Bright & Spacious 5 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath CHCol in Summit!Summit
88 Portland Rd, Summit NJ 07901
- 88 Portland Rd
- .667 acres
- 3 full, 1 half
New Listing For Sale! 88 Portland Rd, Summit, NJ 07901
Call The Sue Adler Team for more information 973-936-9129
Price: $ 1,590,000
Sunny updated center hall Colonial in Woodland Park around corner from Franklin Elementary, Excellent flow! Chef’s dream gourmet Kitchen with high-end appliances, stunning custom cabinetry, adjacent casual seating area and breakfast area; elegant paneled study/den with window seat; renovated Master Bedroom Suite featuring wall of custom built-ins, separate dressing area and marble bath with walk-in shower; expansive, flexible finished walk out lower level, steel beam in place over the garage for future additional 2nd floor living space! Custom details combined with ultimate in modern amenities make this home truly special!
A short ride through the meandering tree-lined streets of Summit brings you to 88 Portland Road, a lovingly upgraded home with 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and plenty of flexible space to meet all your family requirements.
As you enter the home through the inviting center foyer your first glimpse of the home’s character and open airy feel comes into view. Well planned living and entertaining spaces set this home apart beginning with the elegantly paneled Den reached through a broad archway with pocket doors just to your left. Rich cherry cabinetry and millwork provide plenty of storage and display space for your favorite books and collectibles while the large bay window seat is perfectly situated in front of the grand fireplace with matching cherry mantel and brick surround. What a warm and inviting setting in which to cozy up after a busy day! For more formal gatherings, continue on into the expansive Living Room with large picture windows with views of the lush greenery and rolling lawns in the backyard, crown moldings and gleaming hardwood floors. Meal times are a true pleasure with plenty of room for food preparation and an array of dining options. The updated chef’s dream Kitchen includes custom cabinetry and high-end appliances accented by fine granite counter tops. Enjoy a quick snack at the center island breakfast bar while chatting with family or friends lounging in the adjacent sitting area nestled below a large bay window facing the front yard. Sit down to a casual meal in the spacious Breakfast Room highlighted by built-in breakfront, vaulted ceiling and sliding doors to the raised wooden deck just outside. The neighboring formal Dining Room is the perfect locale to host holiday festivities and special occasions with family and friends. A conveniently located Powder Room is just around the corner, while a Mud Room just off the main kitchen area is well outfitted with storage and has easy access to the garage and side yard.
The second level is home to a large gallery landing that leads to 5 generously sized bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The Master Suite offers a romantic setting with elegant built-in cabinetry providing plenty of hanging and drawer space as well as a vanity mirror that reflects the greenery visible through the large window facing the backyard. Enjoy the convenience of the separate dressing area with His & Hers closets that sits just outside the updated en suite marble bath with spacious vanity and walk-in shower. Family and guests will be pleased with their own personal space found in 4 additional bedrooms (each with plenty of closet space) and an updated hall bath.
And there’s more….a finished lower level has amazing flexibility for use as you see fit. It’s home to a large Recreation Room with access to the grade level patio that’s ideal for outdoor entertaining, a full bath, an expansive fully equipped Laundry Room/Utility Room with plenty of storage space and a bonus room that’s ideally suited as a hobby, game or exercise room. Outside, the backyard is private and spacious and provides endless opportunities for outdoor play.
Upon viewing, you’ll undoubtedly see how the vast array of upgraded features, flexible and spacious floor plan and desirable location make 88 Portland Road the ideal place to call your family home.
