Almost new center hall colonial on a cul-de-sacChatham
17 Karlin Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
- 17 Karlin Dr
- 3 Full and 1 Half
SOLD! Call Sue Adler for more information 973-936-9129
17 Karlin Dr, Chatham, NJ 07928
Sitting majestically at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac in the heart of Chatham Township, you’ll feel right at home in this spacious center hall Colonial. Upon entering, you’ll be greeted by the soaring 2-story entry with its grand Palladium window and elegant center stairway…they are just the first glimpse of the tastefully appointed details throughout the home.
Proceed through the arched entry into the Living Room featuring attractive wide plank hardwood floors and an elegant bay window. Here you’ll find a wonderful setting for entertaining family and friends while enjoying views of the surrounding mountains. Continue on through the double French doors to the conveniently located Office with another set of doors that leads to the impressive 2-story Family Room and the warmth emanating from the gas fireplace. Cozy up with a book there before heading into the spacious formal Dining Room for a lavish meal or into the well appointed Kitchen with its top of the line appliances and comfortable Breakfast Room overlooking the lush backyard oasis. An elegant Powder Room and easily accessible Laundry Room complete the first level living space.
When it’s time to retire at the end of the evening, you’ll proceed up the staircase to the second level. The Master Suite awaits with extensive closet space including a custom designed walk-in as well as a spa-like en suite bath featuring spectacular marble tile, Formica topped vanity with double sinks, a large marble stall shower along with a whirlpool tub bathed in light from the skylight above. Three generous sized bedrooms with hardwood floors, recessed lighting, ample closet space and plenty of light streaming through their large windows provide an abundance of living space for family and guests. A full Hallway Bath and large linen/storage closets finish the second level.
And there’s more…the finished basement level includes a cheery Recreation Room that’s perfect for all kinds of family fun, a large bedroom with an En Suite Bath as well as plenty of flexible storage space to meet all your needs. Outside, the multi-level bluestone patio frames a sun drenched in-ground pool…picture the space with multiple tables and lounge chairs and appetizing smells coming from the barbeque – vacationing at home has never been more relaxing.
With easy access to NYC transportation, the #1 High School in the State of New Jersey according to NJ Monthly and world class shopping and restaurants, 17 Karlin Drive is the perfect place to call home.
- 2-story Entrance Hall with ceramic tile, large palladium window, grand stairway with decorative iron and wood bannister, 2 coat closets, window treatments and chandelier
- Living Room with wide plank hardwood floors, crown moldings, recessed lighting, bay window with window treatment and French doors to Office
- Office with wide plank wood floors, recessed lighting, window treatments and French doors to Family Room
- Family Room with wide plank wood floors and cathedral ceiling, large arched windows, gas fireplace with marble surround, recessed lighting, track lighting and overhang from second floor landing; access to Entrance Hall
- Dining Room features wide plank wood floors, crown molding, 2 storage closets, chandelier, sconces and bay window
- Kitchen with granite counters and travertine backsplash with decorative trim, center island, Breakfast Room, high-end appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerator, Bosch dishwasher, Viking range/oven, disposal, Breakfast Room, recessed lighting, large pantry, decorative glass paned cabinets; sliders to rear deck
- Powder Room with pedestal sink and ceramic tile floors, recessed lights and window treatment
- Laundry Room with ceramic tile, washer/dryer and utility sink
- Sliding doors to multi-level bluestone patio with outdoor lighting, heated pool with stone wall surround, fenced in yard and access to driveway
- Galley hallway overlooking Family Room; hardwood floors, large linen/storage closet
- Master Bedroom Suite with tray ceiling, ceiling fan, recessed lighting and sconces, walk-in closet with custom shelving, hardwood floors and window treatments
- Master Bath with marble tile floor, Formica top vanity with double sinks, recessed lights and skylight, whirlpool tub, stall shower with marble tile
- Bedroom #2 features wide plank wood floors, chair rail and crown molding, closet, recessed lighting
- Bedroom #3 features wide plank hardwood floors, large windows; double width closet and recessed lighting
- Bedroom #4 with wide plank hardwood floors, recessed lighting and closet
- Hall Bath with shower over tub, ceramic tile floor and backsplash, double sink vanity with formica top, recessed lighting
- Finished basement with carpet, Recreation Room with full wall of closets, recessed lighting, utility and storage rooms and access to 2-car garage
- Bonus room with carpet, large closet and En Suite Bath with pedestal sink, ceramic tile floor, stall shower with marble backsplash with decorative trim, light fixture
Additional Features and Updates
- Security/Fire alarm system
- 2 car garage with electric doors
- 2 Zone baseboard heat
- 2 Zone Central air
Visit The Community
Families moving to the Chathams often tell me that the area’s biggest draw is the very high standards of the schools. Parents here place a high value on education, resulting in one of the most outstanding systems in the area. Schools in both Chatham Township and Chatham Borough come under the administration of the School District of the Chathams, supported by a very active group of parents and community members in the Chatham Education Foundation. Since their inception in 1997 they have raised over $300,000 to enhance Chatham’s schools.
Chatham High School was recently recognized with a Blue Ribbon Award of Excellence, the highest award conferred on schools by the US Department of Education. It was ranked 8th among New Jersey’s 322 public schools by New Jersey Monthly magazine in 2010. The school strives to meet the educational needs of every child with a carefully tailored curriculum which includes 18 or so AP courses as well as providing support for children with special needs. Students excel outside the classroom too – Chatham High School has an award winning marching band, a lively theatre program and top of the league teams in basketball, tennis, cross-country and soccer.
One unique feature of the Chatham Middle School is the way each grade is divided into “houses,” creating a smaller, more intimate atmosphere. There are four elementary schools: kids go to Milton Avenue, Southern Boulevard, or Washington Avenue from kindergarten to grade 3 and then on toLafayette School for the final two years of their elementary education.
Chatham kids love the summer camps run by the Work Family Connection.
You can continue learning when schooldays are long gone at the Adult School, which offers a huge variety of classes in everything from arts and crafts, through to challenging courses on business and legal issues.
Beautiful homes, plenty of space, fabulous amenities and only 25 miles from New York City – is it any wonder Chatham is so popular with commuters? Chatham Station is on New Jersey Transit’s Morristown Line with a Midtown Direct commuter service reaching New York Penn Station in as little as 46 minutes. There are direct trains into Hoboken, too. Most homes in Chatham Borough are within walking distance of the Chatham train station, and there are free bike racks there. Residents can apply for parking permits from Chatham Borough for the lots next to the station on Fairmount Avenue and Railroad Plaza and along Bond Street and Fairmount Avenue. They cost around $350 a year.
There is metered parking, too, for $5.00 per day. Chatham is just off exit 7 of Route 24, providing easy access to I-78 and I-287, and the New Jersey Turnpike, the Garden State Parkway and Route 280 are all within 10-15 minutes. Newark Liberty Airport, a major continental and international gateway, is just a 20 minute drive away. New Jersey Transit’s MCM-3 bus runs through Chatham between Livingston Mall, Short Hills Mall, Madison, Morristown, Morris Plains and Greystone Park.