Westfield NJ Homes for Sale
Westfield was founded in 1720 and is located in Union County, New Jersey. A strong community with deep historical roots, as well as one of the best town centers in all of our New Jersey train line towns, Westfield was awarded the Great American Main Street Award from the National Trust in 2004. Westfield residents feel a strong connection to the development of their community and encourage local business growth by shopping locally, and has even won the America in Bloom contest for creating such a beautiful community. Crime is lower than average in Westfield and you can see more detailed demographic information of this train line town by clicking here.
Westfield is made up of many neighborhoods and has two distinct sections: the North Side and the South Side. As you explore the Westfield community, you may notice names of the neighborhoods mentioned. We have listed them below.
- Country Club Estates
- The Gardens
- Indian Forest
- Kimball Avenue Historic District
- Manor Park
- Stoneleigh Park
Westfield Public Schools, is a district made up of six elementary schools for children in kindergarten through grade 5 - Lincoln, Franklin Elementary School, Jefferson Elementary School, McKinley Elementary School, Tamaques Elementary School, Washington Elementary School, and Wilson Elementary School. There are two middle schools, Theodore Roosevelt Intermediate School and Thomas Alva Edison Intermediate School and one high school. Westfield High School is noted as being innovative, as one of the only high schools to publish an uncensored student newspaper in New Jersey and in the United States.
For early education, the Lincoln School Early Childhood Learning Center, provides Westfield's preschool and kindergarten students early childhood education.
Almost 6,300 students benefit from the over 800dedicated staff members of the Westfield School District, becoming students of great academic merit. In fact, in May of 2011, 54 high students at Westfield High School scored perfect scores of 800 on their SAT scores. Their academic preparation and resulting test scored demonstrate the power of the Westfield School District.
Visit New Jersey Transit for official schedule and fare information, ticketing and rider guide for the buses and trains and the individual links below for information specific to Westfield.
- Raritan Valley Line Schedule - Westfield to Newark/New York
- #59 Bus Schedule - Dunellen, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Westfield, Garwood, Cranford, Union County College, Roselle, Elizabeth, Hillside, Newark
- #113 Bus Schedule - Dunellen, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, Fanwood, Westfield, Garwood, Cranford, Roselle Park, Hillside
For parking permit info, Westfield offers a variety of options for commuters, emploees, and residents. Please click here for updated information. All residents who use the residential parking need to have a permit displayed on their vehicles and the cost is $10. Those vehicles without a parking permit will be ticketed.
Metered parking is also available throughout Westfield and free parking options are listed below:
- FREE parking in permit spaces after 12:00 p.m. in Lot #3 (South Avenue Train lot) and Lot #6 based on availability.
- FREE parking is available on Saturdays in Lots #6, #8, and Lot #3 at non-numbered, non-metered permit spots, and at orange bagged employee permit spaces on Orchard St., Ferris Place and Upper Elm St.
- Employees are encouraged to use Lot #3 and Lot #8 on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Downtown Westfield always offers FREE parking in all spaces on Sundays.
Data compiled from the GSMLS. Deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Sue feels that if you are in the market to buy or sell real estate in Westfield, it is important to understand the trends in Active Listings, Days on the Market, and Listing to Sale Price ratio so that you can make an educated decision
|1129 South Ave W||$229,900||$229,900||$206,250||2||1||HalfDupl||90%||32|
|1131 South Ave W||$229,900||$229,900||$206,250||2||1||HalfDupl||90%||32|
|101 Oxford Ter||$435,000||$375,000||$362,000||4||1.1||CapeCod||83%||72|
|1037 Irving Ave||$439,900||$419,900||$400,000||3||1||CapeCod||91%||93|
|565 1st St||$432,500||$432,500||$482,500||3||2||Colonial||112%||12|
|1509 Pine Grove Ave||$474,900||$474,900||$425,000||4||1.1||CapeCod||89%||34|
|14 S Wickom Dr||$535,000||$535,000||$515,000||3||2||SplitLev||96%||18|
|1007 Ripley Ave||$589,900||$589,900||$585,000||3||2.1||Colonial||99%||21|
|744 Knollwood Ter||$626,476||$626,476||$586,500||3||2.1||Colonial||94%||51|
|479 Otisco Drive||$650,000||$638,500||$590,000||4||2.1||SplitLev||91%||89|
|73 Tamaques Way||$799,000||$799,000||$775,000||3||3||SplitLev||97%||81|
|38 Mohawk Trl||$1,264,900||$1,264,900||$1,242,500||5||5.1||Colonial||98%||112|
|1258 Summit Ave||$1,279,000||$1,279,000||$1,250,000||5||5||Colonial||98%||46|
|649 4th Ave||$1,295,000||$1,295,000||$1,275,000||5||3.1||Colonial||98%||48|
|840 Grant Ave||$1,300,000||$1,300,000||$1,300,000||5||4.1||Colonial||100%||7|
Entertainment and the Arts
Westfield is a town built around the community of music. From Arbor Chamber Music to the Oratorio Singers, Westfield provides a solid foundation for anyone seeking arts and entertainment of a mu sical variety. The Choral Art Society of New Jersey, and New Jersey Field Music, a historical fife, bugle and drum corps, the Musical Club of Westfield, the New Jersey Workshop for the Arts, and the Westfield Community Band are other treasures that can be found in Westfield.
The Miller-Cory House is another find in Westfield! A living museum that depicts life in the mid-18th century, the Miller-Cory House adds true perspective to life in Westfield.
From the 5K run to the Jazz Festival, you can always find a community event to enjoy in Westfield. If you're looking to enjoy an evening on the town, however, there are a host of restaurants of all flavors and sizes to delight you whether you are looking for a special meal or something more casual. Click here to see more on restaurant selection and events in Westfield.
Westfield's downtown combines the allure of national stores, such as Lord & Taylor and Trader Joe's, historical landmarks, such as the Rialto Theater with more than 40 restaurants and many other local businesses. A variety of independent art galleries, boutiques and shops are well-established in Westfield, as well, with nearly one-third of the retailers and restaurants having been in business for over twenty-five years. Businesses thrive in Westfield, resulting in more than 200 retail establishments and 400 commercial ventures, making it a town sought out by visitors to New Jersey.
- Downtown Westfield Corporation
- Westfield Chamber of Commerce
- Westfield Leader
- The Alternative Press
- Westfield Patch
- Westfield Area Y
- Westfield Art Association
- Westfield United Way
- Westfield Weather Forecast
- Westfield-Mountainside Red Cross
- Union County Crime Stoppers
- New Jersey Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Friends of Mindowaskin Park
- Union County Web Site
- State of New Jersey
- New Jersey Transit
- Union County Passport Office - Information on how to obtain a United States Passport for foreign travel.
- Union County Public Land Records - Search Land Records of Union County, New Jersey from June 1, 1977 including mortgages, deeds and assignments.
- Union County Voter Registration - Register to vote in Union County.
- Absentee Ballot - Obtain an absentee ballot when you will not be able to vote locally on Election Day.
- Union County Recycling - Information and events for recycling electronics, paper shredding, tires, medication, syringes, oil based paints, propane tanks and other hazardous materials.
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle online services and information about driver licenses, permits, driver history records, inspection, and other motor vehicle needs.