72 Great Hills Rd, Short Hills, NJ 07078
- 2 full, 1 half
- $3,230 / mo
- Mortgage Calculator
Welcome home to this beautifully updated and maintained historical home! Warm and inviting, this 3 Bed, 2.5 Bath home features sun-filled rooms, gated pool and a spacious and fenced-in lush yard. Boasting hardwood floors throughout, the main level includes an inviting Living Room and Dining Room with large picture windows and a handsome fireplace flanked by built-ins and a Kitchen outfitted with Stainless Steel Samsung appliances, granite countertops and a breakfast bar with seating for 4. An exquisite step down Family Room features volume ceilings, high light windows and sliding French Doors that opens to the deck, gated pool and a yard spacious enough for family football games. Upstairs, the Master Bedroom is highlighted by vaulted ceilings, architectural windows, two large closets and a luxurious en suite bathroom. Two additional, light-filled bedrooms come with plenty of closet space and provide a canvas for your personal decorating style. The Lower Level includes a rec room with a separate outside entrance, laundry & storage area. Perfectly located in the award-winning Millburn School District, short walk to Deerfield Elementary and Far Brook schools, and minutes from NJ Transit Train Lines, exceptional shopping and restaurants.
Room by Room Details of 72 Great Hills Road Short Hills, New Jersey
- South facing front door with window panels and side lights to Entry Foyer featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chair rail, recessed light, coat closet, 2nd exterior door with glass panels
- Living Room featuring hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chair rail, fireplace (with gas line) brick surround and decorative wood mantle, built in cabinet with decorative shelving, recessed lighting, 2 large picture windows at 2 exposures, front facing window, coat closet, stairway to Upper Level, painted soothing gray
- Family Room featuring hardwood floors, high cathedral ceiling, 3 large windows and 3 highlight windows facing rear property, recessed lighting, sliding French Door (with screen) to back deck, alcove for a bonus office or study with window, door to Powder Room and Lower Level
- Powder Room featuring hardwood floor, baseboard molding, flush mount light fixture, custom granite top vanity, and Toto toilet
- Dining Room featuring wide plank hardwood floors, baseboard molding, chandelier, 5 windows at 2 exposures with Hunter Douglass soft shades series
- Kitchen featuring recessed lighting, tile floor, 4 windows at 2 exposures, granite countertop with tile backsplash, chair rail, white cabinetry with island (seating for 4), new Samsung stainless steel appliances including: range, 5 burner stovetop, microwave, French door refrigerator, dishwasher, stainless steel sink with pull down faucet and soap dispenser, 2 large pantries with shelving, painted soothing gray
- Second entry with wood door with glass panels (storm door) opens to large mudroom with 5 oversize windows at 3 exposures, flush mount light fixture, baseboard molding, hardwood floors
- Carpeted stairway leading to Second Level hallway with 3 flush mounted light fixture, Linen Closet, door to storage attic and window
- Bedroom #1 featuring carpet, 3 decorative arched windows and 2 windows at 2 exposures, built in book shelves with door, baseboard molding, recessed light, cedar closet and closet
- Bedroom #2 featuring carpet, 4 windows (with blinds) at 2 exposures, 2 closets with shelving, 3 designer sconces and baseboard molding
- Hall Bathroom featuring tile floor, window, baseboard molding, shower over tub with tile surround, wood storage vanity with granite countertop, medicine cabinet
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpet, vaulted ceiling, 7 large side by side sliding windows (with Hunter Douglass soft shades series) at 2 exposures, architectural window with arched transom, 2 double sliding closets with mirrored doors, recessed lighting, baseboard molding, en suite Master Bath featuring tile flooring, chair rail double storage vanity with granite countertop, 2 designer bathroom sconces, skylight, double window with blinds, Linen Closet, Aquatica soaking tub with pull out shower head, walk in shower with recessed light, rain shower and pull down faucet, tile surround and glass shower doors
- Stairs to Lower Level featuring Utility Closet, carpeting, finished recreation room, recessed lighting, baseboard molding
- Laundry and work room featuring Kenmore washer and dryer, 4 casement windows, built in work desk, commercial lighting, exterior door to backyard and cement flooring
- Corner lot with 2 separate driveways
- Stone pathway leading to two separate Front Doors with exterior light fixtures
- Wood deck with railing
- Outdoor wood shed
- Flat, fully fenced in yard with decorative arbor
- Fully fenced in Pool (16’ by 28’ 4’ deep)
- Privacy hedges at entry
- Downstairs thermostat can be controlled via phone App
- Freshly painted, 2019
- Water Heater, 2016
- Downstairs AC, 2016
- Updated Master Bath and Powder Room, 2014
- New Appliances and granite countertop, 2014
- New Pool Liner, 2013
#shorthillsnj on Instagram
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD
EMAIL PROPERTY ALERTS
Sign up and receive email alerts when new listings come on the market.
Sorry, no similar listings available at this time.
About Short HillsVISIT NEIGHBORHOOD
Short Hills is one of the most sought-after towns in the country for a seemingly infinite number of reasons. The area boasts beautiful homes, excellent schools, abundant natural space, and easy access to Manhattan. Foodies will delight in the abundance of excellent dining options in the area, and, whether you are looking for designer labels, household goods, or farm-fresh produce, you’ll have plenty of shopping options. Short Hills also has more artists, designers, and people working in media than 90% of the communities in America, and this concentration of artists helps shape the area’s distinguished character.
Short Hills School Information
Looking for academic excellence? You have come to the right place! Millburn Township Schools are top-notch. Millburn High School is distinguished as a Blue Ribbon School and is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the state of New Jersey, not to mention one of the top high schools in the entire country. There are 5 quality, high-ranking elementary schools serving the Short Hills/Millburn area (Glenwood, Hartshorn, Deerfield, South Mountain, and Wyoming) as well as the distinguished Millburn Middle School, which has been named a Benchmark School of Excellence based on state assessments. Millburn Township Schools not only provide top-of-the-line educational services, but they are also equipped with an extensive amount of resources and programs to provide comprehensive support and enrich the lives of both the students and their families.
Short Hills Commuting Info
Due to the ease of commuting into Manhattan from Short Hills, this area has become a popular choice for New York-based professionals. The conveniently located Short Hills Station provides access to NJ Transit’s Morris & Essex Line and Gladstone Branch Train Line, offering a speedy, no-hassle commute to New York Penn Station. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey also offers additional routes for rapid commuting into and throughout NYC.
The Short Hills area also provides easy access to major roadways such as routes 24, 280, I-78, the New Jersey Turnpike, and the Garden State Parkway, which makes commuting or traveling by car convenient and hassle-free. Short Hills Residents also enjoy the privilege of having The Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, within a 20-minute drive.
Short Hills BLOG POSTS
2018 New Jersey Monthly High School Rankings Are Out! Our Midtown Direct Towns Shine!READ MORE
2017 Short Hills / Millburn New Jersey Market ReviewREAD MORE
Matchmaker Monday | Short Hills | Agent Partner: Dennis Byun 973-936-9129READ MORE
- 40 Minutes to NYC