sue Adler Team Represented both the Buyer and Seller in this sale!
Listing For Sale! 47 Glenview, South Orange, NJ 07079
For a Private Appointment, call Sue Adler 973-464-9129!
Move right in to this 4 Bedroom, 5 and ½ Full Bath Classic Center Hall Colonial in the prestigious Newstead section of South Orange just 20 miles west of Manhattan, with immediate access from the Jitney for Midtown Direct Trains. Situated on a large private lot which backs onto the gorgeous South Mountain Reservation this home should not be missed. Unique features include spacious rooms, hardwood floors, excellent flow and three ensuite bedrooms. Enjoy the Master Suite with two large walk-in closets, spacious and bright Living Room and Family Room, and a stone patio for entertaining. This home, located in one of South Orange’s most coveted neighborhoods, simply cannot be missed!
Welcome to 47 Glenview Drive! Move right in to this classic 4 Bedroom, 5 and ½ Bath Brick Center Hall Colonial located in the magnificent Newstead section of South Orange. With spacious, light rooms and excellent flow this home offers enhanced privacy as it backs directly onto the gorgeous South Mountain reservation.
Drive up the beautiful street with charming gas lights and mature trees. Stroll up the walkway to the welcoming front door with stunning sidelights and fanlight above. Enter the Foyer with beautiful hardwood floors and crown molding with elegant rope detail. The Living Room is ripe for entertaining with hardwood floors, stunning bow-shaped window and graceful fireplace with exquisite millwork and stone surround. Sit peacefully or enjoy a book in the gorgeous Three Season Porch with a charming beadboard ceiling and oversized windows with 3 beautiful exposures and views of the large, private yard. Flow easily into the Family Room with oversized sliding door and beautiful view of the lush backyard. Dinner parties will be elegant in the classic Dining Room with beautiful 6 over 6 divided light windows and stately wainscoting. The updated Kitchen features wood cabinetry, granite countertops, granite backsplash and easy access to the backyard’s lovely stone patio. The Kitchen is complimented by a charming Breakfast Area and Sitting Room with lovely built-ins ready to display china and family heirlooms. The first floor is rounded out by a generously sized powder room with separate vanity area.
Ready to retire for the evening? Walk up the beautifully curved staircase with hand-carved oak rail to the second floor landing equipped with hardwood floors, built-in linen closet and 2nd floor laundry closet. You will have plenty of space in the bright and extensive Master Bedroom featuring a Master Bathroom, Dressing Area with his and hers Walk in Closets, built-in drawers and cabinetry. The large ensuite Bedroom 2 features hardwood floors, ample closet space and windows which look into the beautiful South Mountain reservation. Sun-soaked Bedroom 3 also with hardwood floors benefits from built-in closet space and use of the well-sized Hallway Full Bath. Bedroom 4 includes hardwood floors, ample closet space and its own ensuite Full Bath.
And that’s not all. The lush and expansive backyard features plenty of flat property and privacy, a beautiful stone patio and a beautiful view of South Mountain Reservation. The Lower Level boasts plenty of storage space, Recreation Room and another convenient full bathroom.
With easy access to New York City and close proximity to the Jitney, Midtown Direct Train and South Orange Village, 47 Glenview is the perfect home!
