Fall Book Sale – Friends of Maplewood Library
One of Maplewood’s treasures is The Maplewood Memorial Library just across the street from Maplewood Middle School, on 51 Baker Street, and typically packed with students from all over the community. It has a great children’s room with special programs and story time readings. The library offers a wealth of resources including two meeting rooms available free of charge since this is a non-profit library.
But what people are looking forward to is their upcoming Fall Book Sale – Friends of Maplewood Library. It will take place Saturday, November 17, from 10 am to 5pm, as well as on Sunday, November 18, from 11am to 5pm. The Sunday event, will include a bag-of-books sale, and the entrance will be through the back door of the library.
Amongst the lot of hardbacks and paperbacks available will be children’s stories, crafts, cook books, fiction, history, science and so much more. Even books-on-tape, CDs, DVDs and videotapes will be sold for bargain prices.
Support Maplewood Library for this upcoming event. Here are the details:
- What: Friends of Maplewood Library Fall Book Sale
- When: November17 and 18, 2012
- Where: Maplewood Memorial Library,51 Baker Street, Maplewood, New Jersey
- Official Website: http://www.maplewoodlibrary.org
A Benefit for Ryan Burbank
Who is Ryan Burbank? Ryan is an 18-year old resident of Maplewood who became paralyzed from the chest down during a backyard pool accident. This very sad and unfortunate day happened this past July 1st. After undergoing emergency surgery that fused some parts of his spinal cords, he is now home with his parents and brothers. Ryan will need lots of care and therapy in the coming months.
Friends and relatives of the Burbank family have rallied together and planned an event, sponsored by the HK Community Fund, on November 17 for the benefit of Ryan. The proceeds will be used for purchasing a wheelchair van, to make alterations for Ryan’s home and other important needs. Two hundred people are expected to attend this heartwarming community event.
The success of this day — with lots of fun activities including a raffle loaded with gift certificates, merchandise, sports and concert tickets and free services — is up to all of us. It promises to be a whole day and night of fun, excitement, love and sharing. Give hope to Ryan and join the event. On this day please remember the adage, it is always better to give than to receive.
Here are the major details:
- What: Ryan’s Hope: A Benefit for Ryan Burbank
- Where: Maplewood Woman’s Club, 60 Woodland Road, Maplewood, New Jersey
- When: November 17, 2012, Saturday 7:00am to 11:00pm
- Donation: $20
- Tickets are available at: Maplewood Town Hall, Fringe Salon, Maplewood Wine & Liquor
- What’s in store: Tricky Tray, Raffle Items, Good Music, Food and Drinks
- Contact Info: Look for Janey deLuca at 973-378-8906