The desire to leave something special and personal behind for loved ones is important for those living with a life-limiting illness. Knowing how to go about this process can be difficult, time-consuming and confusing. That’s where Memories Live steps in with a process that is simple, streamlined and free. Memories Live can help you create an everlasting gift by capturing family history, personal life experience and advice for children and grandchildren. Memories Live provides an important connection for you and your family while offering you the opportunity to reflect on your own life, and it is all done with respect and great care.
Here are 5 things you should know about Memories Live and what they do:
- Memories Live uses the power of film to help people facing life-limiting illnesses preserve their images, stories and wisdom.
- Memories Live is a “one woman” show. Its founder, filmmaker Kerry Glass, markets the organization to healthcare providers, coordinates with clients, films and conducts the interviews, and personally edits and produces each and every movie. Kerry’s friends at the Millburn Post Office know her by name when she goes to mail each and every completed movie.
- Memories Live has touched the lives of families from all over the region – and the country. Kerry has traveled throughout the tri-state region to work with clients in their homes or at their bedsides and individuals have traveled from as far away as Illinois and North Carolina to have their story captured on film.
- In seven short years, Memories Live has helped 125 magnificent, inspiring, funny, creative, shy, heroic and kind individuals tell their personal stories.
- There is no cost to families for a Memories Live movie. Memories Live is supported by grants and donations.
There are so many amazing non-profit organizations serving the members of our communities along the MidTown Direct Train Lines. It is an honor for The Sue Adler Team to feature so many of these organizations through our 100th Home Sale Charity Program. We’re humbled by the work that they do and we are proud to feature each one by providing more in-depth information about them and how they serve. The 2017 Sue Adler Team 100th Home Sale Charity Program is up and running and first round voting is well under way! We invite you to learn more about how our Team will give away $20,000 across 6 local charities upon the close of our 100th home sale of the year, and how YOU can decide which charity moves on to the final round of voting. Visit www.sueadler.com/100home to vote daily for your charity of choice, and the top 6 vote-getters will move on to the final round. To learn more about the Memories Live and the amazing work that they do, please visit www.memorieslive.org.