57 Deforest Ave, Summit, NJ 07901
- 3 full, 2 half
- $4,401 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Also available for rent at $6,500 per month
Nestled in Summit’s prestigious Northside is this truly spectacular, elegant and grand Victorian with a cool vintage vibe, flexible floorplan and possibility for a 1st Floor Office, Master or In-Law Suite. Exceptional renovations throughout. Gorgeous lemonade wrap around porch, gleaming hardwood floors, high ceilings, original period millwork, moldings and leaded glass windows. Gourmet Chef’s Kitchen with quartz, marble and high end stainless steel appliances. Huge Master Bedroom Suite with spa-like Bath. This home is ripe for the buyer seeking the quintessential Summit home just minutes from downtown Summit, Short Hills Mall and immediate access to Blue Ribbon Schools and New York Midtown Direct train.
Room by Room Details of 57 Deforest Avenue, Summit
- Wrap around lemonade front porch featuring wood flooring, bead board ceiling, vintage lighting
- Original leaded glass door with stained glass leaded sidelites
- Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, wainscoting, globe light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Office featuring hardwood floors, custom built in bookcases, lantern, elongated windows with original woodwork, door to side porch, baseboard molding, crown molding
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with original mantel, chandelier, recessed lighting, original archway moldings, baseboard molding, crown molding, bay of windows
- Dining Room featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with original mantel, original pocket doors, drum shade light fixture, crown molding, baseboard molding, built in china cabinet with leaded glass
- Powder Room featuring wood-look tile flooring, rustic wood wash basin sink, large recessed medicine cabinet, bead board wainscoting, sconce, custom window treatment
- Eat In Area/Family Room featuring hardwood floors, custom built in banquette, sliding doors out to Deck, baseboard molding, ceiling fan/light combination, door to side yard
- Coat Closet
- Renovated Kitchen featuring hardwood floors, custom wood cabinetry, glass door cabinetry, quartz and marble countertops, tile backsplash, copper farm sink, stainless dishwasher, Sub Zero refrigerator, Wolf stainless built in oven, Wolf built in microwave, Wolf induction cooktop, pendant lighting over island, recessed lighting, built in desk area, door to Deck
First Level, Private Office/In-law Suite
- Private Office/In Law Suite featuring its own entrance, hardwood floors, raised molding on walls, baseboard molding, sconces
- Half Bathroom featuring wood flooring, tile wainscoting, pedestal sink, sconce
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring hardwood floors, ceiling fan/light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, Dressing Room with 3 Double Door Closets
- Master Bathroom featuring marble tile flooring, Restoration Hardware wood vanity with quartz countertop, stone accent wall, frameless glass door shower, claw foot soaking tub, baseboard molding, 4 light sconce, lantern, private toilet
- Bedroom #2 featuring hardwood floors, fireplace with original mantel, decorative window bay, ceiling fan/light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, Closet
- Renovated Full Hall Bathroom featuring tile flooring, shower over tub, wood vanity, recessed medicine cabinet
- 2nd Floor Laundry
- Bedroom #3 featuring hardwood floors, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, arched ceiling, Closet, Walk In Closet
- Bedroom #4 featuring hardwood floors, vaulted ceiling, ceiling fan/light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, Closet
- Bedroom #5 featuring hardwood floors, chandelier, deep moldings, double French doors to Sunroom
- Sunroom featuring hardwood floors, windows at 3 exposures, bead board wainscoting, bead board ceiling, ceiling fan/light fixture, baseboard molding, crown molding, French doors to Bedroom 5
- Renovated Full Bathroom featuring tile flooring, shower over tub, baseboard molding, wood vanity with quartz countertop
- Stone walls and privacy hedges at entry
- Concrete paver front walkway
- Driveway done with ½ concrete pavers
- Meticulously landscaped with blooming perennials and stepping stones
- Completely renovated detached 2 car garage with carriage style doors
- Flat, fully fenced in yard with decorative arbor
- Flagstone Patio
#summitnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About SummitVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Summit, New Jersey is a scenic and highly sought after locale with gorgeous homes and an upscale town center. The township features exquisite estates, charming family homes, cozy townhouses, and fabulous condominiums, all set within a peaceful and social community. Summit’s location makes transportation to New York extremely convenient, and its award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities, and rich history is impossible to upstage. Summit residents love to call this community their home! Summit has so much to offer its residents: convenient transportation to New York City, award-winning schools, plentiful recreational activities and programs, and a rich history! It is no surprise that so many people choose to call Summit home! [optima_express_toppicks id="236518" sortBy="pd" displayType="grid" resultsPerPage="6" header="false" includeMap="false"]
Summit School Information
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
Summit Commuting Info
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.
Summit BLOG POSTS
2017 Summit New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
The Sweet Smell of SpringREAD MORE
Union County Awards $500k in Grants for Better Playground AccessREAD MORE
- 37 Minutes to NYC