Floor by Floor Features of 88 Portland Rd, Summit NJ 07901
- Entry Foyer with wide plank hardwood floors, crown molding, front door with beveled glass accents, coat closet with bi-fold doors, crystal and brass fixture, access to Living Room, hallway to Kitchen and broad archway with pocket doors to Den
- Den featuring custom cherry wainscoting/paneling, crown molding, built-in cabinetry including window seat below large bay window, storage and display unit, desk, fireplace with cherry mantel and brick surround, recessed lighting
- Living Room with hardwood floors, large picture window, window treatments, crown molding, broad archway to Dining Room
- Dining Room with hardwood floors, wainscoting with hand painted accents, crown molding, large picture window with window treatments, 2 sconces, crystal chandelier with ceiling medallion, recessed lights, swinging door to Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Kitchen with custom designed pine with no knots Premier Cabinetry made in Pennsylvania Amish Country, granite countertops, recessed lighting, custom designed crown moldings stained to match custom cabinetry, high end appliances including stainless steel Dacor 36” 6-burner range with convection oven below, Dacor 30” wall oven with microwave and warming drawer, Sub Zero refrigerator, Sub Zero Freezer and Meile dishwasher with matching cabinetry panels, stainless steel sink with purified water spout and large window above, center island with granite counter, stainless prep sink, breakfast bar and storage cabinets, large pantry closet with shelving; open to sitting area with window seat and window treatments and Breakfast Room with built-in breakfront with granite serving surface, storage cabinets and display/book shelves, vaulted ceiling, iron chandelier, sliding doors to deck with transom above; access to Mud Room
- Mud Room with ceramic tile floor, Corian bench with cherry wood cubbies above, crown molding, broom closet, light fixture, side door and access to Garage
- Powder Room with limestone topped vanity, limestone floor, 2 sconces and leaded glass privacy window
- Gallery Landing with hardwood floors, crystal light fixture, pull-down stairs to attic, linen closet with shelving
- Master Bedroom Suite featuring carpet, picture window with grass cloth shades, “California Closets” full wall built-in custom cabinetry with drawers, hanging storage area and vanity with large framed mirror, 2 bedside sconces, ceiling fan, crown molding, dressing area with carpet, recessed lighting and 2 large closets with custom shelving, en suite bath with ceramic tile floor and ½ tiled wall with decorative border, vanity with Corian top, sink and storage below, 2 sconces and recessed lighting, walk-in shower with tiled walls, built-in bench and corner shelves, hand held and stationary showerheads
- Bedroom #2 with carpet, 3 windows with window treatments, crown molding and large “California Closet” with built-in shelving
- Bedroom #3/Office with carpet, crown molding, window with wood blinds, custom built0in desk and large closet with bi-fold doors
- Bedroom #4 with carpet, crown molding, 2 windows, light fixture and large “California Closet” with shelving
- Bedroom #5 with carpet, crown molding, light fixture, 3 windows with window treatments, large “California Closet” with shelving
- Hall Bath with 2 sink vanity with Corian top and cabinets below, shower over tub with tile walls, ceramic tile floor, recessed lights and window facing rear yard
- Recreation Room with carpet, built-in cabinetry, sliding door to grade level patio, recessed lighting, baseboard heat, large picture window, large double-door storage closet with shelving
- Full Bath with sink with cabinet, bead board wainscoting, faux wood grain tile floor, walk-in corner shower with glass door
- Laundry Room/Utility Room with tile floor, Whirlpool washer and dryer, storage cabinets, workshop area with peg board storage, refrigerator, stainless utility sink with Formica folding surface and cabinets below
- Bonus Room with linoleum floor, fluorescent lighting, large walk-in cedar closet with shelving
- 2-Car garage with electric doors, peg board storage and storage cabinets
- 2-Zone forced air heat/AC
- Water Softener
- Security System
- Professionally landscaped property with flat lawns, raised wooden deck and grade level cement patio
Visit The Community
The Summit Public Schools consist of a number of remarkably distinguished institutions. The district offers top-notch early childhood education through Jefferson and WIlson Primary Centers, which offer both Pre-K and Kindergarten, and the five elementary schools within the district (Brayton, Franklin, Jefferson, Lincoln Hubbard, and Washington) have a strong reputation for academic excellence. The LCJ Summit Middle School is well-known for its dedicated and award-winning staff as well as their multitude of enriching academic, musical, and athletic programs that help students expand their horizons. Summit High School takes an individualized, student-centered approach to educational achievement that focuses on future career goals and continuing education preparation. The entire public school district thrives on community engagement and familial involvement, and every member strives to ensure that students are prepared for responsible citizenship by providing an optimal level of support through their numerous services and programs.
The Summit area also offers a great selection of local summer camps including the Kent Place School summer camp, the creative camps at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, sporting activities sponsored by The Summit Department of Community Programs , and the Summit YMCA’s camp program.
New Jersey Transit provides convenient commuting options to New York from Summit, NJ.
The Summit Train Station allows commuters to travel directly to Penn Station and Hoboken, and the PATH, The NY Waterway and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority provide complementary routes into and throughout NYC. Living in Summit also makes it easy to hop on The Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, and Route I-78. The Newark Liberty Airport, offering domestic and international flights, is within a 20 minute drive of Summit, NJ, making the location ideal for business travelers.