Floor By Floor Details of 47 Glenview, South Orange, NJ 07079
- Bluestone walkway to stone steps with brick risers
- Wood Front Door flanked by detailed sidelights and fanlight
- Entry Vestibule and Foyer featuring hardwood floors, crown molding with rope detail, baseboard molding, flushmount light fixture with drum shade, painted neutral off white
- Curved staircase with new hand-carved oak stair rail leading to 2nd floor
- Coat Closet
- Living Room featuring bow window, hardwood floors, crown molding with rope detail, fireplace with fluted pilasters and curved mantle, stone surround on fireplace, new windows and door to Porch, track lighting, recessed lighting, French door to terrace, painted neutral off white
- Three Season Porch featuring stone floor, exposed brick, beadboard ceiling, door leading out to backyard, oversized screen windows
- Family Room featuring new hardwood floors, sliding door, picture window, recessed lighting, crown molding with rope detail, painted neutral off white
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, tasteful chandelier, crown molding with rope detail, mounted buffet
- Kitchen featuring new picture window to rear, new front window to front, hardwood floors, wood cabinetry, granite countertops, granite backsplash, pantry closet with floor to ceiling storage, LG stainless dishwasher, Thermador double ovens, GE refrigerator, GE Profile cooktop, recessed lighting, new door to patio, new door to garage, back stairway to 2nd floor
- Breakfast Area featuring sitting area and eating area, built-ins with open shelving and storage cabinetry, hardwood floors, tasteful chandelier, storage closet
- Powder Room with separate vanity area
- 2nd Floor Landing featuring hardwood floors, built-in linen closet, closet for 2nd Floor Laundry, flushmount light fixture with drum shade, painted neutral off white
- Master Bedroom featuring hardwood floors, recessed lighting, new windows, crown and baseboard molding, Master Bedroom Dressing Area with 2 walk-in closets, built-in drawers and shelving
- Master Bathroom featuring tiled floor, large vanity with storage, Corian countertops, bidet, vanity lighting, skylight, tub/shower combination with tile surround
- Bedroom #2 featuring ensuite Full Bath with stall shower, toilet, vanity with storage, sconces, 2 built in wall cabinets, hardwood floors, closet with ample hanging space, 3 windows, sconce, crown and baseboard molding
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, closet, 2 windows, painted neutral off white, sconce, crown and baseboard molding
- Bedroom #4 featuring ensuite Full Bath with wall-mounted sink, toilet and stall shower, 2 closets, doorway to back staircase, new window
- Full Hallway Bathroom featuring tub/shower combination with tiled surround, pedestal sink, tiled floor and walls, built-in linen closet
- Carpeted stairway to basement
- Storage room
- Utility room
- Recreation Room
- Full bathroom with stall shower and vanity with storage
- Stone patio
- Flat property with mature trees and privacy
- Attached 2 car garage
- Central Air Conditioning
Visit The Community
The School District of South Orange and Maplewood includes The Montrose Early Childhood Center, seven elementary schools (Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, Seth Boyden, South Mountain, Tuscan Elementary, and South Mountain), The South Orange and Maplewood Middle Schools as well as Columbia High School. All of these institutions live up to their reputation for academic excellence and rigor and boast a long list of impressive accomplishments, resulting from their strong emphasis on academic prowess and social responsibility as the foundation for all educational endeavours. Columbia High School is known as one of the most academically progressive high schools in the state of New Jersey and has been recognized nationally for its academic excellence with a Blue Ribbon award from the US Department of Education. The advanced academic programs provided by a committed staff as well as the full-range student supports and extensive extracurricular programs allow students to become lifelong learners and achieve acceptance into some of the nation’s top universities. The South Orange-Maplewood Adult School stands as a testament to the value that this community places on education, offering continuing education classes in a diverse range of subjects for adults desiring to enrich their experience and expand their minds. The district also offers a highly praised children’s camp during the warmer months called the South Orange-Maplewood Community Summer Program.
South Orange residents have access to both The South Orange Train Station and The Mountain Train Station, offering an approximately 25 minute commute to New York City’s Penn Station. These stations ensure that there are multiple speedy and direct routes to Newark and Hoboken where the PATH Rapid Transit System transfers you to the heart of New York’s financial center. The South Orange Jitney Bus Service allows residents to travel to various other transits stations with ease.
Routes 24, 124, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway take a mere 5-10 minutes by car, enabling residents to traverse the state with ease. For the business traveler, The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is a 20 minute drive away.
Bus routes 92 and 107 pass between South Orange and Irvington, Newark, Newark Liberty Airport, Union City, and New York (to the Port Authority Bus Terminal). Other nearby mass transport options are the Ferry , the Lakeland Bus, and the Community Coach that travel straight to NYC or Atlantic City from nearby stops.